What Happens To Me Now??????

Simba0319

Mouseketeer
Okay, so I have been reading about this new "Best Rate Program" but I already have me ressies for the Beach Club. I tried to make new ressies on the passholder site in the best rate section and my hotel was not available. So am I going to get shafted now? Will I be able to apply th AP rate when they come out the old fashioned way by phone or will I no longer be able to get it??? I was counting on the discount because the way it is booked now is very expensive.

HELP HELP HELP !!!!!!!! I am going crazy with all this confusion!!! Does anyone have any answers????? Can anyone help me????

:confused3 :crazy: :confused3 :crazy: :confused3 :crazy: :confused3 :crazy:

At this point, nobody really knows. Disney may or may not open up AP discounts the "normal" way. It looks like discounted rooms are already selling out with the new program. We just have to wait and see... :confused3

You've got a few options:

You could book a different resort using the Best Rate Program. But be careful because there's a one-night deposit that is non-refundable.

You could try to get the AAA rate, if you haven't already.

Or you could hold on and wait to see if AP rates are released for your chosen resort and dates.

You could also check back to see if availability is later added to the Best Rate Program for your resort.

keep checking online, they may release more rooms. They may not, but it doesn't hurt to try. As for call ins, basially what I was told was "maybe." I think it's just going to boil down to how successful this promo is, if it takes off...then no call ins. If they still have rooms to fill, they they'll have SOME sort of discount but there is no guarantee it will be an AP rate.

Don't give up...keep trying! :)

EthansMom said:
You could also check back to see if availability is later added to the Best Rate Program for your resort.

That's the one I'd go with!!! There have been so many people (myself included) that found no availability, then availability, only to have it snatched away again...then return! Keep checking :flower:

The CM I spoke to told me to cancel my original as I will not be able to apply the AP rate and book a new reservation throught the AP website. Which I did after 8 hours of trying!!! If there was 'no availability' earlier, try now, it seems to have been cleared up a bit and others that are pounding the site and not booking are slowly releasing the rooms back into the pool.

Regs,

CJM

U2FanHfx said:
The CM I spoke to told me to cancel my original as I will not be able to apply the AP rate and book a new reservation throught the AP website. Which I did after 8 hours of trying!!! If there was 'no availability' earlier, try now, it seems to have been cleared up a bit and others that are pounding the site and not booking are slowly releasing the rooms back into the pool.

CJM

I didn't cancel my existing AAA rez until I had a confirmed AP Best Rate at a discounted rate less than my AAA. I had no problem making the reservation, then immediately cancelled the AAA reservation. I wasn't about to give up a sure discount on a gamble!

Even under the old way of calling in for the AP rates you could not always get the resort or the level of room you wanted. Some resorts booked quickly while others did not have a discount for say a standard view but did for a courtyard view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter