• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What happens if you miss a reservation?

Lil Davy

Mouseketeer
I just got into my 180 day window and I need to start making the reservations for our 8/15 trip. My question is what happens if you miss a made ressie? How late can you cancel a ressie without penalty (if any).

Nothing, unless you've put down a credit card to guarantee the reservation (some reservations require it). If you've done that, and you don't show up or cancel, you'll be charged a no-show fee per person. The amount of the fee and the cancellation deadline varies by restaurant.

It's considered a breach of etiquette (at least on the boards) to skip reservations without cancelling them, but most of the time you will incur no monetary penalty for doing so.

Last October, when had some issue's that were taken care of at check in which involved changing resorts. We were 4 hours late for our ressies at Planet Hollywood, When we arrived I told the hostess that we were about 4 hours late for our reservation, she smiled and said you have a reservation, I said yes, she took my name and time and we were on the red carpet and on the way to a table in about 5 mins. So my thought is even if your late and want to eat go ahead a show up.

So you need a CC with a DDP ressie? So when is the latest that a ressie can be canceled.

No. You do not need a CC for a DDP reservation. Only certain ones...like CRT, any of the dinner shows, and the Fantasmic package. There may be others, but those are the ones I can think at the moment.

So you need a CC with a DDP ressie? So when is the latest that a ressie can be canceled.

You don't need a CC with all DDP ADR's. You will need one for dinner shows like HDDR, SOA, and for CRT - and there are a few others, I think. You'll know when you make your reservations if you need to leave the CC info.
As the PP said, you'll only incur a monetary penalty at the above noted places...
Hope this is a little clearer than mud!:rotfl:
Have a great trip!
Gretchen

Has nothing to do with the DDP. If you're on the DDP and register with it when you book the restaurant reservations, you will leave a credit card guarantee for the normally prepaid restaurants - CRT and the three dinner shows. That's the only time DDP comes into play. If you don't have DDP at the time you book you will pay in full for these four reservations.

Whether you're on DDP or not, you will need to give a credit card guarantee for any reservation at Akershus, California Grill, Victoria & Alberts (which is not a DDP restaurant anyway), and special dining packages like Fantasmic Dining Package, Candlelight Processional Dining Package, or Lunch with an Imagineer (the last is not on the dining plan).

Has nothing to do with the DDP. If you're on the DDP and register with it when you book the restaurant reservations, you will leave a credit card guarantee for the normally prepaid restaurants - CRT and the three dinner shows. That's the only time DDP comes into play. If you don't have DDP at the time you book you will pay in full for these four reservations.

Whether you're on DDP or not, you will need to give a credit card guarantee for any reservation at Akershus, California Grill, Victoria & Alberts (which is not a DDP restaurant anyway), and special dining packages like Fantasmic Dining Package, Candlelight Processional Dining Package, or Lunch with an Imagineer (the last is not on the dining plan).

We ate at California Grill in August and we didn't put down a CC guarantee (that I remember).

We ate at California Grill in August and we didn't put down a CC guarantee (that I remember).

I've heard this happens sometimes, but if it does you have benefited from a mistake. California Grill is supposed to take a credit card guarantee and that hasn't changed. In fact I had a CC guarantee for a reservation in September, so it hadn't been eliminated.

I've heard this happens sometimes, but if it does you have benefited from a mistake. California Grill is supposed to take a credit card guarantee and that hasn't changed. In fact I had a CC guarantee for a reservation in September, so it hadn't been eliminated.

I too had to put down a credit card as a guarantee for our upcoming May trip so they are still doing it.

I just got into my 180 day window and I need to start making the reservations for our 8/15 trip. My question is what happens if you miss a made ressie? How late can you cancel a ressie without penalty (if any).

I just made my ressies yesterday for 8/15-8/23 with DDP.

You will be told when you make your reservation what the cancellation w/o fee deadline is. I booked Fantasmic! Dinner Package at Mama Melrose - it's a 2 day minimum to cancel or $10 pp will be charged to the credit card that I used at booking.

There is no minimum cancellation for CC-backed ADR's but I agree that it would be horribly selfish if you (figurative "you", not literal "you") knew you couldn't/wouldn't make your ADR and didn't cancel. Especially during Free Dining. I had to cancel an ADR for CM for 4 people about an hour beforehand. We just couldn't make it. I envisioned someone getting a wonderful surprise - "Yes, an opening just became available!"

As I understand it, this was the back story for the two skeletons playing chess in the POC dungeon. I think they were 15 minutes late for Ohana - or so the tale goes.

(Cue spooky music)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter