What doesn't matter to you

I've heard there's more stuff back in Dino Land other than the Dinosaur ride. I vaguely remember walking through there once 15 years ago. I wouldn't notice if anything happened to it.

Chester and Hester's Dino-rama! There was an episode where Dustin went through all of the theming and back stories of Animal Kingdom that's fascinating.

Yeah, the back story they developed for Chester and Hester's is great - but most park goers don't know it so it just seems random and cheap and like any carnival you would ever see

I love details like this sign though - that the imagineers created a new sign that was originally for the gas station and then painted over it to be for the souvenir store that Chester and Hester converted their gas station for to take advantage of the Dino-craze in the area

10_Dino%20land%20sign%20over%20sign.jpg

but yeah, I think most people would be find if something cooler and more impressive went into this area

What bothers me is things not making thematic sense. GMR changing is okay. Universe of energy needed to be changed but Guardians doesn't make sense and their "Peter quill went to Epcot when he was a kid" story doesn't really work.

I just got around to listening to last week's News podcast...and when John referenced that as "great Disney storytelling," I could not believe it. This is probably the absolute WORST example of Disney storytelling in the parks that I have ever heard.

And shockingly, everyone on the podcast agreed with him! WHAT????? I think the sleep deprivation caught up to them...or they were still riding high from D23 and not thinking straight.

I took it as a positive that they mentioned that fact during D23 as a sign they are at least thinking of trying to make it fit - so I hold out hope there will be a lot of references and Easter Eggs to the EPCOT of old in the new attraction (references to Horizons and the Dreamfinder and Kitchen Kabaret, etc.)

If that one photo is the extent of it, then yeah, that is mailing it in and not great storytelling

In the past I am indifferent to the dining as the attractions are the most important part of my trips. The characters are great but not important for me personally-though that will change as my little one gets older. I'm also not too picky where I stay. Just put me on the grounds and I'm set!

• Dessert parties
  • Fantasmic
  • Anything related to Star Wars
  • Also most of the princess-related stuff
  • Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
  • All the stores at Disney Springs (there are too many of them, and they are too expensive; I enjoyed shopping in this area more when it had fewer stores)
  • Goofy (sorry, he's a nice character but he just isn't my type)
  • Pre-park-opening breakfasts
  • Pin trading
  • Mickey's Backyard Barbecue
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • Starbucks
  • Ice cream that is the same brand as you can get in the grocery store
  • Flights of Wonder bird show
  • The Disney Dining plans

Disney's Magical Express
Fastpass+ I have used it. But I am willing to ride solo
The silly new gondola system,
Tom Sawyer Island
Conservation Station
Silly trunkets made in china(nothing against china)

Any of the Movies in Epcot World Showcase - Love the pavilions and like visiting them but the movies could all disappear and I don't think I would notice (well apart from the furor there would be on the boards):rotfl:

And I know a few people will disagree, but I am loving the update at World Showcase, FEA and getting the ratatouille ride - think there needs to be more rides in the other areas :duck:

Philharmagic, Country Bears, Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse, Carousel of Progress, Tom Sawyer Island, the entirety of Animal Kingdom, that Figment ride, The Land ride, The Living Seas, The New Test Track, The Canadian Pavilion, anything Star Wars, the movies in the showcases at Epcot, Spaceship Earth, anything with Stitch - that's just off of the top of my head.

Wow - Finding out and remembering how much DOESN'T matter to me.....time to go read the other what DOES thread! :rotfl2:

What doesn't matter to me? Pretty much anything once I'm in WDW. There aren't any attractions or restaurants we "must do". Our only must is to have fun.

I'm of the mindset that you should try everything once, as it's so easy to keep returning to your "go to" favourites of the restaurants and attractions. Keep an open mind and enjoy your vacation. With three teenagers, our trips have changed, but it's still worth going.

Well, honestly "classic" attractions being replaced doesn't matter one iota to me. The GMR is going? Bummer, but I know I'll enjoy what's replacing it. The Speedway? Goodbye gas fumes. Ellen? *shrugs* We enjoy it but it's had it's time. Maybe I've drunk the Kool-Aid, but I trust Disney to put on a good show.

Every time we pass the Swiss Family Robinson tree we quote Pete "It is a que without an attraction".

The outpost in WS.

Dinosaur needs to be refurbished. We rode the Indianan Jones attraction in DL which has a similar track and cars but that has held the test of time and is still a headliner with long lines. Both Dinosaur and Mission Space never won over an audience because the narrative and themeing didn't work.

I don't care about character meals, princesses, Minnie or Mickey Mouse, or park holiday parties.

when i tell people i love disney and they have been, they often bring up these exact items... to which i reply "ya, really not into any of that".

i went to disney and came home without purchasing a single item with mickey on it (tshirt from yak and yeti, mug from animal kingdom, epcot christmas ornament).

I don't care about Epcot at all. As a person with a young kid, why would I even go there except to ride Frozen? Total waste of park time if you ask me. I may try it again once all the announced changes are finally in place, but in the meantime, I'll stick to MK and AK.

I also have no interest in being immersed in Star Wars or Marvel.

What bothers me is things not making thematic sense. GMR changing is okay. Universe of energy needed to be changed but Guardians doesn't make sense and their "Peter quill went to Epcot when he was a kid" story doesn't really work.

I'm sure it will be more than just that. If you saw GOTG2, a big part of that plot is Rocket stealing some kind of super powerful batteries. Although right now we have no idea what the story of the ride will be, it would be very easy to make an energy related GOTG story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!