What Does Your Screen Name Mean?

Back in college, I got the nickname "Homie," a name that sticks to this day. Anyway, one day I bought a woven cap, like what Rastas like to wear.

88721.jpg

I bought it for the laughs - I was not at the time, nor have I ever been, a Rastafarian. Anyway, I took to wearing it, and my friends called me "RastaHomie."

Five years later Al Gore invented the internet, and I needed a username for the sites I used, and it's just kind of stuck with me ever since.

Gateway
Unlimited
Mud
Bog
Organization

The name of my (now defunct) professional mud race sanctioning body & website.

Can you explain what the words below your screen name mean? Thanks.

"Note to the ladies who forgot to". It looks like you ran out of room before completing your statement.

Or shouldn't I ask???

My username is not all that exciting.

My real name is Wendy, and, since Wendy is also a Disney character, I thought it worked.

And I was 31 when I joined.

Wendy + 31 = Wendy31

Can you explain what the words below your screen name mean? Thanks.

"Note to the ladies who forgot to". It looks like you ran out of room before completing your statement.

Or shouldn't I ask???

The tag fairy put that there and when the server was upgraded, part of it fell off.

IIRC, it was in reference to a thread about women who go commando with skirts. The thread was con; I was taking the pro stance.

Back in the late 90's DH and I used to play an online MMORPG called Everquest. My main character's name was Aladora so I started using it for online forums. I stopped playing it in early 2005 but the forum name stuck.

My avatar is my favourite family photo of DH, me, DS and my SIL.

We're just big Winnie-the-Pooh fans...the classic A.A. Milne stories, the Disney animated features, the ride...I joined after our first couple of trips in which my son "made" us endlessly ride The Many Adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh. I too dreamed of Heffalumps and Woozles after those trips. The Floating Bear is the "boat" Pooh makes out of a honey jar in the story "in which Piglet is entirely surrounded by water". My son is 13 now but still loves the stories, so it makes me happy. pooh:

ETA: This is a fun thread to read!

Last edited:
According to various websites, my real name means a safe harbor where ships docked to deliver limestone or marble. I'm a fan of Tolkien, so I created my username by cobbling together a couple of words from his fictional elvish language: "cir" which is related to ships and "londe" which is a haven. So Cirlonde (sort of) means a haven for ships. o_O Nerdy, huh? But it's convenient because no one else ever uses it so I don't have to worry about my username already being taken whenever I register for a site!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter