Mission Space Green
Good shopping that is made from the countries where its supposed to be from
Character Breakfasts
Comfort
Pool
Quality
Good fine dining

Clean, comfortable, quiet room.
Easily accessible transportation. (Not necessarily on an ECV, since I rent one @ the parks, but not MILES from my room to the bus stop, or being able to get to boats/monorail, etc. fairly easily. I will also say that the wheelchair/ECV rental areas in the parks seem like a LOOOOONG walk from the buses some days!!!)
Good, friendly CM interaction.
Fellow guests with good manners. Or at lest as low crowds as I can possibly get these days, to be able to navigate the rude ones better.
ECV's being available when and where I need them, and not going like total snails.
Good, freshly prepared food, at a price I feel is reasonable for what's offered.
Warmish is okay - but NOT hot, and low humidity.
LOVE the Food & Wine Festival.
Good serendipity experiences.
Getting "the feels" and reliving great times and memories doing something sweetly nostalgic to me.
Having that "everything is going to be okay", and "I'm on VACATION!" feeling.
Being able to suspend my stress and belief in the "outside" world and having fantastical things take me away to a better mental space.

Those are general things that would/have made my visits magical. There would be WAY too many to list shows/attractions, but I'm sure I'll enjoy reading other's responses.

Last edited:

To me
Service
cleanliness
ethics
broad range of attractions which I think are going
Kilmanjaro Safaris
Mission Space Green
Good shopping that is made from the countries where its supposed to be from
Character Breakfasts
Comfort
Pool
Quality
Good fine dining
No doubt....it just seems odd to see merchandise that is from a country but made in another....I.e. Germany Pavilion selling Hugo Boss attire made in China.

Completely non-sarcastically...Trader Sam's. I love (and live) the Tiki life! My house is slightly Adventureland themed, and I'm working on building a home tiki bar. :)

Attention to detail and place-making when it comes to theming (for example, although I've heard nothing but good things about Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout at DCA, I have to admit that the fact that it doesn't fit with the theming of the rest of the area irks me.

Getting to "Yes."
When fastpasses aren't available: Finding a ride or alternative that's fun.
When my favorite drink/ dish isn't available: Trying something new that's interesting.
When my room has a check-in mix-up: Getting a room that meets reasonable expectations.
When a ride goes down or a character meet suddenly isn't there: Make a spontaneous plan, which is hard for me, but also an "opportunity" for growth.
When our budget doesn't allow for a visit: Wandering around the DIS boards and engaging with the DIS community.

For me "getting to yes" isn't always about "getting to what I want." For me, it's about getting to a place where I'm content with an alternative. With all of the incredible options for dining, entertainment, rides and so on there are an amazing amount of alternatives to try. Add the dedication to customer service and there is a wonderful recipe to "get to yes" while being reasonable. I know "reasonableness" is subjective to each person, and I know some fans can have (overly?) high expectations or perhaps entitlement. For me, what matters most is that I know when I'm on vacation- it may not go "perfectly" but we'll find a way to enjoy ourselves knowing we have multitudes of options and every so often a helping hand if we really need it.

Good CM service! Perhaps I've been unlucky the past two trips, but the service hasn't been so great all-around. Also ditto to what everyone else said...

Memorable moments: They are never planned, they just happen when you least expect them. It's why I never overplan because then you miss opportunities for unplanned moments.
Balanced Touring: WDW hurts if done commando style. A little resort time, a little DS, a little park time, sprinkle in a little HDDR and voila! The perfect Disney vacation.
Manageable Crowds: Went during Spring Break once. Never again. You can still have fun, but you can have way more fun walking on ride after ride during a slower season.
Nice Weather: Never been to Florida from June-August...never want to...ever.
Managing Expectations: No matter what, things will go wrong. People get tired and cranky. The plan doesn't pan out. You miss your FP or an ADR. You're still in WDW, so things can't be THAT bad right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!