What does "by the end of the year" mean reg. multi-day tiered pricing?

Kaitlyn L

Earning My Ears
I have been planning a trip for Aug 6-10 for two years. We have our dining reservations and everything. However, we are staying off property, and therefore I thought it was acceptable to wait to buy the actual theme park tickets since we cannot do anything with fastpass plus till about a month out. Regarding the confirmed switch to a tiered system with the multi-day tickets, would it be wise of me to go ahead and buy the tickets now so I do not have to pay for the possibly elevated price? The week we are going is all "average" days according to the current single day ticket tier calendar, so I think it would be average in the multi-day system as well. However, I'm afraid their new "average" price may be higher than their current flat price.

My guess is current pricing will be used for their value season. Regular and Peak season will see an increase. So yes, I would buy now.

I am curious when we'll
see the official announcement/pricing.

My guess is current pricing will be used for their value season. Regular and Peak season will see an increase. So yes, I would buy now.

I am curious when we'll

This would be my guess, as well. They already do it for resorts and have their calendar readily available, so probably just going to start jacking up ticket prices on the same days.

Where is the calendar everyone is looking to see tiering? We normally go in October, but next trip we are going in early May and I'm wondering what our tentative dates would be tiered as.

Where is the calendar everyone is looking to see tiering? We normally go in October, but next trip we are going in early May and I'm wondering what our tentative dates would be tiered as.

Early May may be complicated because weekdays are regular and weekends are peak. I don’t know how that’s going to shake out in the Tiered pricing. I would consider buying before the increase comes out but you have to be careful about expiration dates.

What is a tiered multi-day ticket? Is this something only available to FL residents?

Early May may be complicated because weekdays are regular and weekends are peak. I don’t know how that’s going to shake out in the Tiered pricing. I would consider buying before the increase comes out but you have to be careful about expiration dates.

Thanks - I was really just curious. We aren't going back until 2020, so who knows what everything will look like then! I'm sure at that point they will have all kinds of "special" offers for buying front of line passes etc. due to all the new offerings. I'm also assuming if I have any peak days during my visit, most likely the cost of whole stay would move to peak. Too complicated otherwise...

Excited, but not excited...

Thanks - I was really just curious. We aren't going back until 2020, so who knows what everything will look like then! I'm sure at that point they will have all kinds of "special" offers for buying front of line passes etc. due to all the new offerings. I'm also assuming if I have any peak days during my visit, most likely the cost of whole stay would move to peak. Too complicated otherwise...

Ahhh, ok. By 2020 I’d expect that you’ll have to log in at 7 am sharp 180 days before check in to pick your date (value, reg, or peak), your time (am shift or pm shift), your resort, ADRs, FPs, preferred resort parking space, preferred tables at your restaurants, section in Soarin, and preferred time of day when you will shaken upside down to have all your spare change collected. :duck:

We are doing DCL next January and then WDW again in late 2020 or more likely 2021. I can't even begin to imagine how much WDW will cost then. I almost think it will be 50% more than our cruise for the same 7 day length. Hope I get a raise or 3, or win the powerball...

I wonder how the pricing will be determined if your stay bridges 2 seasons. Our December trip from the 17th - 27th has regular and peak seasons.

I wonder how the pricing will be determined if your stay bridges 2 seasons. Our December trip from the 17th - 27th has regular and peak seasons.
I would expect peak for it all. They wouldn't want people "gaming" it buy starting or ending 1 day into a lower tier.

I'm guessing it will be announced next month.

If not, I'm sure Disney will introduce a brand new, incredible increase! Like $7.50 per person for the customization of your magic bands, or $25 per meal for the privilege of dining on property.

I'm a bit hung up on the constant nickel and diming, if you can't tell.

I am curious when we'll

This is what happened when they announced the single day price tiers when peak ticket prices went up 18%. I am fully expecting/budgeting for that 18% increase for the same peak time frame as the single tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts