What do you wish Disney IT would fix or enable?

I wish (and I spent 20 years in IT and have a husband who does web services for a living) that Disney would do two things:

1) Speed the darn things up. There isn't any reason why mydisneyexperience takes as long to load as it does. That's just bad architecture.
2) Invest some time in User Interface Design. For a company that was awesome at experience from the day Disneyland opened, their UI people are idiots. Their applications are often far too complicated. But their processes are often too complicated as well - especially with the push to self service.

Love this. Crisi? My dear wife and I spent 30 years in IT Research for a Fortune 500.... We STARTED Web Services for Dow Chemical, before they knew what Web Services were.

On the side? We also introduced the concept of Security Firewalls. And Web/Database Integration. All published at an ORACLE conference - about 1994.

Now - we never had great success until we partnered with MARKETING. OUR companies MARKETING got this stuff in a heartbeat. THEY SMELLED MONEY. WISE people.

Disney's Problem: To this DAY, they do not smell money with Web Services. They consider these to be an annoyance. Disney is not serious. Hence? "CALL CALL CALL CALL" - totally 1975 thinking.

One day, Disney will hire a competent executive IT Director, that can make MONEY for Disney. To date? That title has been filled by hacks. It's very close to "Person that brings doughnuts to meetings". Disney is not yet serious :(.

Side note, regarding "speed things up" - that's not Disney's Web. That's Disney's 1968 back end database. One can point a web site that looks VERY cute at a garbage pile back end mainframe database.... guess what happens? :).

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

I'd love it if I could search for any villa type on property at one time when booking. So I can search 2-bedroom at WDW and it would just show me all the resorts at once. Without having to go back and forth to the original booking search page. Like the RAT already does, it should do that in the booking tool as well.

Given the many members who have multiple memberships and contracts, I can't help but think adding the ability to modify a reservation is more complicated than we might think. Have to wonder if the cost would exceed the benefit. . . . .

That is a good point CarolMN. I can see someone using points from 3 different resorts for the current reservation but they can't remember which points they need to make sure are left in the reservation because they will be expiring or were borrowed for that reservation. I would hope that the cancellation or modification system is like the booking system where it lets you look at each contract. I expect MS would have to make lots of corrections to readjust points.

In the RAT, I would like to see HHI, VB, VGC and Aulani in their own "section" for resort selections, so I don't have to un-select them every time I want to do a search for all of the WDW resorts. It's not a huge issue, just an annoyance.

That you don't have to go to the front desk to make sure your magic band hits the right CC when multiple parties are in one room. Why can't it just charge the credit card linked to that band, not the one on the master account.

That you don't have to go to the front desk to make sure your magic band hits the right CC when multiple parties are in one room. Why can't it just charge the credit card linked to that band, not the one on the master account.

I second this. We have guests many trips and we can seem to separate CC charges appropriately. It all goes to one card.

How about if they make it so when I bring up my reservations and tickets that half of my reservations are not missing then the next time all my tickets have disappeared and the next time half my family is missing (never the ones I wish). How about when I make a fast pass reservation, could they make it so the circle thing doesn't spin and spin and spin then finally time out and give an error. Do you think it would be possible that they could make it so that the app that I have not used for 3 months is not the top battery draining app on my phone. Maybe they could put in a feature that has the website not crash when I get to the end of making my reservation taking my points and not giving me a room so that I have to call and have them fix it, returning the points but still no room as somebody else has already reserved it.

Maybe after they added (fixed) all of the above features, it would be nice to have a digital version of my membership card with my name and photo on it so I would not have to carry my membership card and drivers license with me everywhere I went. Notice that I said something reasonable, not the dreaded they could just automatically give me my DVC or AP discount when I scan my magicband. You know that is never ever going to happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter