What do you wish Disney IT would fix or enable?

DVCismyhappyplace

Mouseketeer
As I was making our fast pass ressies this morning for our upcoming trip, it got me thinking...Wouldn't it be awesome if the my disney experience app would download into my outlook calendar?

What do you wish either the DVC or my disney experience app/website would do that it doesn't?

It would be nice if they added Apple Watch support to the app to provide info for upcoming FP's and dining reservations.

Outsource. Go to Amazon Web Services, so that everything actually works.

Disney's IT pretty much already is outsourced (and has been in one form or another since about 2008) - which is mostly the problem. Their outsourcing "partner" is the cheapest one they could find, uses a lot of semi-skilled labor and has no vested interest in pleasing Disney's customers or doing things right. My sources tell me that the contracts in place only deal with specific tasks (i.e. updating the web site), the frequency of those tasks and the amount that will be paid. Quality, ease of use, or customer satisfaction aren't part of the equation.

Steve

I'd wish to be able to modify a reservation online. If one could do that I'd likely never have to speak to MS again. :)

Agreed. And actually I don't understand why Disney doesn't rank this higher in their backlog, it would be much appreciated by members and they'd be able to save a ton on labor cost.
But also being able to reallocate points. I often book my home resort with banked points, then at 7 months when I try to switch to a different resort I book with current UY points before cancelling the older reservation. So I have to write to ask to reallocate points, I'd like to be able to do this myself.

I agree the ability to modify online would be fantastic! DH actually has to put in for his vacation time in October for the following year so we know our days way ahead of time. I book as soon as we are able, but often times I tweak one day either way depending on airfare costs. I'd love to be able to do that without making a phone call.

I believe that we pay a fee to the management company which covers MS and the website. Any money not spent to manage, goes into their pocket.

:earsboy: Bill

Given the many members who have multiple memberships and contracts, I can't help but think adding the ability to modify a reservation is more complicated than we might think. Have to wonder if the cost would exceed the benefit.

While the ability to modify would be great, I'd rather they first fix the reliability and log-in issues. After that, I'd like a way to "hold" an existing reservation while I book its replacement.

[/QUOTE]

I'd be doubtful that the management fee paid covers the website
Given the many members who have multiple memberships and contracts, I can't help but think adding the ability to modify a reservation is more complicated than we might think. Have to wonder if the cost would exceed the benefit.

While the ability to modify would be great, I'd rather they first fix the reliability and log-in issues. After that, I'd like a way to "hold" an existing reservation while I book its replacement.

It really shouldn't be any more complex than booking the original reservations. And the complexity of multiple contracts was long used as an excuse for DVC not having online reservations. It would still be an option to call in for any owner who wasn't comfortable.

I wish (and I spent 20 years in IT and have a husband who does web services for a living) that Disney would do two things:

1) Speed the darn things up. There isn't any reason why mydisneyexperience takes as long to load as it does. That's just bad architecture.
2) Invest some time in User Interface Design. For a company that was awesome at experience from the day Disneyland opened, their UI people are idiots. Their applications are often far too complicated. But their processes are often too complicated as well - especially with the push to self service.

DCL is sort of Disney, so I'll say that I wish the DCL website would allow you to change or cancel cruises, to note a gluten allergy, and to prepay gratuities.

I'd love to see the number of rooms available for booking in real-time. And the dining reservations ... just an awful UI.

I wish, for us night owls, they'd fix the app bug where it shows the wrong day between midnight eastern and midnight in other time zones. It's actually impossible to be certain which day you're booking for during that window.

How about something as simple as 'Remember me' when signing in. SO annoying having to sign in every few minutes.
With an iPhone, if Touch ID is enabled for unlocking your phone, you also stay logged into MDE (with occasional checking for a valid TouchID fingerprint)

I'd love the ability for electronic MDE discount verification.
Just give users the option for Guest Relations to add a user photo, and then when that person's Magic Band is scanned at a purchase, it pops up the guest's picture and the CM can approve the (largest available) discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter