what do you miss from OKW (DVC)

spiceycat

dvc-blt
I missed reservations over the phone.

it was great!!!

you check in and got your room over the phone. So at check in you just picked up the stuff! wonderful!!!

they did away with because not enough members were requesting it. I still miss it. It was the BEST!!!

I also miss the free tickets...that is not happening again. But we knew that going in the program.

the little extra that OKW use to have - the napkins and covering.

so what do you miss?

MemereMouse said:
I miss being there!

AMEN!

I guess I've not been around enough to miss the "good ole days" at OKW. However, if phone check-in used to be possible, then online check in should be possible in the future!

I miss watching the golfers hit balls in the water and trying to look cool about it. :rotfl2: I also miss being there....

agree - placemats and napkins! salt and pepper shakers..
the wooden blinds- although these plastic ones are very close
the old color scheme - this new one is too blue or something....

and also agree- i miss OKW period!

lillasmom said:
I miss watching the golfers hit balls in the water and trying to look cool about it. :rotfl2: I also miss being there....

When I hit into the water I just laugh about it - nothing else to do especially with gators around! :rotfl:

cheers
jaysue

Since I never had it, I don't suppose I can miss it....but everytime someone talks about "checking in over the phone" I think that's wonderful. Can't imagine why DVC stopped, the process analyst in me loves it.

From a customer standpoint, the transaction happens a lot faster. Better customer experience.

From Disney's standpoint - if they had you check in like you check for a flight now (a web interface 24-48 hours before arrival), they could make it possible for the whole transaction at the desk to take thirty seconds....."Ah, Ms. Crisi...here is your packet with room keys, tickets as requested billed to your credit card, and some information about what is happening in the World right now. Room 2023. Sign here. And Welcome Home." Moreover, the packets could be preassembled by people who get paid less than the CMs at the front desk at some office park off property - and the front desk staff who have to interact with customers could get paid more for providing great customer service and have time to do it.

DVCers in particular shouldn't need a lot of hand holding a check in.

(Besides, with a 30 second transaction, you'd be to your room before you'd realize that you were in a smoking, handicapped room looking at the back of the Keister Coaster.)

I miss peach colored towels that were big, thick and thirsty.... Cloth napkins and placemats... the pastel colors in the rugs of the GVs which are now a dark green that doesn't match at all...the MATCHING sofa and love seat. The past couple of trips with the new sofas, the love seat has been the original fabric and the sofa the new one. Looks like a missmatched accident. I too think the colors have changed too. The greens and aquas off now.

crisi said:
Since I never had it, I don't suppose I can miss it....but everytime someone talks about "checking in over the phone" I think that's wonderful. Can't imagine why DVC stopped, the process analyst in me loves it.

From a customer standpoint, the transaction happens a lot faster. Better customer experience.

From Disney's standpoint - if they had you check in like you check for a flight now (a web interface 24-48 hours before arrival), they could make it possible for the whole transaction at the desk to take thirty seconds....."Ah, Ms. Crisi...here is your packet with room keys, tickets as requested billed to your credit card, and some information about what is happening in the World right now. Room 2023. Sign here. And Welcome Home." Moreover, the packets could be preassembled by people who get paid less than the CMs at the front desk at some office park off property - and the front desk staff who have to interact with customers could get paid more for providing great customer service and have time to do it.

DVCers in particular shouldn't need a lot of hand holding a check in.

(Besides, with a 30 second transaction, you'd be to your room before you'd realize that you were in a smoking, handicapped room looking at the back of the Keister Coaster.)

Trust me, there are next to no people that get paid less than Disney CM's.

RweTHEREyet said:
Trust me, there are next to no people that get paid less than Disney CM's.

you definitely don't live in the South.

yes calling and check in was GREAT!!!

it was especially wonderful once when the computer system was done. I got my room and there were probably about 50 people (yes I know it was that crowded) waiting in the lobby, library and outside for their rooms.

I think this is why DVC cancelled it. too many complaints from why did she get a room and I had to wait!!!!

anyway boy I got a bunch of glares.....

I definitely miss the free park passes. What a great bennie that was!

the member only check in
the pre-check in process
the matching towels to the decor
getting your room when you checked in
the special bus stops for DVC members at the parks
the great treatment from everyone at DVC (OKW)
Olivia's at its best
the free passes for me and my guests
the special treatment you got as a member
never having any problems with the rooms
it being a class place (those days are long gone)

-The Commodore House
-That goofy yellow car/bus parked nearby
-The rocking chairs on the walkway to the commodore house
-The Disney Golf Classic tourney being held at LBV and watching the golfers from the porch.

the list goes on and on..... :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter