What do you do?

Missy1961

Knows who did it and why
I think I'd like to do a solo trip to WDW in the future, so I'm reading posts here to get answers. And then I had a question:
What do you solo travelers do with room key/ID & other valuables while swimming at a water park or the resort pool? I wouldn't want to leave it by a chair where anyone could take it. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I don't travel solo to WDW but my partner and I do definitely do things together so we don't have the option of leaving our personal belongings on their own. That said, when at Typhoon Lagoon or BB, we rent a locker and put our stuff in there. And so that we don't have to repeatedly visit the locker to get money, we use a water wallet type device. It's a hard plastic case, about the size of a large cigarette pack. It's on a handy thick string that you can wear around your neck. It'll hold keys, room keys, cash, credit cards, etc.... Works like a charm.

Plus, they're a good and inexpensive souvenir you can pick up at the water parks!

As someone who does travel solo, I would definitely rent a locker. Just knowing that my money, room key, tickets, etc, are protected in a locked area makes me feel worry-free and if the occassion rose that I would need the money, I would be more than content to walk to and from the locker. I also have gotten a really thin money belt that is waterproof, that fits very minimal amounts of money and a room key, but I really wouldn't trust it in a water park with slides, it's more for going to the beach.
Jo

Thanks for all the great advice---I'll check out the sealed cases. And the lockers make a lot of sense too.

I use the sealed cases as well and I also rent a locker and lock everything up. I put my room key and money in the sealed case around my neck and the locker key also fits in the one I have (buy a large one or at least a round one to fit that key in there). I then rent a locker to hold my clothes, backpack to hold sunscreen, etc... and shoes. The only thing I leave out is the beach towel I bring with me and leave on the chair and a magazine. I figure if they really want the towel or magazine they can have it. I had a great time last Nov. solo at Typhoon Lagoon. I went to AK in the a.m. and left around lunchtime and had lunch at TL then went swimming. I now know what to do for my upcoming trip, one full day at the waterpark, I had a lot of relaxing fun in the water and going down all those slides. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter