What do you do with your stuff?

xoxosmom

Earning My Ears
Tickets especially. But also everything you carry into the parks. What works best for you?

We just kept the tickets in our wallets, but I saw many people had them in plastic pouches on lanyards.

As for your stuff, get a locker. They are on Main Street, on the right about a gthird of the way down just behind the fruit cart.

Costs, if memory serves, about $5 for a small locker (which is about right for coats etc) and more for bigger ones that can take backpacks.

It worked perfectly for us - we put our jackets in the locker as soon as we arrived, then retrieved them when the sun went down.

We have a backpack for the bottles of water and kid snacks. Since I have two kids in umbrella strollers we take our jackets or hoodies and put the sleeves over the handles of the stollers. I have a fanny pack for the tickets, money, driver's license, etc. that I keep on me. We put the backpack in the stroller when we go on rides.

We just stick our tickets and money in our pockets. We don't carry in a whole bunch of luggage to the parks. We don't need much.

My DH uses his wallet for his ticket and carries nothing else. I have a backpack purse that I use for Disney trips. It is large enough to carry a camera plus a bottle of water & snacks. Currently we have a stroller for DD, that we keep extra bottles of water & jackets in the basket. Not sure what we are going to do once she gets out of the stroller.

I bought a backpack to use as a diaper bag for our trip; we'll probably also use it to store anything we don't want to leave in the stroller.

waaaay too much info coming, but I'm bored ;)

the following gets thrown into the bottom of the (double) stroller:
- a few diapers and some wipes in a big ziploc
- 2 bottles of frozen and 2 bottles of unfrozen water
- 2 types of chips/crackers/snacks in ziplocs
- kids' sweatshirts, dh's jacket (I prefer to wear mine around my waist when not in use)
- any Mickey cookie leftovers and the like which get bought at the park
- video camera and/or digital camera (*always* get taken on rides though, never left in stroller)

top of the stroller (canopy) gets:
- two afghans (for when the kids get cold, to use as a sun shade if one zonks out, for comfort if they're feeling tired)
- sweatshirts/jackets which don't fit in the bottom
- park map/daily show list

Park tickets get thrown into my back pocket for easy FP access. Little backpack houses digital camera when we go on rides, hotel card, my dh's pills, Tylenol. Cash is usually carried in my front pocket or sometimes in a not-accessible-unless-taken-off-my-back area of the little backpack.

WOW. It sounds like alot when I write it all out. But actually, we're very pared down in comparison to other stroller/kiddo people. I don't bring all on that list all the time. Honestly I can't wait for the day when we can say buh-bye to the stroller.

I put use a lanyard for tickets and fastpass. I always have my carmera bag with in the park, so I use that as a small purse for other stuff. Its pretty small, and doesn't much room with the camera in it, but there is room for my money, ID, room key etc.

I like to travel very light in the park. i wear a lanyard with a plastic holder for my ticket,FP, room key, and a little cash. Kleenex and maybe some advil in my pocket.

I know it's not that much of a fashion statement, but having a fanny pack is wonderful for us. DH and I both carried one and we were able to keep our money, credit cards, park tickets, minor first aid supplies, camera, batteries, etc. in it and still had our hands free. Well worth it!

I always bring a backpack and keep everything in there. I am a big water drinker, so I always have bottles on the outside holder areas. It is very easy to wear it on my back and hold them on all rides. I have no problems with it on Tower of Terror or any other high thrill rides.

Same as many here, I have a special small, thin backpack with a built-in wallet (with Mickey on it to boot!) that works great. I put my leg through it on the roller coasters so it doesn't fly out of the seat.

Why is it that fanny packs are such a fashion faux pas these days anyway? I just saw some really nice ones yesterday, and was tempted, but knew my DD would be mortified. :rotfl:

I buy mens cargo shorts as they have the big pockets on the legs (why do they not make ladies shorts with big pockets???) and I put money and tickets in my wallet, which goes in an inside pockets and then the outside leg pockets are used for camera and film (not so much film now as I have a digital) and a plastic bag to put things in on a water ride.
If we need headache tablets or a band aid we visit the first aid centre and if we need water or food, we buy some.
I don't like walking round like a packhorse!!!...lol.
Love Ella

familyoffiveAZ said:
waaaay too much info coming, but I'm bored ;)

WOW. It sounds like alot when I write it all out. But actually, we're very pared down in comparison to other stroller/kiddo people. I don't bring all on that list all the time. Honestly I can't wait for the day when we can say buh-bye to the stroller.

Unbelieveably, I miss the days of using a stroller :) Especially Christmas shopping and going to Disneyland! There is so much room to put your stuff. Admitedly they can be a pain, but overall they are very convenient. Since I have very tall children, my kindergartener no longer fits in one. Having a stroller would have been very useful when he fell asleep during fireworks on Main Street last year. Carrying a 55 pound sleeping child is no fun.

We now use my trusted backpack. The kids each have their own fanny packs for sunglasses, lipbalm and their Disney Dollars. If we think we're going for a marathon I'll throw our sweatshirts in a locker. But usually we go back to the hotel for a swim, nap and change of clothes before nightfall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter