• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you do with the 6X8 photos from shutters?

angelam

Mouseketeer
I spent a small fortune on the 6X8 photos from Shutters during our May cruise. I did buy 2 6X8 Disney Cruise Line Frames, but I don't know what to do with the rest. I know I could put them in a scrapbook, but I would like to have access to them, so that I could alternate the photos in the frames. Just curious as to what the rest of you do with your 6X8 photos.

Thanks!

-Angie

I believe Ritz camera has frames that those photos will fit in. I think I saw them at the mall near me.. Good Luck!

I asked a similar question a few months ago...I was also told Ritz Camera had the frames and they do! I bought 2 more...

Some people suggested cutting the pictures down to 5x7 and others put them all in a very large frame together. Others said to put them in magnetic photo albums.

Good luck!

I just cut them down to 5X7 size. If you think about it, you're only trimming an inch off each way, so 1/2 inch off all four sides really won't hurt the picture that much.

I found a very inexpensive photo album that only holds about 20 6x8 photos. It was perfect for my cruise. I keep it next to the album that I bought with the DCL logo that has all my 4 x 6 pictures I took.

I thought the pictures from shutters were great, but not great enough for me to frame them all. I like the idea of keeping them in a photo album for the kids to look at all the time.

It was hard to find the 6x8 album, but I bought 2 at the time. I'm saving one for my next cruise!

I did a scrapbook of the cruise and the DCL Shutters phiotos are the highlight. I put them one to a page. Their white borders look great on colored paper.

Have fun remembering!

I'm scrapping mine... wanna see?!!

159722.jpg

160791.jpg

Those are the only pages from the cruise I have done so far.

I bought 8X10 frames and brought the photos to a frame shop. I asked them to make mats w/the opening the size of the picture.

Todisney: Your scrapbk pages are awesome!

Woobie

Thanks CRSNDSNY and Woobie... In the back of the Tropicali one I made a pocket page for the personal navigator. (I noted it in the journaling... didn't do it for the Castaway Cay one, but I have more pictures I could do it later, I guess.)

Originally posted by ReadyForDisney2003
I found a very inexpensive photo album that only holds about 20 6x8 photos. It was perfect for my cruise. I keep it next to the album that I bought with the DCL logo that has all my 4 x 6 pictures I took.

I thought the pictures from shutters were great, but not great enough for me to frame them all. I like the idea of keeping them in a photo album for the kids to look at all the time.

It was hard to find the 6x8 album, but I bought 2 at the time. I'm saving one for my next cruise!

Where did you ever find these photo albums?????? Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for all of your suggestions! I love the scrapbook pages! They turned out great!

Readyfordisney2003, where did you find the 6X8 photo album? That is what I think I want to do, so the kids can look through it when they want. I agree that all of the pictures are not ones I necessarily want to frame. I bought so many, because.....well, I am a mom and what mom can resist pictures of her kids?!??!?

Thanks everybody!

Angie

I live in the Atlant area and there are Wolf Camera stores here. Wolf Camera has recently been bought by Ritz Camera.

Anyway, the 6x8 albums I have are made by Burnes. (they have a terrible website). I looked all over the web and couldn't find anything like what I have. They were inexpensive ($6 / each)

I would call your local speciality store and see if there are any there.

Good luck. I looked for ages before I found these.

I made copies of the one's I definitely wanted to Hang and Frame and the rest I cropped and added to my scrapbook.

I just made an album for my mom's pictures. I bought a Mrs. Grossman's 8x8 album and made the facing page the description/decoration. The photos fit nice and I did not have to attach them to the page so she can change her hanging pictures if she wanted to.

I bought the album for our pictures but so far no scrapbook.....My stuff is always last!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter