What do you change with more trips?

Split up, not everything has to be done together.
Go for longer, passes are cheaper per day over time and you don't have to rush/hurry through everything.
Stop doing table service meals, we choose one if that. We hate wasting the time and money.
Leave DH at home and take the kids by myself, it's easier than dragging him along :rotfl2:

We learned over time that we aren't rope droppers. We usually get up, have a leisurely breakfast at the resort, then into the parks by 10:30-11:30ish. We feel so relaxed doing Disney this way vs. our commando rope-drop days of the past. Unfortunately, with Genie+ I now have to get up at 7:00, but I let the rest of the group sleep. We have had great success with closing the parks and short waits during that time, such as 10 minute waits for ROTR and FOP at closing time.

We have also learned we only enjoy winter in Florida, so we now only visit in December, January, or early February.
This is pretty much exactly what we did. And we do something non-Disney at least one day, whether it's Universal or some other attraction.

- No rope drop - ever
- We invested in good water bottles (we like Yeti) keeps water cold all day
- Make general plans (now with park reservations, we MUST plan what park/day)
-Always get park hoppers
- Bigger room = family happiness. We finally did a GV and we'll never go back. Everyone has their own space.
- Don't try to travel in a pack. We meet up once a day for one meal. Then we all go our own way.
- A waterpark or pool day is necessary for sanity.
- never stress if we miss something... there's always another trip!

1) First day is always a relaxing breakfast and slow start - typically only goal is fireworks at night.
2) Real, hot breakfast is not to be skipped.
3) Drinking water is actually important. Who knew?
4) Hats and sunscreen in the morning Before somebody gets burnt.
5) Genie+ and ILL$ are a small expense in the overall scheme of the budget.
6) Try something new and less popular each time - for example we did Hall of Presidents this trip - better than 7 Dwarfs lol and Free!
7) Walk slowly and watch the people. People watching at Disney is half the fun.
8) Wear a disney-theme tshirt - be part of the entertainment while everyone is walking those long lines (plus they look cuter in photos.

We learned over time that we aren't rope droppers. We usually get up, have a leisurely breakfast at the resort, then into the parks by 10:30-11:30ish. We feel so relaxed doing Disney this way vs. our commando rope-drop days of the past. Unfortunately, with Genie+ I now have to get up at 7:00, but I let the rest of the group sleep. We have had great success with closing the parks and short waits during that time, such as 10 minute waits for ROTR and FOP at closing time.

We have also learned we only enjoy winter in Florida, so we now only visit in December, January, or early February.
That's our favorite way to do Disney. Do you have rest days built into your schedule?

That's our favorite way to do Disney. Do you have rest days built into your schedule?

No, we don't find that we need it because we take it easy every day. We get bored when we don't go into the parks. That being said, we usually stay Value so there isn't a lot to do there at the resort. (Also, we don't go during the hot months anymore, but when we used to, we definitely took breaks. The hot weather wears a person out quickly!)

We now have very short lists of "Must Do" things in each park - 2-3 rides and the rest is gravy.

We always stayed off-site to be more budget conscious but now only stay onsite and immerse ourselves in the bubble as much as possible....not having to get in a car for a few days is such a glorious luxury.

Always did rope drop when the kids were younger, but now at this tween/teen age know that's pushing it and maybe only do it once per trip and NEVER after a late night/fireworks at a park.

Pools at the resorts = heavenly. Who knew? We never spent much time back at the resorts and were always at the park, but staying onsite and taking pool breaks is so relaxing and rejuvenating for us all.

Family of 6, we've learned to split up. I'm an early riser - from rope drop to close down the parks person, husband is a sleep in and lazily lounge around until the afternoon person. I ask the kids who wants to go with me early the next day, usually 2 go with me, 2 sleep in with husband and we meet up later. Everyone is much happier doing what is needed for themselves to have an enjoyable trip. As opposed to EVERYONE GET UP EARLY AND SUFFER BECAUSE MOM NEEDS EARLY MORNING DOPAMINE AND SHES CAPTAIN OF THIS SHIP 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter