what do I need to activate DVC annual passes?

rwatson626

Mouseketeer
We purchased AP's with the DVC discount. I see a notification in MyDisneyExperence that says

"You've successfully added an Annual Pass to your account! Remember to bring your Annual Pass with you when you visit for Passholder benefits. Visit My Reservations to view admission entitlements. If you need help, visit the Ticket section of the Help Center."

and also

"DVC Member Platinum Plus Pass - New Certificate"

My question is besides my DVC membership card and photo ID what else do I need to bring to active my AP? Do I need to print out the AP certificate and if so where do I find it.

Also, Do I process them at guest relations at the parks or Disney Springs?

Thanks
Ron

I just did this in April - I had but didn't need to show any confirmation page. I just needed my DVC card and drivers license. It certainly can't hurt to bring some sort of printed confirmation as it may help if they run into an issue locating it on your account. I was able to activate mine at the IG ticket counter.

We plan to slide over to the MK ticket counter from the Poly when we get there in a few weeks to activate ours.

As long as you can see the pass in your MDE account you only need the Member Blue card and Photo ID.
Avoid GS at MK unless you have 30 minutes to spare, that is a very slow location. Your 1 year starts the day you activate it.

As long as you can see the pass in your MDE account you only need the Member Blue card and Photo ID.
Avoid GS at MK unless you have 30 minutes to spare, that is a very slow location. Your 1 year starts the day you activate it.

Would AK be faster? That is actually our first park.

Would AK be faster? That is actually our first park.
You can activate at any Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location.

As for the MK (actual MK entrance), there is only a small number of Guest Relations windows. The TTC on the other hand has a lot of ticket windows and a few GR windows.

It might be, remember you can use any ticket counter to get the AP validated, but I think you need GS for the discount card, not sure if the ticket counter can give you the cards or not.

It might be, remember you can use any ticket counter to get the AP validated, but I think you need GS for the discount card, not sure if the ticket counter can give you the cards or not.
Ticket Windows can issue passholder cards. If you want to purchase a TiW card, that can only be done at a Guest Relations Location.

You can activate at any Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location.

As for the MK (actual MK entrance), there is only a small number of Guest Relations windows. The TTC on the other hand has a lot of ticket windows and a few GR windows.

We might just walk over to the TTC from the Poly. I hadn't thought of that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter