What Disney Food Would You Buy, Even on a Budget?

It was Chef Mickey's when the kids were younger but BOG has replaced that for the time being.
We've never missed a lunch at Sci Fi.
TRex is ALWAYS our lunch stop before leaving for the airport.

Epcot day is always snack around the world. Since we're going during christmas this year, we're afraid the crowds will make standing in a quick/counter service line too cumbersome at eat country. I've made an ADR for Rose & Crown because we MUST have those Fish and Chips!

We love Boma also - best breakfast on property. We also love Kona breakfast. Trail's End buffet is a great price for breakfast - perfect for a budget. We have never done dinner but I bet it is reasonable also. We also won't miss Ohana.
Ohana and Kona are great places for breakfast. Something about the early morning and some nice tropical juice with a meal that seems to suit the Poly. Ohana's not in the budget, but maybe Kona!

Not exactly food but, beer :drinking1
I hope you bring a few extra gift cards if you want to have many of those on property!

2 weeks at the FORT! Color me jealous! :guilty:

I assume your going to eat at Trails End a few times!?
This is both mine and DW's first time as adults NOT staying at a value; we want to take advantage of the amenities! We're both super excited for the Fort!

A dinner at Boma- pricey but it's our favorite! everything else we kind of look for 'disney bargains' lol which are still pricier than regular world bargains on food. I consider sharing a disney snack pretty 'disneyfrugal':rotfl: so I'm only counting big ticket meals lunch at BOG is a better $ choice than dinner....and the one time in recent years we did a character meal,it was a midmorning brunch type time that took the place of two meals....
If I could pick any TS meal on property, it would probably be Boma for dinner (haven't done breakfast there yet). Awesome food, and it's also an excuse to walk around AKL. Plus, I think I can eat my weight in zebra domes. :rotfl2:We might not get to Boma this trip, but zebra domes at the Mara? Hmm....

Via Napoli. I'm in NJ and have access to great pizza but we love VN pizza!
Agreed. There's a good pizza place on every corner here, but the Via Napoli pizza had an amazing taste to it... very fresh and light. The mezzo metro isn't a bad deal, either.

Ohana and Kona are great places for breakfast. Something about the early morning and some nice tropical juice with a meal that seems to suit the Poly. Ohana's not in the budget, but maybe Kona!

Have you ever eaten at Trail's End for all you can eat? The prices are great.

My answers would depend on who I'm traveling with and where we are staying so my answers are based on your stay at the Fort.

Trails End- breakfast at least, probably dinner too
Mickey waffles at a counter service- Roaring Forks was always my favorite with the toppings they offered but I don't know what the construction has done to RF
Popcorn at the park
Ohana bread pudding at the lounge at the Poly (Ohana dinner is my favorite meal but I wouldn't spend the $$ on my family, no one else likes it)
One character breakfast- we like Crystal Palace, Tusker houser and Ohana so maybe one of those
Lunch at Via Napoli
Lunch at Trex for my dino crazy son
A choc/vanilla swirl soft serve ice cream cone (this is my most for any amusement park we go to)

I would splurge and get a Mickey Bar (a treat I look forward to once on every trip). The Dove ice cream and chocolate in Mickey form just somehow tastes so great. Biting off an ear is heaven. This is my one splurge on every trip. // If on a budget I try to eat offsite and even bring in my own food to the parks other than that.

Last edited:
Dole Whip
LOL. I had never of Dole Whip until I saw the posts on these boards. Mind you, for decades my routine has included a glass of fresh Dole Pineapple juice when I am at Disneyland. Made my first trip to Disney World 4 weeks ago and laughed as I walked by the stand.
Since many of the FroYo places here carry Dole Whip, I don't consider it a Disney treat. But it certainly is a religious experience for some on these boards.

I have to have one of the giant character apples and a dole whip. I even pack my own snacks to save money so I can get these two favorites!

We're staying at the Fort for two weeks in November. Food costs can obviously add up, so we're trying to eat many meals at our campsite and bring snacks into the park with us. Still, I feel like some things are "must do", even when trying to save money. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- lunch at Be Our Guest (expensive, but you don't get to see inside any other way)
- lunch at T-Rex (4YO is super into dinos)
- Restaurantosaurus (same reason)
- Satu'li Canteen (get the full Pandora experience)
- Night Blossom in Pandora (see above)
- Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar

Surely, we'll end up buying more than that over two weeks, but it's a start. What are your must dos?

Are you a Landry's club member?( T-REX, and Rainforest don't forget about rainforest right outside of AK) It's 25 to join, but you get 25 to spend, and if its your birthday you get another 25, so if there is someone in the party going with a birthday in that month have them sign up so you can use the birthday money, also you don't need reservations to get a table but tell them your a Landry's card holder, Not sure if you have Landry's restaurants where you live but I would check it out the website and start getting the points. Sometime DH and I get a couple of appetizers to share and skip a big meal. Portions are huge here and easily shareable.

For me I would bite the bullet and go for dinner at BOG, the Beast is there at dinner, and picture op. so worth it. We tried lunch and felt we wasted our money, I would double check the menu for lunch and make sure the menu will work out for you.

We love to eat at Rays (MK) while its a QS there are so many memories here, that it is a must do every time, I like the BBQ sandwich here, and DH likes the fixin bar for the burgers.

You could snack around the world showcase (Epcot)and share items this way you can try out different things and not be tied to a full meal.

Tusker house(AK) is a family favorite, with breakfast being our frist choice...

SCI-FI hands down is our only choice in this park (DHS), so fun, and the is food pretty good and the milkshakes are really good. My family really does not like any of the other options here right now. So we tend to go to one of the food courts at one of the resorts, we take the boat over to the boardwalk area, and just pick.

With being there for 2 weeks there are a lot of options you can check out, I would check out the food courts at the resort some of them have some really good items, and create your own type of thing. Like at POR, you can create your own pasta or create your own salad, also we like the Shrimp salad po'boy and Muffaletta sandwich.

+1 For Dole Whip... also when we went last month the Breakfast Food at Satuli Canteen at AK was outstanding and a GREAT Value. The prices are still low as they figure out whats popular. Our personal favorite was the goat cheese frittata with chimichurri steak at Satuli, it was something like $10... they also have comparable lunch and dinner prices, all very fresh and delicious...

Another budget idea is to bring in sandwiches in a soft cooler and then supplement with fun/ exotic treats especially at Epcot and AK if you have adventurous eaters... At HS sweet spells in HS you can get a danish/cookie the size of your face for about $4 my son and I split one and we are big eaters

@LovesTimone I looked at the Landry's loyalty program, and it's frustratingly close to working for us, but it seems like it won't be a help on this trip. I'm probably going to do it because you break even the first time and it doesn't expire, but my birthday is the month after our trip and the only Landry's restaurant near us doesn't participate in the rewards program!>:(

@LovesTimone I looked at the Landry's loyalty program, and it's frustratingly close to working for us, but it seems like it won't be a help on this trip. I'm probably going to do it because you break even the first time and it doesn't expire, but my birthday is the month after our trip and the only Landry's restaurant near us doesn't participate in the rewards program!>:(

I would go ahead and sign up. I am going to say this and it's a possibility it might work out, some friends were visiting and the end of February and her birthday is the first week March and they let them use the birthday reward. I have read other's have had it work like this, with the timing aspect. But just saying it might work, it's not written in stone or anything. It never hurts to ask.

Last edited:
Be our Guest for breakfast is our favorite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter