What Disney Food Would You Buy, Even on a Budget?

Cosmic

Mouseketeer
We're staying at the Fort for two weeks in November. Food costs can obviously add up, so we're trying to eat many meals at our campsite and bring snacks into the park with us. Still, I feel like some things are "must do", even when trying to save money. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- lunch at Be Our Guest (expensive, but you don't get to see inside any other way)
- lunch at T-Rex (4YO is super into dinos)
- Restaurantosaurus (same reason)
- Satu'li Canteen (get the full Pandora experience)
- Night Blossom in Pandora (see above)
- Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar

Surely, we'll end up buying more than that over two weeks, but it's a start. What are your must dos?

We love Boma also - best breakfast on property. We also love Kona breakfast. Trail's End buffet is a great price for breakfast - perfect for a budget. We have never done dinner but I bet it is reasonable also. We also won't miss Ohana.

The dollar is strong against the pound now, and has been since June 2016. So last December, and now this December we were a bit more picky about what/where we ate. Having said that, we can't do without:

Garden Grill breakfast - we love the whole experience
Narcoosee's filet mignon - our Christmas day dinner tradition
Anything from Karamel Kuche - too hard to resist, not matter what the price!

We're on a budget, but we splurge for frozen Cokes at Epcot.

Also, I lived in Germany for three years, and I miss German food. I'll bay a Bratwurst combo at Sommerfest. Its not the greatest, but its better that nothing.

Tea at the GF, it's gotten more and more expensive and they have cut down on what you get but I still have to do it every time I'm there.
Hollywood Brown Derby - we have gotten where we eat at the outside lounge more now but I have to go every trip, love me some Cobb Salad and a white wine flight (you can't get the flight outside).
Drinks at Nomad Lounge - we love the place.

Casey's corn dog Nuggets.. as a kid never was into hot Dogs etc... but now that I moved overseas I miss corndogs for some reason.. and those Nuggets are good.
Before we snagged FDing again.. we decided to not do any buffets while IMO out of pocket very expenisive. over 200 for our Family with 2 "Kids". But we decided even if we dont get FDing. we will still either do Boma dinner, Tusker Dinner or Cape May dinner... those three are worth the splurge.

A dinner at Boma- pricey but it's our favorite! everything else we kind of look for 'disney bargains' lol which are still pricier than regular world bargains on food. I consider sharing a disney snack pretty 'disneyfrugal':rotfl: so I'm only counting big ticket meals lunch at BOG is a better $ choice than dinner....and the one time in recent years we did a character meal,it was a midmorning brunch type time that took the place of two meals....

Dole whip float, strawberry/banana smoothie in Future World, adult beverages in Epcot (frozen margarita, wine flights, frozen grand marnier drink in France, etc, etc) and the margarita sampler at the bar at HBD. Hmm I guess because we always go in August I'm obsessed with cold beverages.

We're staying at the Fort for two weeks in November. Food costs can obviously add up, so we're trying to eat many meals at our campsite and bring snacks into the park with us. Still, I feel like some things are "must do", even when trying to save money. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

- lunch at Be Our Guest (expensive, but you don't get to see inside any other way)
- lunch at T-Rex (4YO is super into dinos)
- Restaurantosaurus (same reason)
- Satu'li Canteen (get the full Pandora experience)
- Night Blossom in Pandora (see above)
- Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bar

Surely, we'll end up buying more than that over two weeks, but it's a start. What are your must dos?
We have lunch at BOG once a year since they opened. This past May we felt that the prices were the same or more but there was a lot less food. An example is the turkey sandwich that I have always ordered had much less turkey than in the past. We were a group of 11, 6 adults and we were all in agreement regarding the decline in food. BTW, we aren't into all you can eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter