What Can We Expect In July

Caldonia

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are about to embark on our 3rd trip to The World together this coming Friday July 12.

Our past 2 trips were in September right after labor day, and although we never really had a gripe about the September crowds, we were disappointed that everything closed down so early.

Hence, this year's July visit.

My questions to all of you who may care to enlighten us:

1) How are the crowds in July? I suspect they're generally bigger, but has anyone been there this year and noticed a change?

2) We are expecting the daily 4:00pm thundershower. The forecast I've seen on the web says thunder every day this coming week, but does that really just mean the afternoon cloudburst - or is it really raining all day long?

3) We did our first e-night last visit and loved it. We plan to take advantage of that little perk again this time, but I just read somewhere that the waits are still very long. Is this true? Is e-night not really worth it in July?

I guess that'll do it for now.

4d:21h and counting........

hi. i went last july and had a blast. it was just me and my DS, who was 5 at the time.
it was hot but then again it is july in florida. you kinda expect hot. we had the daily shower that didnt last long. didnt stop us though. only once did we have a storm and it lasted for about 3 hours.
i didnt do e-nights. my son was too young to stay up that late.

as far as crowds go: beware that july is the month that the teenage groups from south america come. the groups we ran into were from brazil. although they were very polite, there are TONS of them. and the yell chants very loudly. other than that i didnt think the crowds were that unmanagable.

hope i helped. good luck and have fun!!

Ah yes, the groups of people in brightly colored shirts. When we were there in September of 99 there was a Japanese tour group of all adults. They didn't have colored shirts, but I felt somewhat validated that adults without children from other countries like to come to Disney too.

Our family used to go every July, but eventually stopped due to a couple of factors. First, the tour groups. Let's say the Brazilian tour groups are something we can do without! Loud, rude, etc. Then there's the rain. DH can put up with it, but I can't. It rains like clockwork every afternoon. Sometimes it stops, sometimes it doesn't. The crowds are also a factor for us. It is pretty crowded in July.

just got back and the crowds were not thaT BAD, i was very surprised to see empty campsites and the lines werent all that long, i think our longest line was about 35 minutes, of course we used fast pass on the most popular rides, make sure to get to epcot early and go straight to fast pass, we got there at 11am and had to wait to ride at 9pm. if you're planning on going to animal kingdom take along a poncho as a matter of fact just take ponchos everyday...the rain came at 4 and contantly rained all evening.....mgm on saturday were the best, no big lines and mopst of the shows are happening . good luck and have fun....

Hey, that doesn't sound too bad. What happens with fireworks shows when it's raining at night? Are the modified, or cancelled altogether? I'm really looking forward to Illuminations - I just can't get enough of that show.

I was looking ahead at the Orlando forecast, and the heat doesn't seem that much different than it does here in RI.

Hi,
I have never been to WDW at peak attendance times - but we are leaving for WDW on sunday for 5 nights - and when I tell people that we are going to florida they say its hot there in the summer. As we live in MA near the coast I like to remind them that July in MA is not only hot its also very humid - last week it was in the upper 90s and the humidity was in the oppressive range. And I'd rather be in WDW with the heat/rain/humidity on vacation than home in it working.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter