What bug spray is your favorite?

hightown

I feel need for speed--Rockin' Roller Coaster
What bug spray is your favorite?
Where do you buy it?
Is there any spray/cream that works well that also has a sunblock?

I got eaten up last November and not that we're going in Sept I would guess bugs will be worse. Wearing long pants, long sleeved shirt will be out with the probable heat.

Really need your tips! We hardly have bugs in Colorado so have no experience with this.

THanks, SHaron

My favorite is Ben's. Can buy it at Eastern Mountain Sports. It is 100% DEET so use it sparingly, and not for small children. But it is POWERFUL! I used it two years ago while in the jungle in Nicaraugua and never got a bite!

:D

I use this product from Avon; it has moisturizing sun block in it and comes in a few fragrance choices plus 15 or 30 SPF.

I love Deep Woods Off, in the spray can. I've used on camping and canoe trips in the Boundary Waters area in Minnesota, and rarely if ever got bitten. My sister's always preferred Off! Skintastic lotion, but she doesn't attract as many bugs as I do. (I guess I'm just too sweet ;))

We've had great luck with the Avon Sunguard Plus which has sunscreen plus some kind of insect repellent. My guess is that it's less effective than DEET products, so I wouldn't rely on it while fishing or something like that, but for every day daytime use, it worked great. Bonus for kids is that it's deet-free. We buy it online at avon.com.

I have started using Sawyers...at EMS for about 6.50...it contains 20% deet and is a cream so you can apply it to arms and legs and such...

Thanks for your replies....

We don't have EMS out here but can probably find same or similar products at sporting goods store.

I think with the FL bugs we do need something with DEET but would really like a combo with sunscreen too.

Again, thanks for the suggestions!

Sharon

you should be able to get it online I would think...

AND REMEMBER THAT REAPPLICATION IS KEY TO BOTH SUN SCREEN AND BUG SPRAY!
at least that is what I was told when I went looking...

Surprisingly--as I was looking at Earth Shoes at Walmart (another board tip)--another lady looking was talking about how much the same shoes were over at Eastern Mountain! Found out they are in the mall not far from house.

They will be a 'to do' before this trip!

Thanks!!

For those of you who do not choose to use Deet, I recommend Badger anti-bug balm. Badger balm comes in a variety of formulas, and I have used the anti-bug balm with success here in NH against mosquitos and black flies. I have not tried it in FL, yet.

Here is a link. You can request a catalog for free and the artwork in the catalog alone is worth the time and trouble to fill out the form. I have been using other Badger products for at least 7 years, and they are wonderful.

http://www.badgerbalm.com/anti-bug.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter