What attractions are best experienced in the dark (evenings)?

isabellea

Combining beach and Disney!
I'm a WDW vet looking forward to our first Disneyland trip in April (adult-only trip). I know some attractions/rides might be down for refurbishment during our stay but let say everything is open, what outdoor attractions do you prefer experiencing at night? Is there any we should do both during the day and evening?

Pretty much all of them where you transition from light to dark ON the attraction. Matterhorn, Splash, BTMRR, Alice. All dark rides (it takes your eyes up to 15 minutes to adjust to low light levels so you miss out on SOOO many details riding during the day). Anything with a vista where the night lights of surrounding attractions are beautiful. Basically the entire park.

Great question Isabellea! The only one I've definitely experienced is Carsland which is great during the day and night. At dusk it's fun to watch the lights come on.

I would also say that most outdoor attractions are fun to ride at least once in the day and once at night. I especially like the Jungle Cruise, RSR, Storybook Land Canal Boats, Casey Junior, the Train, and the Mark Twain at night. (Note that the Mark Twain might not be running after dark due to Fantasmic!.)

I would say the Matterhorn, Casey Jr. Circus Train, the Carousel, the Teacups, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Jungle Cruise for sure! Over in DCA, I love Radiator Springs Racers (I think the rest of Cars Land is also better after the neon lighting at dusk which is definitely worth catching), the Swings, and Grizzly River Run.

Have fun planning!

If you can time BTMRR during fireworks, it's amazing.

RSR is really great at night as well, as well as Luigi under the lights.

it is still my goal to ride RSR at night! We just couldnt make it happen on our trip last week due to early park closures.
We did do Jungle Cruise at night which was fun.
All of Cars Land looks great at night. Do all the Cars rides at night if you can- but try to work out the RSR FP times so you don't have to wait, or do the single rider line.

My vote is the teacups because I really love the chinese lanterns lit up. I also like doing the Haunted Mansion, Tower of Terror (GoG) and Pirates at night because of the spooky vibe. Bugs land is really neat to walk around at night as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!