what are your "must haves" for a disney trip?

A cell phone wallet case. I run lean in the parks and if it doesn't fit in there i don't take it.

We got a small (just bigger than a shoebox) hepa-style air cleaner from Target for the room. Helps with the Florida moldy smells and great white noise for sleeping.

For in the parks: wallet, phone, tiny umbrella

Well broken in New Balance sneakers.

We really don't like to bring a lot, but have a few must haves: portable phone charger, water bottles, umbrella, misting fan. We travel in August and can't stand the hot sticky feeling of ponchos, we much prefer umbrellas. The misting fan is a life saver for us.

I always bring a box of Quest bars (or any protein bars) to eat for breakfast. Morning hours are precious and I like to have a quick breakfast so we can get to the parks for RD.

I always pack light.

I bring with me my various cards: DVC, AP, Driver's License.
I also bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
My phone, of course.

All of this goes in my pants pockets.

With this set-up, I can go through the "no bag" line coming in to the parks which saves time and is less hassle. Also, not using a bag means that I have less back strain, an easier time walking around, and I stay cooler because I don't have a bag resting against my body.

I don't need a water bottle because you can get free water in the park, or buy a bottle if you really need/want to and then recycle it when you're done.

Ponchos and umbrella can be purchased in most of the larger gift stores. They often keep them behind the counter and out of site, but just ask at the cash register.

I don't bring any pain relievers or headache meds because they also sell those in the larger gift shops, behind the counter, like the umbrellas and ponchos.

Last edited:
It sounds like a Disney version of the Frogg Toggs cooling towel, which you can get on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-...pID=41zm0CJoGaL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Just want to share a tip about the cooling towels. I love them and first found out about them on the DIS forums years ago. We use them at DW in summer and when boxing. We have tried many brands including frog toggs.
The best is made by Mission, they tend to stay cooler longer and are a lighter fabric than most. You can find them for about $15 in most retail stores. (Target, bed bath & beyond, sports stores). The best place buy them are at tjmaxx
And Marshalls. They are usually about $6-$7. Or you can purchase on line from mission (mission enduracool towels)

A box fan for our resort room! Obviously not something that you need in the parkd, but it is essential for me! It's easier for us because we drive down and can load down the car with stuff, but even if we flew I'd have to find a way to shove a mini fan in a bag. I just can't sleep without one, and I'd spend my week cranky and tired.

I am exactly the same way. Have to have the sound of the fan to sleep.
Just in case you ever find yourself in a situation without your fan or the one you have breaks, there are apps for fan sounds. I have one that has all different types of fans to choose from and you can choose how many hours to have it playing.

I am exactly the same way. Have to have the sound of the fan to sleep.
Just in case you ever find yourself in a situation without your fan or the one you have breaks, there are apps for fan sounds. I have one that has all different types of fans to choose from and you can choose how many hours to have it playing.

That a really good tip and a smart idea for an app too! Wish I could come up with something like. It would have come in handy during our last few trips where my wife made me stay up all night mimicking the sound of our AC unit until she fell asleep.

It sounds like a Disney version of the Frogg Toggs cooling towel, which you can get on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Frogg-Toggs-...pID=41zm0CJoGaL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
You can also buy them at Home Depot, Lowe's and prolly any hardware store as many construction workers use them. Think I paid 7 bucks for the ones we bought @ HD.

I take a wristlet pocketbook so I can carry:

my cellphone in it's charged Mophie case (thing of beauty)
a Zagg charger +retractable cord for everyone else's phone
ID and cards
sunscreen wipes and lip balm
mints
a poncho that fits in a cinched top pouch but not always in the wristlet. It has a knit lining at the top so no icky sticky plastic clinging to me.

a poncho that fits in a cinched top pouch but not always in the wristlet. It has a knit lining at the top so no icky sticky plastic clinging to me.
Where did you buy it? Anyone have asthma and carried an inhaler on the rides? How does that work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!