What are you spending on vacation next year..

We are doing the fly into Vegas, drive to Grand Canyon south rim, Bryce and Zion then finish in Vegas. Looking forward to seeing a small part of route 66 and also the Hoover Dam. It's not the most original trip but on the bucket list. We will go in May as soon as my son gets out for school.

I had points to cover 2 plane tickets and bought one for $300+.

Staying in GC NP at Yavapai Lodge

Staying at Driftwood Lodge in Springfield, UT just outside Zion NP

Planning to stay at Mirage but haven't booked yet.

Need passes into the NPs yet.

Need tickets to Beatles Love yet.

Need to reserve a car.

So I's still in the planning stage but we do have plane tickets bought and 2 rooms reserved.

My estimate is less that $4000. Vegas will be expensive and the lodging I chose won't be cheap but touring the national parks will have very little cost. I can buy an annual pass for $80 and get into all of them for that one low price. There are free shuttle buses in the parks.

I'll also add I am spending a little more than $1000 for a Bahamian cruise in February. Going with friends so just have to pay for me. However, all the ports on our itinerary were severely damaged by Irma so not sure how that is going to play out.

Last edited:
6 nights in D.C. next July. Staying on Marriott points. Still deciding how we'll be paying for flights but have factored in $350 max(x4, baby is free) per person just in case. Miscellaneous expenses (museums/sites that aren't free), $400. Rental car, $400. Parking fees paid by my parents. I don't count food (breakfast is free any way). $800-$2,200 for a week from LA area.

November 5 nights at WDW, 3 night Disney Cruise. This will depend greatly on percentage saved on Disney Gift cards and what discounts are offered at WDW. My guess is about $3,000 for the cruise for 5 of us (it's been booked with OBB discount but not sure about gift card savings). $1,000 for flights. $2,200 for WDW hotel/tickets. Again, does not include food. But will add $500 for special dinings, souvenirs etc. All in all I'd say $6,000-$6,500 for 5 from LA area for a total of 8 nights.

We do small trips too, visiting family. Phoenix area during spring training visiting DH's grandma. Gas is our only cost so maybe $150. We visit family in the Bay about twice a year. Again, gas is about $150. In the Bay we may do an outing and spend $100 or so but generally we do cheap or free things.

That's about all the time off we'll get next year!

That sounds like fun! I had a roadtrip to CA planned but the hubs wants to have a camper instead of a tent for that long of a trip.

We are doing the fly into Vegas, drive to Grand Canyon south rim, Bryce and Zion then finish in Vegas. Looking forward to seeing a small part of route 66 and also the Hoover Dam. It's not the most original trip but on the bucket list. We will go in May as soon as my son gets out for school.

I had points to cover 2 plane tickets and bought one for $300+.

Staying in GC NP at Yavapai Lodge

Staying at Driftwood Lodge in Springfield, UT just outside Zion NP

Planning to stay at Mirage but haven't booked yet.

Need passes into the NPs yet.

Need tickets to Beatles Love yet.

Need to reserve a car.

So I's still in the planning stage but we do have plane tickets bought and 2 rooms reserved.

D.C. is an excellent trip, we have done it several times. We can hop on Amtrak and use the metro while we are there.

I thought about booking Disney but we just got home Tuesday. We had a great trip and it really scratched my Disney itch.

6 nights in D.C. next July. Staying on Marriott points. Still deciding how we'll be paying for flights but have factored in $350 max(x4, baby is free) per person just in case. Miscellaneous expenses (museums/sites that aren't free), $400. Rental car, $400. Parking fees paid by my parents. I don't count food (breakfast is free any way). $800-$2,200 for a week from LA area.

November 5 nights at WDW, 3 night Disney Cruise. This will depend greatly on percentage saved on Disney Gift cards and what discounts are offered at WDW. My guess is about $3,000 for the cruise for 5 of us (it's been booked with OBB discount but not sure about gift card savings). $1,000 for flights. $2,200 for WDW hotel/tickets. Again, does not include food. But will add $500 for special dinings, souvenirs etc. All in all I'd say $6,000-$6,500 for 5 from LA area for a total of 8 nights.

We do small trips too, visiting family. Phoenix area during spring training visiting DH's grandma. Gas is our only cost so maybe $150. We visit family in the Bay about twice a year. Again, gas is about $150. In the Bay we may do an outing and spend $100 or so but generally we do cheap or free things.

That's about all the time off we'll get next year!

D.C. is an excellent trip, we have done it several times. We can hop on Amtrak and use the metro while we are there.

I thought about booking Disney but we just got home Tuesday. We had a great trip and it really scratched my Disney itch.

I've been encouraged to do Metro by many but to be honest am completely ok with driving and parking (hotel parking is free). Ive done it twice before
I also just don't want to be on public transport with an 8 month old and stroller, etc. My $400 rental car cost is probably high but gives me some cushion.

We did a short Disney Cruise in January and Alaskan Disney last August - the itch only gets worse for us :laughing: We have Disneyland in our backyard so haven't done WDW since November 2015 but we'll be itching by next November. Plus now we'll have a little girl to take and experience it with!

We spent too much this year to do a Disney cruise in 2018 but it is on my list. I am considering a western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Dream. We have done it before and I have a hold on the exact cabin as last time. It was cheap, under $1500 but it isn't until December. That is a long time to wait.

I've been encouraged to do Metro by many but to be honest am completely ok with driving and parking (hotel parking is free). Ive done it twice before
I also just don't want to be on public transport with an 8 month old and stroller, etc. My $400 rental car cost is probably high but gives me some cushion.

We did a short Disney Cruise in January and Alaskan Disney last August - the itch only gets worse for us :laughing: We have Disneyland in our backyard so haven't done WDW since November 2015 but we'll be itching by next November. Plus now we'll have a little girl to take and experience it with!

Well, being a Disney forum, you'll be shocked by my answer...we're going to WDW for summer vacation next year.

What we're spending is sort of hard to quantify. We went to WDW this past summer and bought APs. So we incurred that huge cost this summer, when we arrive next summer our admission cost is "zero" if you look at it that way. I also paid for our summer 2018 rental house already....we're staying for 17 nights and that cost is something like $1200. The only other cost will be food. For 17 days, we'll spend around $700-$800 total for the 5 of us. We bring our own food into the parks. Any other money spent will be for souvenirs.

Next year we will be a family of 3. For baby's first trip, we are thinking of 4-5 days in Chicago during the summer. Housing is free, thanks to my parents and we can bring our parrot with us, so that will save on pet sitting costs. And most activities will be free as well (Millenium Park, Art Institute of Chicago, Lincoln Park Zoo, etc.). So it will just be the cost to cover gas and food. I am estimating maybe $500 total.

And in October, DH and I will be taking a 7-night Mediterranean Royal Caribbean cruise that leaves out of Venice. My parents will be watching baby and parrot. I got a steal on a junior suite for $2000. I paid $800 with credit card rewards, so only need to cover $1200 + excursion costs. We will use miles or credit card rewards for our flights and I have booked a few nights near Venice before the cruise leaves using SPG points. I am estimating the entire trip will cost us $2000.

We are planning to take a Disney cruise. Right now the plan is a 4 Night Cruise in October in a Verandah room for $3209 (before taxes, fees, etc). I have $600 saved through Disney rewards, $40 giftcard from the DVC call, and $1000 saved in general vacation savings so far. Our flights will be covered by Southwest Points.

This could possibly change to a Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral with the Disney rewards being spent at Disney Parks. It just depends on if my family can agree on a date or not (they are not up for a Disney Cruise).

Next summer - Disneyland and Yosemite - trying to keep it around 5000.00 for nine nights. We have enough points for free airfare and will be camping in Yosemite.
Next Christmas - WDW for nine nights - hoping for Free Dining - 6300 plus airfare. More if no Free Dining.
We don't usually take two big vacations a year - next year is a splurge year.

We are planning a trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico for 10-14 nights depending on dd's vacation time in July 2018. Flights and hotel plus food should be around $6000 CDN.

In August 2018 dh and I are going to Las Vegas for dh's 50th birthday. Flights are on points but will cost $300 in taxes. Hotel for 5 nights at Bally's, grand canyon tour, and food should be around $1500 US or depending on the exchange rate as of now around $1900 CDN.

Other than Spring Training, too soon to tell. Although September 30th is the deadline for my wife to get her vacation requests in.

Next year is bigger for us than usual, as it's our 5th anniversary
Late Jan: WDW + Celebration of Harry Potter, 6 nights at $2200
May: WDW, 5 nights @ $1200 (solo trip for me)
July(special anniversary trip): Western Caribbean cruise on Norwegian Getaway, 7 nights at $3400
September: London & Scotland, 10 nights @ $8000

This June is my fortieth birthday and we're planning a big trip for it! Husband and I going without kids(for the first time ever) to London and the U.K. . Using airline miles for our plane tickets and Amex travel points for the London hotel portion. Still working on the details for the second half of the trip. Planning to do all the touristy things and lots of sightseeing too. Although I know it's a very expensive destination, using miles and points and not taking the three kids will greatly reduce the financial impact. Getting excited already!

Hopefully 3 weeks in Australia mid/late Aug with flights covered by points and some of the hotel stay covered by points, rest will be out of pocket
Christmas in the Caribbean
Couple of trips to Universal while we still have AP
Not sure about Spring Break since DS's school gave us a generous 2 days, 4 days if you could the weekend

Probably $10-15k, at least

Next year is a cheap trip year for us. We are doing a 3 night (Fri - Mon) Royal Caribbean cruise that was free for sitting through a time share presentation. I did have to pay taxes and paid to upgrade from an interior room to ocean view and that was under 300.00. We will drive to Port Canaveral from TN so we'll have gas and parking. After that we are planning on driving up to Hilton Head where I've booked 5 nights (Tues - Sun). That leaves Monday night that we will either get a cheap room somewhere along the way or stay the night with family who will also be in HH that week. My goal is 2,500 for the whole thing and that's basically spending money since everything else is free/already covered.

Not really sure what we will be spending but dh and I have plans for a 4 day Epcot F&W trip with a couple friends.
We didn't do a family vacation this year and with dd going away to school next fall I think its really important we do in 2018.
If we don't do something for Spring Break we will probably go to Assateague MD in the summer which will probably cost us around $3,500.

Probably very little. We had already decided to forego our annual week at the Jersey Shore in favor of a Caribbean all-inclusive of some sort when our daughter announced that she and her fiance have decided to get married next summer. So, that speeds up the timetable for saving for the event. No vacations. The usual vacation fund is being diverted to caterers, florists and dresses.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter