What are VIP lounges???

Ducky4Disney

-->Place Tag HERE!
I read somewhere that there are VIP lounges in Epcot? What the heck is this all about? I think it was something about the sponsors of different attractions have VIP lounges, I dunno, something like that! Anyone know more about this?

D4D

Each pavilion in Epcot has a sponsor. (The Land - presented by Nestle, Imagination - presented by Kodak, Test Track - present by General Motors etc.....)

When Epcot was first built, each pavilion had a lounge that employees of those companies were entitled to use. They could get a soda, relax in the AC, and have front of the line privleges for the ride itself.

I believe that those are all gone, EXCEPT for a GM lounge at Test Track. GM employees can still use a lounge and look through a window into the ride building, and they also get front of the line privleges.

Mission Space is sponsored by HP, and there's a lounge there for HP employees. We visited it in August and it was quite nice. You will need to show your employee badge to gain entry.....

My DH works for a major GM supplier. I have asked this question before (and no one ever knew the anwer) --- Can he get access to the GM lounge? I am asking because he does receive some benefits that GM employees receive like discounts on GM products.

Originally posted by OhMickey
My DH works for a major GM supplier. I have asked this question before (and no one ever knew the anwer) --- Can he get access to the GM lounge? I am asking because he does receive some benefits that GM employees receive like discounts on GM products.

Unless he is an acual GM employee, I doubt it. Maybe he can get a pass from some of the people he deals with at GM?

Originally posted by OhMickey

Does he have an employee badge that says "GM" anywhere on it? If so, he should be able to get in no problem, as the badge is required to get in. If it doesn't say "GM", I doubt it. You might have your husband check thru his benefits department to verify - that's where my BIL verified info about the HP lounge and how to gain access.

Delphi employees used to be GM employees but now we don't get the VIP lounge privileges. I'm glad we did get to use the lounge on one of our pre-Delphi trips.

Bobbi

Wasn't there one for AP holders?

VERY COOL! My Dad works for GM and will be coming with us this December! I have to make sure that he brings his badge with him. I wonder if his UAW card will work in case he forgets, he's bound to have some kind of GM ID with him. Front of the line for employees! YIPPEE! I have to apologize to all those who will be waiting in line, but this is a rare privilege for me.

I'll have to make sure that he checks with his HR department to see if there are other coupons or savings we can take advantage of!

D4D

Theres also one in the MK for AAA.

They made that one especially for me:earboy2: yea, yea, thats the ticket.

Just got back! Dh works for GM & we went to the VIP lounge at Test Track. When we got to TT we asked the CM where to go & they pointed us in the right direction. Dh did not bring his actual GM employee id, but he had his business card & the CM let him in showing his business card & drivers license. He had to sign a book to get in with his employee info. We did not do anything in the lounge (we had to make our ps for PSB!) but we used the restroom (very nice) & got our front of the line priviledges. It was so cool. We walked out a door marked "Authorized personnel only" & went right to the front!
Also, for GM employees, there is a discount for park tickets so be sure to ask the HR people how to get it.
WISH I WERE THERE!!

Anyone know about one for AP holders?

There is also a VIP lounge at the American Adventure on the third floor. It used to be for the sponsors of the pavilion (Coke and Amex), but now it's used for private events, such as wedding receptions.

I believe that the AP lounges don't exist anymore. I think that Disney was testing them for a short while (if memory serves, I think one of them was near Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom).

There was a temporary one at Epcot for AP holders. It was the former Nestle's VIP lounge. AP holders also had a VIP location to watch Illuminations. There was also an AP lounge at AK. Sadly, these perks were discontinued a couple of years ago at the end of the first year.

That's too bad...thanks for the info!

DH works for Chevrolet, which is a GM company - can we use the VIP privileges?

Originally posted by 7thdwarf/dopey
Theres also one in the MK for AAA.

AFAIK, it's not for AAA members, but people who book vacation packages through them. I've read that you get a single coupon per package for one entrance into the lounge and one free soft drink for each member of your party.

N.E.D.

Oh no!!! When did the Delphi employees lose the lounge privileges? We have used it since the spin off with no problems. I showed my badge and they let us in. Is this something that just happened? :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter