What are the desirable "view room" requests at each resort?

SherylLC

DIS Veteran
New owner at BCV and VGC, but have yet to use my points (still waiting on one set). I'd love to hear about other resorts as well. Thanks!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Not knowing what you are looking for or what you like is a shot in the dark. I suggest that you do a resort tour and decide for yourself. We own at BCV and people like the BCV view towards Epcot, in my world it's a crappy view above Epcot Resorts Blvd, trees blocking most if any Epcot view. Others like the woods view, to me it's a view of a swamp or wetland. We prefer the pool view but it's got a drainage channel and parking lot beyond.

:earsboy: Bill

(Or, as I like to say: There is a REASON view isn't bookable at BCV. They are at BWV, which is older. And there's been plenty of time to reallocate if there were any sense to it.)

Realize that unlike cash reservations, DVC villas, w/ a few exceptions, are pretty solidly booked, thus 'view requests' are less likely to be honored simply because there are fewer open villas to play w/ at any given time. Through the years you'll have many vacations in villas with many different views, having a less favorite view doesn't sting as much when you know you'll be back next year and maybe then you'll get a more favorite view. And somehow for me I seemed to care more about details w/ the room like view back in the days when I knew how much I'd paid in cash for those deluxe rooms, whereas w/ my DVC points I sort of forget that I paid a lot for the points as what I paid isn't attached to that specific vacation.

In fifteen years of DVC trips, we've had a view request honored ONCE. Don't get your hopes up. Go ahead and make them (plenty of people have better luck than I do, and I haven't always bothered to make them - one Boardwalk View room is pretty much like another to me).

Also keep in mind that many of the resorts - the DVC rooms didn't get the good views - there are not many "good views" from BCV or VWL for instance - the majority of the good views are in the cash portion of the resort. (BW got the jackpot - its DVC rooms are generally better for views than its cash rooms).

I never make a room request. Making a room request can be the difference between getting your room at noon or five.

That is another problem with room requests. And I haven't thought about it, but we are almost always in our room between 1 and 3 - and sometimes much earlier - but we haven't made many room requests of late.

Sheryl, something you should know as a new owner - DVC check in time is "after 4" and checkout isn't until 11. Since DVC runs at high occupancy, and many of the rooms involve kitchens - cleaning can take a bit. It isn't uncommon to wait until after 4 for your room - and it isn't unheard of (but is uncommon) to wait until 7 or 8 at night. A lot of people like the idea of getting into the first available room (particularly when you have little kids who need a nap) and choose that over requests.

Sheryl, something you should know as a new owner - DVC check in time is "after 4" and checkout isn't until 11. Since DVC runs at high occupancy, and many of the rooms involve kitchens - cleaning can take a bit. It isn't uncommon to wait until after 4 for your room - and it isn't unheard of (but is uncommon) to wait until 7 or 8 at night. A lot of people like the idea of getting into the first available room (particularly when you have little kids who need a nap) and choose that over requests.
I did not think about that. GOOD TO KNOW! Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'll pay for a view if it's just my wife and me in a beautiful city or on the ocean. For family trips to Disney, I take whatever is available - and the best value I can get for my points. Of course, the "mother-in-law view" is unacceptable no matter how good the deal is.

We usually go with whatever view is the least amount of points.

I do have to say that I don't really like the theme park view at BLT. While it's great to watch the fireworks, it's very loud and the room even shakes! I much prefer the lake view there.

Forgot to add...I'm also not a fan the cacophony of car alarms post-fireworks in the TPV BLT rooms.

BCV doesn't have any particularly great views. But that's ok, because it's an excellent location right next to Epcot and has SAB, so what else do you need? Whatever I request, I generally get the opposite, so I don't even bother any more.

I mainly like being able to get a 2-bedroom lockoff for when we bring family and guests along that I want to be able to separate myself from without having to spend excess points for a separate studio. That's one of the primary perks of owning there, IMHO. :-)

The only room preference here is whether we want to see animals at Animal Kingdom.
After our last Savannah view room that was paid at a premium where we saw more deer outside the fence than animals inside the fence, not sure we would ever use extra points for Savannah view again.

We've found room availability times all over the place too. Our visit to OKW had a first floor, close to the main pool request. We got the room we needed(my wife was on crutches and could not do steps), and it was ready at 2:00.
At Kidani, we asked for a room on the main Savannah and close to the lobby as our nephew has severe rheumatoid arthritis. We had the 3rd room from the end of the hall facing the Pembe(the one without animals) Savannah. That room wasn't ready until after 6:15. I had stayed at the Poly the night before due to Run Disney packet pickups and my luggage transfer did not happen until nearly 10:00 PM. Considering all of our running gear was within that luggage, getting it at 10 was not cool with a 2:30 alarm the next morning.

The DVC units at VGC face in three general directions: Theme Park (facing California Adventure towards World of Color), Pools or Woods (facing the California Adventure towards the rope course but truly facing a thick layer of trees and landscaping). The Theme Park facing units on lower levels are mostly "landscape view" as they cannot see into the park. If you hope for a Theme Park view, be sure to request Theme Park, Upper Level.

We had Theme Park, Upper Level once and it was simply spectacular. Most times, our request is "Not a Pool view, please" and we are delighted to be assigned a woods view. Nice!

We just stayed at VGF in a standard view room 1529. We had a partial view of the lake and view of the garden/villa entrance.

I did not put in a request and just accepted what we got. We liked the room for the garden and partial lake view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter