• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

West Palm Beach Playmobil (long trip? & post!)

CdnMom2

DIS Veteran
We have been huge Playmobil fans for years. We are planning to go to their only "amusement park" in North America (think Germany is the only other one) -- it's FREE! Since we are driving all the way from Ontario to Orlando we figure we might as well go that bit farther when we'll be so close (relatively). Has anyone been there? I have heard there is something smaller in Orlando.

Does anyone know a safe, good route there? Some have been so helpful posting good routes to Ft. Myers. What are the tolls like (we're trading our pitiful Cdn $ so everything really has to be considered) ? I'm thinking we'll head back up along the Coast to KSC for a visit then back to Orlando. This will probably entail a cheap (but SAFE) hotel stay (for 2 adults, 4 kids) somewhere along way. Any suggestions?

Originally we were thinking of driving down to Florida then going along Gulf Coast to Sarasota or Fort Myers to see some sights. Staying over somewhere as needed. Straight across to West Palm Beach then the aforementioned trip North to Orlando via KSC. Seems a shame to drive all the way down for our 1 trip to Florida and not see both coasts (again, they're relatively close together and a good compare & contrast lesson for our 4 kids who will be missing a week of school). But as we will likely have 7 day Park Hopper Pluses for Disney because of Cdn deal offered this may be wasting too much on a approx. 16 day vacation. So much to see. We also feel strongly about having the kids see some "real" Florida -- orange groves, manatee, shells, beaches, Gatorland :p .

Please post your thoughts/advice on this ambitious trip. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter