Well, that didn't go just quite as planned ..... an Aug/Sept 17 Update 07/12

My eyes were tearing just reading your latest update. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that was. I’m surprised you lasted as long as you did before returning to the resort.
We love the BD everything there is delicious.
I’m glad you were able to ride TS before you left.

OMG-thats the worst! I definitely managed to get sunscreen in my eyes multiple times at Disney (though I tend to rub my eyes a lot). Eventually I just decided to sit in the shade for a bit and think of something sad so I would start crying and get it all out! Because it was Disney, I went with the ending of Toy Story 3 and the part in Lilo and Stitch where Stitch is in the woods alone!

Thank you for being so sympathetic and for sharing your own experience. It is horrible to rub sunscreen into your eyes. Why I wasn't more careful is beyond me.
I like your little story of thinking of some sad movie scenes though!

They were beautiful, mom and I feel very special and honored to be included :goodvibes :) please tell Tom thank you.

Guess you might become part of it again in December. ;) He loves doing the calendars and was so happy to hear you enjoyed them.

Love this update! We were so excited to see you both. Totally my fault about the confusion about the restaurant. Sorry about that. We felt so bad that your eyes were hurting :(

I love that picture of us in Toy Story.

We were equally excited - hence the being careless with rubbing the sunscreen into my eyes. :rolleyes1
No problem about the Brown Derby - good thing we got to be inside - even though we might try the Lounge next time we will be there together. :thumbsup2

I think the Toy Story picture is one that you took. We very seldom take selfies, but this one was really great.

I'm so sorry you got the sunscreen in your eyes. I know that burning and tearing up is the worst. Looks like lunch was nice anyway. I'm glad you were able to make the most of your day. It was nice of Pamela and Jeanette to go back to the room with you.

Yes, the sunscreen was stupid of me, but we were so looking forward to Pamela and Jeanette, that I acted very careless.
We had an awesome day - once my eyes had recovered in the room we were out to have some fun again.

I will be busy this weekend, Jim is coming back for a visit, and we have lots of family times planned. Happy New Year to you!

Hope you had a wonderful time with your family, Tammie! Happy New Year to you all!

Thanks for sharing your trip

:welcome:
Thank you for sticking with us.

Happy New Year!!!!!!

party: party: party: party:

Happy New Year to you and Jeanette, too! Can't wait to see you again!

My eyes were tearing just reading your latest update. I can only imagine how uncomfortable that was. I’m surprised you lasted as long as you did before returning to the resort.

It was pretty bad. But we had been so excited to see Pamela and JJ again, so I didn't want to think about leaving ....... until I knew that it was our ony option.

We love the BD everything there is delicious.

We have eaten there a few times, but we have come to love the lounge. Even though you need to sit outside, their small plates and drinks are just too delish.

I’m glad you were able to ride TS before you left.

Even though I didn't score very high, because my eyes were still filling with tears, this is one ride we didn't want to skip.

View attachment 291305
Wishing you and Tom a happy and healthy New Year

Happy New Year to you and your family, too!

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 3, August 24

Pain and fun and laughter - part 2

Time got away from us and when we finally looked at our watches we only had 25 minutes until our reservation at Mama Melrose. We weighed our options and even though it is just a 15 minute drive, we knew that with parking and waiting for the tram and then security and ticket scanning there was no way we would make it in time. Our decision was to try and take a taxi over to Hollywood Studios. We very quickly grabbed our bags, headed back to the main building and out to the valet stand. Jeanette asked how long it would take for a taxi to arrive and the CM pointed across the road and let us know that one would be here in less than a minute would we decide on getting one.
Yes, please!
And with that the taxi was put into motion and in no time we climbed inside and off we went. We laughed a lot as Jeanette was telling the driver what his time limit was and he did his best to get us to the Studios in time.
Jeanette treated all of us to the ride and once we had gotten off we hot footed it over to security to beat the crowds of the newly arrived tram, headed through the turnstiles and off we went to Mama Melrose.
We were a little late, but still hoping they would still allow us in and not charge us for no shows. I checked us in with no problems at all and we had to wait for a few minutes. Soon a host came by and took us to a table, a four top in the middle of the restaurant. He asked if the table would be okay, but we had our heart set on a booth a little way over. He went to check and low and behold we were granted our wish. We had a package booked, a package for The Music of Pixar live and were told that we were allowed to choose an appetizer, a main and that there would be a dessert sampler. He handed us the menus, told us the name of our server and with that we were left to entertain ourselves.
And entertain ourselves we did.

i-wcwT3CH-L.jpg

We had a blast, giggling away and laughing some more. When the server came by for the first time we had not even given the menus in our hands one single look. So we ordered our drinks and started to study the menus. A few minutes later he came back with drinks and

i-vJzfWKN-L.jpg

rolls and

i-vXZVFZb-L.jpg

olive oil with dried herbs and we ordered our food and then waited for our starters to arrive. It did take some time, but we had so much fun we did not mind at all. But finally our starters arrived and we got to fill our bellies. Tom had ordered the

i-XdSJVB9-L.jpg

Mushroom Flatbread, roasted cremini and button mushrooms with a roasted vidalia onion spread topped with fontina and asiago cheese finished with balsamic reduction and fresh herbs, which did not only look delicious, it tasted delicious as well. I had not been sure I was up to a flatbread and a main, so I had chosen the

i-9wsvn9T-L.jpg

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes, balsamic drizzle, olive oil and sweet basil leaves in hopes it would be a lighter option. And it really hit the spot, the tomatoes were tasty and who does not like fresh Mozzarella cheese. Tom’s main course was the

i-TXZtq8b-L.jpg

Charred Strip Steak with four-cheese macaroni with pancetta, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction. With a perfectly cooked steak he was a happy camper. I had ordered the

i-mBbBpDq-L.jpg

Saltimbocca, Pork Tenderloin topped with Prosciutto, Sage, Fontina Cheese, Tuscan Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Lemon Caper Sauce and it was really nice. We sat, chatted, chewed and laughed some more and after the plates were cleared we were told our desserts were to arrive shortly. But then we sat and waited and waited and waited until finally we were served our dessert sampler,

i-PjzxMVW-L.jpg

Lemon Cheesecake topped with fabulous Passion Fruit Pearls, a creamy Tiramisù, and a Valencia Blood Orange Cake. We were all pretty stuffed and not all of the desserts got eaten in the end. Once we had finished our feast we asked for the bill and it took forever for it to arrive, but finally everything was paid for, we picked up our Pixar concert tickets

i-88CzVSw-L.jpg

and headed back out into the heat. We didn’t really have a lot of time before the show, so we strolled through the park and once we got over to the theatre we got right in line and were led to our seats, which were in the middle section of the theatre right close to the stage.

i-ktjB4QW-L.jpg

i-dgXFHTQ-L.jpg

We were very pleased with them and sat and talked and giggled some more until the orchestra came out and took their seats.

i-JPVPFrf-L.jpg

From then on we were all mesmerized by the music, the scenes of the movies and the characters who came out to entertain us all.

i-DQSnrpv-L.jpg

i-Bk89rRs-L.jpg

i-L4CbKFZ-L.jpg

i-PVFbgTF-L.jpg

i-89GtqPV-L.jpg

i-psxxdKT-L.jpg

i-p6m69gZ-L.jpg

i-dN2nKnM-L.jpg

i-xNb863t-L.jpg

i-C5DfDCB-L.jpg

i-Wk8ZmTh-L.jpg

i-nTJgx5N-L.jpg

i-L7VcBc5-L.jpg

We are well aware that Disney does great shows, but this was really special.
I didn’t know where to look, watching the musicians was so interesting, but then the scenes of the movies on the big screens caught your eye and then you were so surprised by another character taking the stage. And before we knew it an hour had gone by and the show was over.
We had planned to stay for the fireworks, but we were happy that everyone agreed that it had been a long day and no one minded leaving the park at that point. We went through the shops and then said our goodbyes at the tram that took Pamela and Jeanette back to the parking lot where their car was parked, while Tom and I were heading for the bus.
Thankfully we only had to say goodbye for a short time, as Pamela and Jeanette were to come back the next morning, where they were checking in at the Polynesian, as we had quite a few more things planned together. It did not take long and a bus arrived, we were pretty far forward in the line and scored seats. About 20 minutes later we got dropped off at the Grand Floridian and tracked back to our room, just to see the Water Pageant float by.

i-tmVKj6s-L.jpg

i-fwbtx7H-L.jpg

We hurried back to our room, grabbed a drink out of the fridge and went out onto the balcony to watch the Pageant. How fun was that. Later we went back into the room talked about the fun day we had had, even though quite some tears had been shed, tears because of burning eyes in the morning and tears of laughter and joy in the afternoon and evening. Soon we were in bed and fast asleep. There was more fun to come the next day.

To be continued ........

So many things happened that day I almost forgot about the Pixar Concert. That was such a lovely performance :love:

I thought we would have enough time to drive but you were totally right about getting a taxi, and it was so easy!

We had never been to Mama Melrose before and everything was so delicious! I’d go back again in a heartbeat.

That was such a fun day!!!

Ohhhh...the sunscreen in the eyes! I am just glad you do t wear contacts because that if at all possible would make it worse. I am just cringing thinking about the sheer torture you went thru...I am not kidding! I wear contacts and I get an eyelash in them and I am full of tears of every so often I move my eye a certain way and it inflicts pain, so painful that it hurts to open my eye and take out my contact. I can’t imagine sunscreen in it...yikes. Um...maybe you should Velcro the stick sunscreen to your body just for your face from now on .

And I just have to say your food pictures are so mouth watering (even your plane ones as we get squat here in the US). You have enlightened me to many new places I want to try some day....the day my kids don’t come!!

Hi Karin! Wishing you and Tom a Happy New Year and fabulous 2018! I'm sure you have a fabulous Disney trip planned for 2018. Will hopefully catch you in WDW this year!

Wow talk about being blindsided - by sunscreen! Sorry you had such a harsh reaction. I'm impressed you could take pictures though and they came out well!
your experience at Brown Derby makes me want to try it again. We had an ok experience last time. I think the key for me is to get the dressing for the cobb salad on the side. I'm always so scared it's going to be overdressed and ruin the proportions but I guess dressing on the side would eliminate that. I really like their rolls though and the drinks look killer!
Also I have never dined at Mama Melrose before and your meal really makes me want to try it! It looks really good, better than I thought it would! Thanks for giving me more options to dine at in DHS!

I've been reading your report since the beginning but just had to comment on your Pixar Live post! I can't believe they have a Mr. Frederickson character!!! How is he not meeting in AK with Russell?!

Just signing on to your TR! Such a nice flight to Orlando and how great that you're staying at The Grand Floridian! We own a DVC in the Villas and always enjoy our stays there. It looked like you really enjoyed the Fireworks Dessert Party in the MK. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Fireworks show on our next trip at the end of this month. So sorry that you had such a problem with the suntan lotion in your eyes but you certainly made the best of it. Glad you enjoyed your meals at the HBD and Mama Melrose along with the Pixar show! Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

I'm glad you were able to make it back to MM. This is a must do for DD she loves their calamari and I love their filet and mac and cheese YUM.
Pixar Live looks like a great event. I had no idea characters would be there so cute.
Looking forward to your next update and the Poly.

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 3, August 24

Pain and fun and laughter - part 2

Time got away from us and when we finally looked at our watches we only had 25 minutes until our reservation at Mama Melrose. We weighed our options and even though it is just a 15 minute drive, we knew that with parking and waiting for the tram and then security and ticket scanning there was no way we would make it in time. Our decision was to try and take a taxi over to Hollywood Studios. We very quickly grabbed our bags, headed back to the main building and out to the valet stand. Jeanette asked how long it would take for a taxi to arrive and the CM pointed across the road and let us know that one would be here in less than a minute would we decide on getting one.
Yes, please!
And with that the taxi was put into motion and in no time we climbed inside and off we went. We laughed a lot as Jeanette was telling the driver what his time limit was and he did his best to get us to the Studios in time.

Jeanette treated all of us to the ride and once we had gotten off we hot footed it over to security to beat the crowds of the newly arrived tram, headed through the turnstiles and off we went to Mama Melrose.
We were a little late, but still hoping they would still allow us in and not charge us for no shows. I checked us in with no problems at all and we had to wait for a few minutes. Soon a host came by and took us to a table, a four top in the middle of the restaurant. He asked if the table would be okay, but we had our heart set on a booth a little way over. He went to check and low and behold we were granted our wish. We had a package booked, a package for The Music of Pixar live and were told that we were allowed to choose an appetizer, a main and that there would be a dessert sampler. He handed us the menus, told us the name of our server and with that we were left to entertain ourselves.
And entertain ourselves we did.

i-wcwT3CH-L.jpg

We had a blast, giggling away and laughing some more. When the server came by for the first time we had not even given the menus in our hands one single look. So we ordered our drinks and started to study the menus. A few minutes later he came back with drinks and

i-vJzfWKN-L.jpg

rolls and

i-vXZVFZb-L.jpg

olive oil with dried herbs and we ordered our food and then waited for our starters to arrive. It did take some time, but we had so much fun we did not mind at all. But finally our starters arrived and we got to fill our bellies. Tom had ordered the

i-XdSJVB9-L.jpg

Mushroom Flatbread, roasted cremini and button mushrooms with a roasted vidalia onion spread topped with fontina and asiago cheese finished with balsamic reduction and fresh herbs, which did not only look delicious, it tasted delicious as well. I had not been sure I was up to a flatbread and a main, so I had chosen the

i-9wsvn9T-L.jpg

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes, balsamic drizzle, olive oil and sweet basil leaves in hopes it would be a lighter option. And it really hit the spot, the tomatoes were tasty and who does not like fresh Mozzarella cheese. Tom’s main course was the

i-TXZtq8b-L.jpg

Charred Strip Steak with four-cheese macaroni with pancetta, aged balsamic-shallot butter, and Chianti Wine Reduction. With a perfectly cooked steak he was a happy camper. I had ordered the

i-mBbBpDq-L.jpg

Saltimbocca, Pork Tenderloin topped with Prosciutto, Sage, Fontina Cheese, Tuscan Mashed Potatoes, Broccolini, and Lemon Caper Sauce and it was really nice. We sat, chatted, chewed and laughed some more and after the plates were cleared we were told our desserts were to arrive shortly. But then we sat and waited and waited and waited until finally we were served our dessert sampler,

i-PjzxMVW-L.jpg

Lemon Cheesecake topped with fabulous Passion Fruit Pearls, a creamy Tiramisù, and a Valencia Blood Orange Cake. We were all pretty stuffed and not all of the desserts got eaten in the end. Once we had finished our feast we asked for the bill and it took forever for it to arrive, but finally everything was paid for, we picked up our Pixar concert tickets

i-88CzVSw-L.jpg

and headed back out into the heat. We didn’t really have a lot of time before the show, so we strolled through the park and once we got over to the theatre we got right in line and were led to our seats, which were in the middle section of the theatre right close to the stage.

i-ktjB4QW-L.jpg

i-dgXFHTQ-L.jpg

We were very pleased with them and sat and talked and giggled some more until the orchestra came out and took their seats.

i-JPVPFrf-L.jpg

From then on we were all mesmerized by the music, the scenes of the movies and the characters who came out to entertain us all.

i-DQSnrpv-L.jpg

i-Bk89rRs-L.jpg

i-L4CbKFZ-L.jpg

i-PVFbgTF-L.jpg

i-89GtqPV-L.jpg

i-psxxdKT-L.jpg

i-p6m69gZ-L.jpg

i-dN2nKnM-L.jpg

i-xNb863t-L.jpg

i-C5DfDCB-L.jpg

i-Wk8ZmTh-L.jpg

i-nTJgx5N-L.jpg

i-L7VcBc5-L.jpg

We are well aware that Disney does great shows, but this was really special.
I didn’t know where to look, watching the musicians was so interesting, but then the scenes of the movies on the big screens caught your eye and then you were so surprised by another character taking the stage. And before we knew it an hour had gone by and the show was over.
We had planned to stay for the fireworks, but we were happy that everyone agreed that it had been a long day and no one minded leaving the park at that point. We went through the shops and then said our goodbyes at the tram that took Pamela and Jeanette back to the parking lot where their car was parked, while Tom and I were heading for the bus.
Thankfully we only had to say goodbye for a short time, as Pamela and Jeanette were to come back the next morning, where they were checking in at the Polynesian, as we had quite a few more things planned together. It did not take long and a bus arrived, we were pretty far forward in the line and scored seats. About 20 minutes later we got dropped off at the Grand Floridian and tracked back to our room, just to see the Water Pageant float by.

i-tmVKj6s-L.jpg

i-fwbtx7H-L.jpg

We hurried back to our room, grabbed a drink out of the fridge and went out onto the balcony to watch the Pageant. How fun was that. Later we went back into the room talked about the fun day we had had, even though quite some tears had been shed, tears because of burning eyes in the morning and tears of laughter and joy in the afternoon and evening. Soon we were in bed and fast asleep. There was more fun to come the next day.

To be continued ........
How do we sign up for the pixar live event? Does it play all the time? Looks amazing.

Joining in here! :cutie:

Really enjoying your trip report. How fantastic to get that business class upgrade. It looked like a fantastic flight, especially with all those meals :flower:

We were at Disney the same time last August,the 23-28.

Looking forward to reading more! Marina

I got two updates behind! :eek:

I had a similar experience with sunscreen at MK, I ended up having to leave as well because I was so miserable. At least you were able to make it through lunch.

This sounded a little like my day at HS with Pam, we ended up leaving too. :laughing:

Nice that you could enjoy each other's company for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to doing this with you all this summer!

Mama Melrose's is a pretty good restaurant, and I'd like to get back there. We ate there once when we did a SW Weekends Tour. It was included and we got to choose from a set menu, but I remember enjoying what we had there. I'd love to see the Pixar in Concert, being a musician and all, anytime you can have live musicians performing, it's definitely great!

Glad you all get to spend a little more time together!

So many things happened that day I almost forgot about the Pixar Concert. That was such a lovely performance :love:

It was a fun day topped off with that concert. Would do it again right away. :thumbsup2

I thought we would have enough time to drive but you were totally right about getting a taxi, and it was so easy!

We would have had enough time to drive, but it's the getting from the parking lot to the tram and to the entrance with a whole bunch of your newest friends :rotfl2: that takes so much time and the taxi was fun too. Especially JJ telling the driver how long he was allowed to take to get us there. :rotfl:

We had never been to Mama Melrose before and everything was so delicious! I’d go back again in a heartbeat.

What about a Fantasmic package this summer (or a Pixar concert if they do it again)? The food is yummy and the event is an added bonus. ::yes::

That was such a fun day!!!

It was an awesome start a few pretty awesome days .........:goodvibes

Ohhhh...the sunscreen in the eyes! I am just glad you do t wear contacts because that if at all possible would make it worse. I am just cringing thinking about the sheer torture you went thru...I am not kidding! I wear contacts and I get an eyelash in them and I am full of tears of every so often I move my eye a certain way and it inflicts pain, so painful that it hurts to open my eye and take out my contact. I can’t imagine sunscreen in it...yikes. Um...maybe you should Velcro the stick sunscreen to your body just for your face from now on .

It was just so thoughtless of me to just spray it on. I usually bring my own from home that does not hurt me (it's kiddy stuff). But we were so looking forward to meeting our friends again that I wasn't thinking straight.
Can't imagine wearing contacts in the first place and then getting an eyelash in, yikes!

And I just have to say your food pictures are so mouth watering (even your plane ones as we get squat here in the US). You have enlightened me to many new places I want to try some day....the day my kids don’t come!!

Thank you! I just love taking pictures of food and WDW food is usually very delishious and fun to take pics of. And I do understand about US airplane food as we flew Southwest last summer. :rotfl2:

Hi Karin! Wishing you and Tom a Happy New Year and fabulous 2018! I'm sure you have a fabulous Disney trip planned for 2018. Will hopefully catch you in WDW this year!

Thank you, and the same to you.
We have a great trip planned for 2018 - 4 weeks, with a short visit to Key West and a cruise with 11 other friends on the Fantasy. I am so sorry it did not work out last year, but I had quite the health issues during that trip and you would not have enjoyed that in the least.

Wow talk about being blindsided - by sunscreen! Sorry you had such a harsh reaction. I'm impressed you could take pictures though and they came out well!

You have no idea how long it took to take those pics in between wiping my eyes and squeezing my eyes shut. :laughing:

your experience at Brown Derby makes me want to try it again. We had an ok experience last time. I think the key for me is to get the dressing for the cobb salad on the side. I'm always so scared it's going to be overdressed and ruin the proportions but I guess dressing on the side would eliminate that. I really like their rolls though and the drinks look killer!

We did have a not so nice experience once before at the Brown Derby, but have been to the Lounge several times since. Their small plates are to die for and it so nice to sit there and people watch. But we were pretty happy to be inside and the food was really nice.
The Grapefruit Cake Martini is to die for!

Also I have never dined at Mama Melrose before and your meal really makes me want to try it! It looks really good, better than I thought it would! Thanks for giving me more options to dine at in DHS!

It used to be one of our staples for years, but then there were so many other places and less to do at DHS so that we kind of missed out on it. It was nice to go back, the food was as good as always and service was good. You should definitely try it one day.

I've been reading your report since the beginning but just had to comment on your Pixar Live post! I can't believe they have a Mr. Frederickson character!!! How is he not meeting in AK with Russell?!

Great you have come to comment.
I have seen the character before, but I am not sure if it was at a party or during regular park hours. But it would definitely be nice to see him with Russell.

Just signing on to your TR!

Such a nice flight to Orlando and how great that you're staying at The Grand Floridian! We own a DVC in the Villas and always enjoy our stays there.

It was a great start to our vacation to be upgraded to Business Class. Nothing like arriving relaxed and rested.
We have stayed at the Villas at the GF once before, right after they opened and it was superb. We so loved our stay there, but we had never stayed at the Resort itself, so when I was able to grab a good deal there we just went for it. It was nice staying there and the transportation to the MK by boat was awesome.

It looked like you really enjoyed the Fireworks Dessert Party in the MK. I'm looking forward to seeing the new Fireworks show on our next trip at the end of this month.

The party was well worth the money it cost. The desserts were pretty good and it's a lovely spot for watching the fireworks. Hope you enjoy Happily Ever After as much as we did.

Glad you enjoyed your meals at the HBD and Mama Melrose along with the Pixar show! Looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

Both meals were very enjoyable and the Pixar concert was absolutely fabulous.

I'm glad you were able to make it back to MM. This is a must do for DD she loves their calamari and I love their filet and mac and cheese YUM.

Time just got away from us, guess it is correct that time flies when you are having fun. :goodvibes
We have always been very pleased with the food at Mama Melrose and even went back another time later in the trip.

Pixar Live looks like a great event. I had no idea characters would be there so cute.

I was not sure what it was about when I first read about it, but then seeing photos and reading the first reviews I was sure I wanted to try for a package and we were very happy we did as the concert was awesome and the characters added to the whole feel of the show.

Looking forward to your next update and the Poly.

Update coming soon!

How do we sign up for the pixar live event? Does it play all the time? Looks amazing.

It was a limited time event during the summer of 2017. I really hope they will bring it back this summer, we would love to do it again.

Joining in here! :cutie:

Really enjoying your trip report. How fantastic to get that business class upgrade. It looked like a fantastic flight, especially with all those meals :flower:

It was such a nice and leisurely flight. So good to be able to stretch your legs on such a long flight and it let us arrive well rested and up for all the fun that was to come.

We were at Disney the same time last August,the 23-28.

:wave2:

Looking forward to reading more! Marina

Update coming soon!

I got two updates behind! :eek:

:laughing: Happens to me all the time. ;)

I had a similar experience with sunscreen at MK, I ended up having to leave as well because I was so miserable. At least you were able to make it through lunch.

So I am not the only one. ;) Ah, we were so looking forward to Pam and JJ and then I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I was done after the ride, but it got better soon once I was able to put my meds in.

This sounded a little like my day at HS with Pam, we ended up leaving too. :laughing:

But you did not cry your eyes out :rotfl2: and got to spend some money at the outlet with her ............ maybe something we can do together in the summer, go to the outlet!

Nice that you could enjoy each other's company for the afternoon. I'm looking forward to doing this with you all this summer!

So are WE!!! Can't wait to spend time with friends this summer. :grouphug:

Mama Melrose's is a pretty good restaurant, and I'd like to get back there. We ate there once when we did a SW Weekends Tour. It was included and we got to choose from a set menu, but I remember enjoying what we had there.

We have often eaten there, with or without a Fantasmic package and when I found out about the concert package I was pretty sure that we would love it. It seems to be the place for tours though, as we ate there while we were on the Backstage Magic that goes to Epcot, MK and DHS.

I'd love to see the Pixar in Concert, being a musician and all, anytime you can have live musicians performing, it's definitely great!

I really hope they will bring it back this summer. It was really great and I was so amazed that it was live - not having ever played an instrument I was in awe.

Glad you all get to spend a little more time together!

We got to spend a lot more time and shared a lot of LAUGHS over the next few days.

i-4BWLd2x-XL.jpg

Day 4, August 25

Boo to you!! - part 1

Finally we were able to sleep in a little longer. Around 8.30 we got up, showered and then had a quick breakfast out of the fridge.
Around 10.30 we finally made it out of the room and bumped into our mousekeeping lady when doing so.

i-kg7LQDL-XL.jpg

i-Jp89qhT-L.jpg

We walked over to the boat launch

i-hPwsNnw-L.jpg

i-2fQB8k2-XL.jpg

and waited for a boat to come to take us to the Polynesian. It was nice to enjoy the lazy, sunny morning. The boat soon arrived

i-rFZLJ86-L.jpg

i-r22R2GW-L.jpg

and we boarded and off we went to the Polynesian Resort. We knew we would be a bit early but maybe our friends would be too. When we arrived we walked around the grounds for a little while, then walked inside to explore the shops and finally found a seat with a good view of the main entrance.

i-sJsn9Hw-XL.jpg

i-FDjG8Nv-L.jpg

Soon after we got a text that Pamela and Jeanette were on their way, but they were running a little late. So we continued on people watching for quite some more time until they finally came through the door. Again, a lot of hugs were in order and after they had checked in we were on our way over to the Ticket and Transportation Center to catch a Monorail to Epcot. It is a short beautiful walk through the grounds and soon we found ourselves waiting for the Monorail.

i-jqKMxMC-L.jpg

We found a compartment where we could all sit together and already shared a lot of laughs on the way to our destination. Once we had arrived it was time for bag check and scanning our magic bands to get into the park.

i-ChwkXZS-XL.jpg

We had Fastpasses for Spaceship Earth and were well within our window, so we headed to the entrance to see that there was a line, even for Fastpass. But it moved fast

i-6b2ZZKQ-L.jpg

i-CCWScP5-XL.jpg

i-qbw53bm-L.jpg

and soon we were seated and off we went to explore the past and our future.

i-zCxmjRD-L.jpg

i-rK8zB95-L.jpg

i-DKJjKSm-L.jpg

i-8VB7JZn-L.jpg

i-h9djfKk-L.jpg

The ride was as fun as always and after smiling over our future it was already time to get off again. We walked through the shops and then headed over towards the Figment ride. There was no real line and we got right onto the ride.

i-2RrBX7k-L.jpg

And after testing all the labs we decided to stop into the DVC lounge. They were not too full and we were allowed to head right up, just to see that they WERE pretty full. Thankfully a family was just getting up, so we scored a table, and while two of us were guarding the table, the other two were getting some drinks. All of our phones were quickly connected to be recharged and while we sat and laughed and chatted, a DVC cast member came by to hand out some snacks.

i-wnq32pK-L.jpg

And once we had cooled down and rested we headed to our next Fastpass ride, and we were already a bit on the late side. So we hotfooted it over to Mission Space

i-smQz9F7-L.jpg

where we all signed up for the green team and went on a journey around the world. It was our first time trying the green side and while it was a nice ride and interesting as it is now different to the orange side, we both prefer to be on the orange team.

i-9vD9qtB-L.jpg

i-pC48b7v-L.jpg

And after we got off, we took a leisurely stroll over to The Land, as we had one more FastPass ride, Soarin. While we were still in line, Pamela checked if she had already been assigned a room and there was nothing. Funnily enough, when we checked our MDE, which was connected to hers, we could see her room number. Go figure! But first we had a ride to ride and luckily we were seated on the middle glider, so that none of the sights were leaning to one side or another. Once we got off, we knew it was time to leave if we wanted to grab a bite to eat before our evening adventures.

To be continued ........

Great update. That hat was adorable!

Yes first row center is the best way to ride Soarin!

I've never done mission space. I feel like i always walk past it when I go to Epcot because I know nothing about it. Is it a fun ride?

Looking forward to reading more. Marina

We love the Poly the lobby is so beautiful.
How great to meet up so soon with your friends
We prefer the Orange team too
SE is always great
Love the new Soarin
That’s crazy Pamela room assignment was showing on your ME and not hers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!