Well, one of the things I was excited to eat at Woody's Lunch Box is gone...

The monte cristo at Disneyland is deep fried. This sandwich was essentially a grilled ham and cheese on French toast. And it looked absolutely disgusting when I saw it last week. The brisket grilled cheese was amazing, though. Get the pasta salad...it's also great.

They should do something like a chicken cordon bleu sandwich...grilled chicken, Swiss cheese, ham, and mustard. Or a Cuban. Both would be good items and would fit in, theme and prep wise.

Could’ve been a fluke but was in that area a handful of times over 4th of July week and the CS always seemed to be uncrowded with CMs standing in front waving menus. Took it as either people were rushing to standby or the food was on same sub-par level as most CS at MGM

I don’t believe they readily share most food recipes. We tried asking for a WDW dish at our DL wedding a few years back and they said it wasn’t something they could do. We also asked for mini monte Cristos as passed appetizers during our cocktail hour, and that was something they couldn’t do since they would be unable to prepare it on that scale appropriately. It sounds like DLR knows those sandwiches are best served as they’re ordered.

Drinks are a different story. I know the bars will share recipes across WDW and DLR, and if you get the right bartender who knows the right people, they’ll get the DLR recipe and make the drink if they have the ingredients if you ask and they don’t already know it.

Actually, WDW shares many of their recipes, and even has cookbooks with for sale. If you want a recipe send the request to guest services, or even ask here on teh DIS> There used to be threads filled with recipes...even the 'Ohana potatoes and bread pudding!

Could’ve been a fluke but was in that area a handful of times over 4th of July week and the CS always seemed to be uncrowded with CMs standing in front waving menus. Took it as either people were rushing to standby or the food was on same sub-par level as most CS at MGM

The food is actually better than most QS on property, let alone DHS

Actually, WDW shares many of their recipes, and even has cookbooks with for sale. If you want a recipe send the request to guest services, or even ask here on teh DIS> There used to be threads filled with recipes...even the 'Ohana potatoes and bread pudding!

Sorry my first sentence was unclear. I was not talking in the general sense of sharing. I was addressing sharing recipes between the culinary teams at DLR and WDW.

Well that was quick. If it's any consolation the brisket is much better anyway.

They didn't give it much of a chance, TSL just opened.

fully agree - which means to me it was *really* underperforming and also as it is "different" from the other sandwiches probably was more time consuming to prepare or messed with the organization/process of preparing

Basically, was inefficient to prepare and if no one seems to want it, might as well pull it and focus on the rest

The monte cristo at Disneyland is deep fried. This sandwich was essentially a grilled ham and cheese on French toast. And it looked absolutely disgusting when I saw it last week. The brisket grilled cheese was amazing, though. Get the pasta salad...it's also great.

They should do something like a chicken cordon bleu sandwich...grilled chicken, Swiss cheese, ham, and mustard. Or a Cuban. Both would be good items and would fit in, theme and prep wise.

One of my must do’s when visiting DL is the monte cristo. I haven’t caught any difference in the prep or quality (amazing) between the two sites that offer it. I give the nod to lunch @ Blue Bayou via a waterside table but the cafe is lovely in it’s own right.

The food is actually better than most QS on property, let alone DHS

Since i didn’t dine @ TS can’t offer my 2 cents there...but from visiting ever month or so for years, have formed strong opinions on the lack of appealing CS food @ MGM. For those that do enjoy it, bon appetit

Since i didn’t dine @ TS can’t offer my 2 cents there...but from visiting ever month or so for years, have formed strong opinions on the lack of appealing CS food @ MGM. For those that do enjoy it, bon appetit

We are excited to try out Woody's Lunchbox - in general, but also because we really were not fans of the quick service available in DHS

Our go to had actually become the Brown Derby Lounge - the outside are that doesn't take ADRs and you can sit and get small plates and drinks (and drink flights) - plus they have my favorite burger on property, the wagu beef slider (but then it winds up being sort of expensive for a "quick service" alternative)

We are excited to try out Woody's Lunchbox - in general, but also because we really were not fans of the quick service available in DHS

Our go to had actually become the Brown Derby Lounge - the outside are that doesn't take ADRs and you can sit and get small plates and drinks (and drink flights) - plus they have my favorite burger on property, the wagu beef slider (but then it winds up being sort of expensive for a "quick service" alternative)

That alfresco dining @ BD looks great but we’ve never worked it in as it appears to be very popular. My point with the new TS CS, it gives me pause when there are many empty tables on a new venue.

That alfresco dining @ BD looks great but we’ve never worked it in as it appears to be very popular. My point with the new TS CS, it gives me pause when there are many empty tables on a new venue.

I think seeing empty tables at Woodys was probably an anomaly. The seating area was packed full and there was always a long line to order the three times we visited TS land on our trip. I waited a good 20 min to order, another 10 for my food, and had to ask for a to go container because there was NOWHERE to sit. I boxed up my meal and walked over to Backlot Express to eat it.

I think seeing empty tables at Woodys was probably an anomaly. The seating area was packed full and there was always a long line to order the three times we visited TS land on our trip. I waited a good 20 min to order, another 10 for my food, and had to ask for a to go container because there was NOWHERE to sit. I boxed up my meal and walked over to Backlot Express to eat it.

Interesting we had such different experiences. It did strike me odd to see so many empty tables. We were there 4th of July week, when did you visit?

Interesting we had such different experiences. It did strike me odd to see so many empty tables. We were there 4th of July week, when did you visit?

Our first visit to the Studios was Saturday, July 7. The day I bought food there was Friday, July 13.

FYI for those that follow the disney food blog, they reference the sandwich’s removal and their negative review of it.

I wanted to try it until I found out that it had mustard on it. I hate mustard, and have never had a Monte Cristo with mustard. All the ones I have had were just the meat and cheese on bread, batter dipped and deep fried with the berry compote on the side.

I wanted to try it until I found out that it had mustard on it. I hate mustard, and have never had a Monte Cristo with mustard. All the ones I have had were just the meat and cheese on bread, batter dipped and deep fried with the berry compote on the side.

Mustard yuck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter