Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon [Completed!]

Haha, how cool would that be to meet Finn Whitman! Although if I really did, I'd be scared about what he was battling next! I'm curious to know how the next book will be since it's on a cruise ship, and I don't know much about them to imagine it all.

My dad would be the exact same way about any trivia I'd tell him! I'm so glad Howard loves Disney too. I remember riding Splash Mountain once with my dad trying to share all the trivia and secrets with him, but he was probably only half listening!

Yeah, unfortunately the wedding is getting closer. Haha, I'm not looking forward to it at all because I don't want to be the center of attention. I'm also not planning anything at this point because I just don't care! That's probably a bad thing. I mean, I guess TECHNICALLY we need invitations, but it doesn't seem very important to me! The Disneymoon, on the other hand, is EXCITING! DISNEY WORLD ON PROPERTY!

Yeah, I think that's the reason I enjoy the books so much is that I can imagine where the action is actually taking place. I've never been on the cruise so I wouldn't be able to imagine it as well.

Sometimes I wish I could experience things like my Dad. It's like a whole new experience every time we do the same thing we've always done. He just doesn't remember details (and like your Dad, only half listens :laughing:), whereas I remember EVERYTHING.

How funny about your wedding! I'm the same way, really. People are already wanting to plan engagement parties and bridal showers and I don't want any of it! I hate being the center of attention and everyone staring at me while I open things and judging my reactions :rotfl:. I'm a bit mental. I also don't like doing family gatherings right now because they ask all these details and want to know the logistics of everything. I just want to elope! :idea:

Oooooooo! On property!! How exciting! Where are you staying? I'm sure you will love it! :woohoo: We've never stayed off property, but we may in the future. It's just so hard once you have stayed on property :lmao: (although all the extra room sure is nice too, I bet).

Hooray for meeting Lou & Jim!! That is so awesome!

You need to go and listen to the radio shows that Lou does with Jim. Jim's brain is chock FULL of Disney knowledge, its amazing!

You also have to become a Box Person like me! Lou does a live show every Wednesday night, its so much fun!

That is great -glad you got some pics with Lou and Jim to share. As already mentioned, the shows that Jim does with Lou are simply amazing -may I suggest my personal fave ...show #117 @ Disney Studios! Enjoy.

Wow, that sounds like an amazing encounter! I love that they were willing to just stand there and chat with you. Funny, I was just about to log on and post that I hope you didn't keep us in suspense for too long and you already had this update up. How awesome that you got the autographed magazine too. Sounds like they really appreciated your enthusiasm for Disney, too. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Haha, I knew I couldn't hold off too long on posting that update! Plus, that was the one update I was so excited to write and share. I knew that I wouldn't remember those details, so I wrote them down in my trip journal. Every other moment wasn't nearly as important as that one!

They really did appreciate our enthusiasm for Disney! I'm sure they meet all different types of fans, but they seem like the type of people to get along with anyone!

Yeah, I think that's the reason I enjoy the books so much is that I can imagine where the action is actually taking place. I've never been on the cruise so I wouldn't be able to imagine it as well.

Sometimes I wish I could experience things like my Dad. It's like a whole new experience every time we do the same thing we've always done. He just doesn't remember details (and like your Dad, only half listens :laughing:), whereas I remember EVERYTHING.

How funny about your wedding! I'm the same way, really. People are already wanting to plan engagement parties and bridal showers and I don't want any of it! I hate being the center of attention and everyone staring at me while I open things and judging my reactions :rotfl:. I'm a bit mental. I also don't like doing family gatherings right now because they ask all these details and want to know the logistics of everything. I just want to elope! :idea:

Oooooooo! On property!! How exciting! Where are you staying? I'm sure you will love it! :woohoo: We've never stayed off property, but we may in the future. It's just so hard once you have stayed on property :lmao: (although all the extra room sure is nice too, I bet).

I would like to one day go on a Disney cruise though, so I know that I'll see it differently since I'll be reading the book first. I can't go on some rides or pass by certain landmarks at the parks without thinking of KK, so reading the cruise book first is really going to mess me up! Haha.

Eloping makes so much more sense when you're actually engaged! I never thought I'd say that, but I really do think it's so much easier. It also brings back the real reason for getting married. It's just about the two people, not about everyone else and all the accompanying drama!

We're staying at AKL for our Disneymoon! I know I'm going to love being on property, but I think there will always be a part of me that likes being off property and having a car. I think that'll be the biggest adjustment.

Hooray for meeting Lou & Jim!! That is so awesome!

You need to go and listen to the radio shows that Lou does with Jim. Jim's brain is chock FULL of Disney knowledge, its amazing!

You also have to become a Box Person like me! Lou does a live show every Wednesday night, its so much fun!

It really was so completely awesome! GREATEST moment of the trip, and there were definitely many fabulous moments!

I really should go listen to those shows. I used to listen to radio plays all the time (one called Adventures in Odyssey), but then I got used to always working on the computer to do my lesson plans. I stopped listening to things and instead began watching things. If I have something on in the background, it's easier for me to tune it out. If I'm in my room not doing anything, I'll fall asleep! Yes, even if it's about Disney! I'm just tired from work all the time that it's just always nap time!

What's a Box Person?

That is great -glad you got some pics with Lou and Jim to share. As already mentioned, the shows that Jim does with Lou are simply amazing -may I suggest my personal fave ...show #117 @ Disney Studios! Enjoy.

Thanks for reading and the suggestion for which radio show to listen to. I'll definitely have to set time aside to listen!

Friday, April 9: Lights Motor Action

We wandered around after having the long conversation with Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis. So exciting! I could not stop talking about it. Howard must have taken this picture in the meantime.

IMG_4090.jpg

We walked through the Streets of America not to explore but with a purpose.

IMG_4092.jpg

Youse guys. Sad that I've actually heard that said here in NY.

IMG_4096.jpg

This was our destination! Howard was extremely excited to watch this show, but I was not. When we went over the list of things to do at DHS, this was on his must do list.

IMG_4102.jpg

As we walked through the queue, I spotted a Hidden Mickey!

IMG_4104.jpg

Do ya see it?

IMG_4108.jpg

We were able to get decent seats. Thankfully, we got there early enough so that we weren't all the way at the top, but also not too early so that we had to wait around for a long time for the show to start. I can't imagine how bad it would be here during the summer!

IMG_4115.jpg

We never made it to go on the Studio Backlot Tour because it was too late by the time we remembered as the last tram had already departed. This was the only bit we experienced. It was nice though to see Herbie because we have fun memories of Herbie things from VMK (as those of you following my current TR will remember from the Vinylmation opening video).

IMG_4125.jpg

There go the people! Do you see Tower of Terror to the left too? It doesn't look scary from this point of view.

IMG_4126.jpg

You can see the Muppet balloon in this picture.

IMG_4128.jpg

The entertainment during the wait was the trivia questions on the big screen. I didn't know anything, so I just had fun guessing. This was one question that Howard knew.

IMG_4142.jpg

I had to pull my hair back just to keep a little cool. I was also feeling a little dizzy, so it was a good thing that Howard bought a bottle of Sprite for like, $11. Haha, obviously it wasn't that much, but it cost a lot to get a simple Sprite from the machine.

A288.jpg

And soon the show began with this woman introducing the point of the show. I know they need this filler to take up the time so they can set up the next shots, but it's too bad that they can't just do one trick after another.

IMG_4149.jpg

Fromagerie? Full of CHEESE?!?

IMG_4184.jpg

All I have to say is this ... WOW! I absolutely LOVED this show! Like others say, the set-up takes a while, but I was still processing all the stunts that it didn't even bother me that much (and neither did the little baby that was behind me that kept kicking my back, haha; the parents kept apologizing). I loved being surprised by all the things that I didn't know like how in one car, there's a driver that's actually sitting in the back of the car so that it looks as if he knows how to drive really well backwards. So cool!

IMG_4163.jpg

We were both happy campers when this show was over.

A289.jpg

We waited for the initial crowds to walk out because I cannot stand dealing with impatient people. I'd much rather just sit and wait for most people to clear out before heading out ourselves.

A290.jpg

Here we are finally on the ground level. Haha, I started taking a lot of those one-handed shots.

A291.jpg

I can't believe that Howard's hair i so unbelievably long, haha!

A292.jpg

Ooo, you're famous! I had to take a photo of one of the stuntmen.

A293.jpg

We saw one of the red cars backstage too.

IMG_4192.jpg

I love the idea of backstage things, so I liked that the exit brought us this way.

A295.jpg

This was definitely one of the attractions that surprised me. I went in not expecting to like it and just wanting to do it only because Howard wanted to see it, but I really did love it! I can't wait to see it again!

Glad you enjoyed LMA. It's been a while since I last saw it so I think it might be a must-do in April! Plus I hear Lightning McQueen is now in it instead of Herbie (because of Cars 2 last year).

What's a Box Person?

Lou does a weekly live show online every Wednesday night at 7pm. The rest of us are in a chat that he reads while he does the show before & after. He calls us the "Box People" because we are "stuck" inside the box! :lmao: Its such a fun time, you'd love it!

So glad you liked LMA! I love that show! The stunts are incredible! Its always soooooooooo hot in that stadium though! I remember when we went in June and I seriously thought I was going to pass out! I've never felt that hot before, it was not fun. :faint:

Glad you enjoyed LMA. It's been a while since I last saw it so I think it might be a must-do in April! Plus I hear Lightning McQueen is now in it instead of Herbie (because of Cars 2 last year).

It'll definitely be a must see during our next trip! I love a little bit of action in my DHS day!

Lou does a weekly live show online every Wednesday night at 7pm. The rest of us are in a chat that he reads while he does the show before & after. He calls us the "Box People" because we are "stuck" inside the box! :lmao: Its such a fun time, you'd love it!

So glad you liked LMA! I love that show! The stunts are incredible! Its always soooooooooo hot in that stadium though! I remember when we went in June and I seriously thought I was going to pass out! I've never felt that hot before, it was not fun. :faint:

Got ya! It was fun being a box person for a bit, but I admit it was a little dizzying, haha. I'm sure it takes some getting used to. When he was in WDW that day, it was really fun to feel as if I were there at the same time.

Yeah, it's going to be difficult going in May if that's the case. Hopefully, we can be there in April and see it then so we don't have to deal with the super hot stadium in May!

Friday, April 9: Hanging out with Indy

After LMA, we passed by the spot where we had just earlier met Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis. You can see the crates where they were sitting. I wanted to go and take a picture sitting on those same crates, but those kids were hanging around the area.

IMG_4199.jpg

We stopped inside one of the gift shops, and I believe we were waiting on line to see the CMs pins. Haha, yup, we were waiting on the LINE for this at the register! I took some atmosphere shots while there. I thought it was cute how it looked like a nursery.

IMG_4200.jpg

Those duckies on the shelves are a little scary though. They should've picked cuter ones!

IMG_4201.jpg

I was playing around with Howard's camera, but I was still such a newbie at it. This didn't come out the way I wanted it to because of the lack of focus.

IMG_4202.jpg

Those sugar stands always intrigue me because of the choices in color. I would never get that for my own kid though.

IMG_4203.jpg

We left the gift shop and passed by Pizza Planet. I like how the building is for the Dept of Water and Power. Gives it character.

IMG_4204.jpg

I don't know that I'll ever eat here though because I'm not a fan of pizza like other people are. I think it'd have to be more of a specialty pizza (or a thinner crust ... I am a NYer after all!).

IMG_4205.jpg

We also passed by this little snack spot.

IMG_4206.jpg

I liked the name of it. I believe we explored this shop later on in the day.

IMG_4207.jpg

I'd like to come back here at night and see if I can hear the Ewoks and see the flickering lights.

IMG_4209.jpg

Of course, I had to take a picture here. I think it'd be more realistic if I were staring straight ahead. But then again, if I were actually zipping in and out of the trees on this thing, I probably would have a look of fear on my face instead.

IMG_4210.jpg

A quick glance at Tower of Terror and a "Sorry, you're not our type!" and we continued to move on.

IMG_4215.jpg

This was our destination! We made it back for the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Oh wait, I left out EPIC.

IMG_4216.jpg

I was really excited to see this show. When we picked the things we wanted to see that day, Howard definitely wanted to watch LMA. I really wanted to watch this one.

IMG_4219.jpg

We got seats really close to the front, so I was happy about that because I think it's fun to see these stunt shows up close. The only issue that I had was that there was another group that sat in the same row with us and they kept squeezing more and more people. Um, you really didn't have to be so close to me. So gross. I mean, we were a little sweaty already, and we had to wait for the show to start. Oy. Mickey didn't seem to mind though.

IMG_4226.jpg

Glimmering gold. I wonder how much that actually weighs as a prop.

IMG_4234.jpg

I really liked the fact that we were sitting in a spot where we could clearly see Indy coming down from above. I think that's why I really like DHS. I love behind the scenes stuff. I mean, I wouldn't say it's better than MK or Epcot or anything, but it just provides a different experience than the rest of the parks.

IMG_4241.jpg

The show started, and it was time to be amazed! Well, I was hoping to be amazed. Haha, I guess it was way more fun when I was younger.

IMG_4248.jpg

Besides, the Indy didn't look like Steve. When the ball came to roll over him, I didn't have the urge to stand up out of my seat and yell his name. Haha.

IMG_4268.jpg

It was fun watching the scenes change. Makes you realize just how much space there really is in this area. I mean, the sets had to be moved to the side. I guess you just don't notice it from the outside.

IMG_4270.jpg

I especially liked seeing the track where the ball rolls.

A296.jpg

(continued in next post)

(continued from previous post)

Face plant.

A299.jpg

This scene was fun. I remembered all of these things well because we had just watched the Indiana Jones movies within the past year or so.

IMG_4273.jpg

POW POW!

A304.jpg

Un hombre.

A297.jpg

Un trucko.

IMG_4275.jpg

Un hombre con ...

A300.jpg

NEW BALANCE! Haha, both Howard and I wear New Balance. It really helps you last rather long on a Disney day.

A301.jpg

Well, was I satisfied? Um ... it was fun to see that day, but I admit that I was actually kind of disappointed. It wasn't nearly as fun as LMA. I think it's because I remembered it too well from the last time I saw it as a child. So what I learned was that LMA > Indy! I was really surprised! So glad that Howard had chosen to see LMA!

A305.jpg

Rachel, I thought of you the other day when I got my new Celebrations magazine. In the letters there was a family who submitted a picture of themselves with Lou Mongello. You should submit yours! ;)

Rachel, I thought of you the other day when I got my new Celebrations magazine. In the letters there was a family who submitted a picture of themselves with Lou Mongello. You should submit yours! ;)

I was thinking of sending him a link to the DIS update when we met him and Jim Korkis! Haha, I'm not sure though. We stopped getting Celebrations; I miss it, but at the same time, I'm okay without it for right now considering where Howard and I are in life.

I agree, LMA > Indy. :thumbsup2

Seriously! They should do something new in Indy, a new stunt or something if they intend on keeping that show there.

Friday, April 9: DHS Atmosphere

Since Howard and I aren't really into RNR and ToT, we get to spend a lot of time exploring DHS in between shows and attractions. Did Gertie make these footprints?

A306.jpg

We realized at that point that it was useless carrying around the leftover Cobb salad from Brown Derby, so it was time to give it the ol' heave ho. I thought that I would've eaten it right away, but that clearly didn't happen.

A308.jpg

Ooo, is this where all the stuff happens during KK4?!?

IMG_4281.jpg

I specifically wanted to check out the crates around the lake. I was looking for the one that said Bialystock and Bloom because I actually had a chance to watch The Producers on Broadway with Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick.

IMG_4284.jpg

Honk honk, I'm a boat horn.

IMG_4286.jpg

Here are 3 other boxes in the area.

A310.jpg

A311.jpg

A312.jpg

Moving on! There was another thing on our "must-do" list.

IMG_4291.jpg

Where are we going?

A313.jpg

Friday, April 9: Being "Ar-teests"!

Howard and I knew we wanted to experience the Animation Academy. We saw the line to get into the building, but I had read that you can bypass that. I told the CM there that we just wanted to do the Animation Academy, and she pointed to another way through the back. It was confusing for me. I wouldn't be able to remember how to get there even now! Haha.

IMG_4293.jpg

Since this is an OLD trip report, the stuff is kind of dated! Haha, we were very excited to see the Toy Story 3 stuff that was on display. It's really cool being able to see all this behind the scenes stuff! It's fun seeing all of this stuff after having seen the movie.

IMG_4294.jpg

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4299.jpg

IMG_4300.jpg

IMG_4303.jpg

I liked this. One of the original concepts for Buzz Lightyear.

A314.jpg

Shtuff.

IMG_4307.jpg

We just missed the next class, but I wasn't that upset with that because I knew I didn't want to sit in the front on a stool having to draw on my lap. I had read about that in someone's TR. Since the waiting area had emptied out, we had the opportunity to just sit and wait. We didn't want to meet any characters or anything, so it was some rest time for us. It was also the perfect time to look at the pins we had traded for at this point.

A316.jpg

We also closely examined the magazine pages that Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis signed for us.

A318.jpg

A317.jpg

Waiting for class to start! This is the good kind of class to take!

A321.jpg

Gotta love the animator's desk! Reminds me so much of Virtual Magic Kingdom.

A322.jpg

I think people who know how to draw are so skilled. I can't at all draw the way these people can!

A323.jpg

Ready to learn!

IMG_4314.jpg

This would be a MUCH easier experience for Howard! He's a lot more artistic than I am. He even designed our wedding invitations!

A325.jpg

Let's compare. This one is mine. I think a pretty awesome job, if I do say so myself.

IMG_4319.jpg

Then I looked at Howard's, haha. Oh man, his is so much better! I followed the animator's directions really well, but Howard said that the reason why his Donald looks more "realistic" than mine is because I made sure that everything was symmetrical on mine. Even though I thought the whole experience was going to be stressful, it was actually really fun!

IMG_4317.jpg

We were the last to leave, and I wanted to make sure I got a shot of the room and all the desks. I liked that the stools were connected to the benches and that they swung out. Very clever designing so that the stools wouldn't get messed up and out of place but no one would trip over them when entering or exiting.

A330.jpg

We exited and saw some Snow White stuff.

IMG_4320.jpg

Proud of our drawings!

A331.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

We looked at some of the art stuff before we left. I think we also asked for a rubber band too from the CM. I don't remember if there were any rubber bands, but we might have gotten a paper clip (or vice versa).

A332.jpg

We were having so much fun without much of a plan. We got to experience everything and anything that we wanted without worrying about meeting up with other people. Disney touring with 2 is rather simple!

Umm hello?! Your drawing is so fantastic also!! I cannot see anything wrong with it and how you say that Weird's is better. They are both awesome! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Agreed, both your drawings turned out great! I love the Animation Academy!

Umm hello?! Your drawing is so fantastic also!! I cannot see anything wrong with it and how you say that Weird's is better. They are both awesome! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Haha, thanks! I really did like my drawing considering I'm horrible at drawing. I see all these things in my mind, but I can never get them on paper. I'm more about tracing, haha.

Agreed, both your drawings turned out great! I love the Animation Academy!

It was so much fun! Haha, although I admit it was a LITTLE bit stressful!

Friday, April 9: Movie Mania

Our next stop was Pixar Place because our fast passes were ready! Did you guys read that now they might be a bit more strict about the return time window?

IMG_4325.jpg

Wouldn't it be cool to work in one of those offices? We passed by the Narnia exhibit, and part of me wanted to see it just because I know a lot of people don't like it. I really liked the Narnia movies (well, Prince Caspian wasn't really the greatest). We didn't go though. There were more important things to do!

IMG_4329.jpg

The FP line of Toy Story Mania is so much more fun than the standby line! I mean, I know it's amazingly designed and that there are a ton of things to look at, but the FP line means getting on the ride faster!

IMG_4331.jpg

Plus, they don't leave ya hanging! They have some of Andy's drawings to admire.

IMG_4332.jpg

It's Howard as a crayon and me! Just kidding. Howard's green isn't this dark (our wedding colors).

IMG_4334.jpg

Howard beat me, but that's a-okay! I really like the fact that it's a lot easier to aim for the higher point targets. During the first ride in the morning, I was just shooting everywhere. During the second ride, I was a bit more cautious so as not to tire my arm out. Haha, my arm was still killing me though at the end of it.

IMG_4336.jpg

I'm curious to see the newer games with the new characters.

IMG_4338.jpg

Moving on to the Great Movie Ride! Earlier in the day, there was a longer line in that there were people outside.

IMG_4340.jpg

They were able to get us on that vehicle with no problem because they wanted to fit 2 more people on. No waiting at all! They told us to duck under all the railings. So in no time, we were visiting with Mary and Bert.

IMG_4341.jpg

Since we were so up close, we were able to witness more of the interaction with the CM mobster who overtakes the vehicle. I know the kids near us did NOT like him because he had said, "What're you lookin' at?"

IMG_4342.jpg

He sat down and relaxed and kept making comments to the man sitting next to him. It was rather entertaining because he wasn't interacting with us, haha. I did get a little scared during parts of the ride though, including the alien part. Nothing really popped out, but the anticipation of it scared me, haha.

IMG_4345.jpg

Got our own CM back, yay!

IMG_4347.jpg

The ride vehicle in front of us was empty, but the CM was still performing the routine. I wonder if she was new and was practicing.

IMG_4350.jpg

I had Howard take a picture lower so that I could see the vehicle on the track. Love it! I remember seeing pictures of a Tables in Wonderland thing where they actually held an event in this room. Pretty cool! I wouldn't necessary want to be in Oz, but it must be awesome to be able to say you've eaten there.

IMG_4352.jpg

The other funny part about this ride is that we stopped by the Tarzan scene for a while. Tarzan swung by so many times over and over again with the dialogue repeating itself over and over again that we all started laughing! Haha. That was entertaining. This ride does seem a bit antiquated, but it's nice to be off your feet for a bit!

Fun times! How cool that you got to meet Lou Mongello and Jim Korkis! I'm afraid I would not have recognized them, though. Would've just kept right on going...:laughing:

And I do think both of your Donald drawings are great! We finally went to the Animation Academy on our last trip! It was so much fun! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!