Weight Loss Surgery and Dining Plan

goldnvalli

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney for 6 nights. I almost going with my sister and 2 children, they are considered disney adults. My sister and I both i both have had weight loss surgery and do not eat much. So my question is when using the dining plan at a ts restaurant, would be able to order one dish and share and then only use one credit?

We don't do the dining plans but I can say that you won't be able to eat at any pay one price meal. One of our daughter's friends came with us after having weight loss surgery and when we went to Ohana - we had to order her a meal - even though she barely ate. We mostly ate at regular restaurants - and she just ate off of our kids plates but again we weren't on a dining plan.

So long as it is not a buffet (AYCTE) or Via Napoli you can share. We have never had an issue with that at any restaurant.

You can share meals (use one credit to feed two or more) at almost all of the Table Service restaurants where you order from a menu. The one exception is Via Napoli which strictly enforces the dining plan and requires each person to use a credit. You can use the credit on the individual sized pizza or a non-pizza entree, but you cannot combine credits to order the larger size pizza.

You cannot share and everyone will be charged a credit at buffets, All You Care To Eat family style meals (e.g. 'Ohana, Garden Grill), fixed price meals (e.g. CRT, Akershus), dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha Luau, Mickey's Backyard Barbecue), dining packages (e.g. Fantasmic, ROL), dessert parties (e.g. MK. Star Wars, ), special events (e.g. Dine With an Imagineer, F&W special events) and the Family Platter at Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Thanks for the info. I knew about the all you can eat places. We do not have any reservations for those restaurants. I think I'm more curious about 2 credit restaurants like California Grill. I hope we can share there.

Is there a reason you want the dining plan? I also have had WLS. I typically avoid buffets which are simply not worth it for me. I often order from the children's menu or have an appetizer. Works fine for me and much cheaper.

Unless you are wedded to the DP, you may want to consider OOP, especially where the kiddos are considered Disney adults. Just a thought.

Is there a reason you want the dining plan? I also have had WLS. I typically avoid buffets which are simply not worth it for me. I often order from the children's menu or have an appetizer. Works fine for me and much cheaper.

Unless you are wedded to the DP, you may want to consider OOP, especially where the kiddos are considered Disney adults. Just a thought.

We got the free dining pronation and we like to try the fancy restaurants. My family prefers the dining plan. We were on the dining plan last summer 2
Months out from my surgery. It worked out well because my son was considered a child so I ate his meal and he ate mine. Now that he's 10 he is now considered a Disney adult. I was just wondering if I could share with my sister on the plan. We do not go to any all you can eats.

I've had weight loss surgery and currently at Disney, the dining plan is not worth it. My wife had surgery as well and we still can't eat one plate a food combined for breakfast lunch or dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter