Wednesday 17th St Patty’s Day

highlander447

<font color=green>It's a dirty job but someones go
The Cast: Me 30 something total planner for holiday
DW 30 something likes a quiet life
DD 13 going on 21 total poser has an answer for everything
DS 10 nearly 11 loves soccer and winding us up
This morning we had decided to go to Ponderosa for breakfast we got the shuttle to WnW and walked over to Ponderosa plenty to eat for everyone we where $25 incl tip for the 4 of us 3 adult breakfast and 1 child 4 juices pretty good value for what’s on offer after we had satisfied our selves we wandered down I-Drive and bought some presents for people back home also got a nice pair of sandals for myself at payless shoes we then went to Walgreen’s opp WnW got water, juice, chips etc DW got some new shorts & tops as well I also bought one of their international calling cards waste of money could not get it to work, there help line waste of time kept getting disconnected very disappointing we called for a taxi from the front of the store and where back in hotel for 1 pm we off loaded our bags and headed over to IOA weather was now nice & sunny we did Hulk 4 times 30 minutes posted wait time 60 min (FOTL priceless) we also did spider man few times , storm force & Dr Doom DD chickened out of DR Doom (didn’t really blame her) we then shopped in toon lagoon my DW discovered that she could have packages delivered to the room ( I tried to keep this a secret ) needless to say Betty Boop shop got good business from my wallet we then did Blutos it was a 90 min wait we waited 10 min top it was now about 3 pm so we headed over to USO to do a few shows Beetlejuice very good still funny, Terminator shrek etc all done as it was St Patty’s day I wanted to try Finnegan’s for a beer we got there about 6 pm happy hour was still going strong I was surprised at how this place was always not too busy the singer was in full flow as soon as he spotted my DS in his Celtic football top (the team has Irish links) he got my son on stage to help with his act there where also free whisky and free rum being passed around and plenty of beads we asked if there was time for us to have a meal and they informed is although park was closing at 7 pm they where staying open till 9 pm so we got a table and ordered our meal the food here is excellent DW had the chicken sandwich, I had the corned beef sandwich, DS had fish & chips & DD had Philly cheese steak 2 kids juices 1 soft drink 1 chocolate cake, 1 Grand Marinier Crème Brule the kids had 2 make your own sundaes after discount $49.38 excellent value and the food was delicious the corned beef sandwich was beautiful not like the corned beef we have here also u get a free sample of Irish bread with apple sauce still warm freshly baked we stayed there till nearly 9 pm it was a good night, we then returned to our room as we are up at 4.30 am tomorrow for the balloon trip made the kids go to bed for 9.30 pm I had nice glass of my red wine then off to sleep
More to follow
:jester:

I was glad to read something about Finnegans. I have wanted to go there but never fit it in and had never heard anyone talk about it here. It sounds like you had a good meal for a good value. Thanks for sharing your reports!

really enjoying your trip reports!!:sunny:

using the wet and wild shuttle- are their many restaurnats or shops in this area to walk to?
did they let you off before WnW or did you have a long walk to international drive from WnW?
approximately how much did the taxi cost to take back to the hotel from beltz factory outlet mall?

would appreciate any info- we were thinking of renting a car for one day to go to international drive- but if we can get the shuttle to WNW then maybe we won't need the rental

thanks a bunch

:jester: lisa

We used the shuttle only when it was leaving at the same time as us to save our legs WnW is right on I-Drive so its prety convenient its about a 15 min walk from RPR to I-Drive ataxi to WnW from RPR $6 with tip to SW $15 with tip Beltz $11 with tip

THANKS very much for the pricing info!!:sunny:

lisa

I enjoy reading your trip reports but I have a question. Why do you use run on sentences? It makes it very difficult to read, maybe it's just me....

Great report! Noah- now, now, this is not english class!!!!;)

Thanks for sharing! Another fun filled day!

Yeah I am just a Jock and we don't do so well with the English
:tongue:

:D Even us english dont do so well with our english!;) Wish we could have been there to meet you ! Maybe next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter