Wedding Pavilion Question

PH7

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I was wondering, if you have a DFTW do you have to do every portion of your wedding at Disney? i.e. Ceremony & Reception. I would like to book Wedding Pavillon for 100 guests, & look at having my reception off-site (fiancé would like off-property, but I am open to on-site).

Thank You!

Hello All,

I was wondering, if you have a DFTW do you have to do every portion of your wedding at Disney? i.e. Ceremony & Reception. I would like to book Wedding Pavillon for 100 guests, & look at having my reception off-site (fiancé would like off-property, but I am open to on-site).

Thank You!

I think you can have an offsite ceremony and just do the reception at WDW but I don't think you can do the reverse.

With the Escape package, you can do just the ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion and then have your reception wherever you want, but the maximum number of guests allowed at the ceremony is 18.

With Wishes, you can have as many guests as you want and you can have your ceremony off-site, but you are required to have the reception on-site via Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. The reception is how they make their money.

The only way to do this would be to just invite your 18 closest friends and family to an Escape ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion and then hold the reception for 100 someplace else.

With the Escape package, you can do just the ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion and then have your reception wherever you want, but the maximum number of guests allowed at the ceremony is 18.

With Wishes, you can have as many guests as you want and you can have your ceremony off-site, but you are required to have the reception on-site via Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. The reception is how they make their money.

The only way to do this would be to just invite your 18 closest friends and family to an Escape ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion and then hold the reception for 100 someplace else.
Thank You & I LOVE all your content. I will most likely do my reception at the Grand then. I was think of doing it in celebration to tie in the Disney history, but if I am unable to do just the ceremony then i'll just do everything on property. Thanks again!

I'm doing my ceremony at Disney (Escape) and then having my reception at Swan and Dolphin so that I don't have to pay all the crazy minimums for a Wishes package. Swan and Dolphin are awesome to work with! I'm having those not in my guest count be "lurkers" as my ceremony is at an outside location so they can kind of look on from a few steps back. To give you an idea, I'm having the 18 with Escape and then about 60 at my reception! Just another option that's out there if it works for your situation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts