Website Down for Maintenance - Again and Often

so i finally spoke with MS to make my january reservation- she said the phones have been crazy because everyone is calling to book the Animal Kingdom event... she said that whatever information went out was incorrect but everyone thinks it opened today for booking.

I tried to modify a vacation a few minutes ago and the website was down. Apparently they should not have outsourced their IT department, JMHO.

I've been trying since last night - can't see Kidani and couldn't attempt a booking at Jambo. This has been a frustrating week with the DVC site, for sure!

One would think that such a global organization with resources to the very best IT imaginable would be able to get and keep a website "in-check". I called this evening re: Kidani split stay. MS said no one can see to book Kidani, Vero, or Hilton Head. It has been 3 days of disappearing resorts and a week of computer problems - let's get it together Disney!

Last edited:

I just had the three nights I wanted pop up at the Poly, and of course the site went down in the middle of booking and it's lost now :-(.

:headache:We have been trying to book today. Login is taking forever. We saw three nights at Boardwalk available and went through the booking process, it splashed up the screen you have 20 min to book, marked which resort to borrow from and tried to book. It flipped it back to the search page instead of booking. Now one of the nights is gone.:headache: Called MS and they said only two nights available. There is something still wrong. It removed a night from our reservation while we were making it. I wonder if MS can do that?

We also keep getting errors on the web page
"Service Unavailable. We're sorry. The services required to complete your transaction are unavailable. Pleas try again in a few minutes." I tried to tell the agent this keeps happening and he wouldn't admit there was a problem. I'm going to send an email.

I cannot believe how long it is taking for them to fix this update. have been trying off and on all week, many times a day and it never completes, just looking to ad a night in Dec and do a quick 3 nights in mid Sept. Driving me nuts.

I just tried to book and it errored during the process. Now on hold with MS. How can you run a business like this?

Just me.... ex IT Research, fortune 500....

I get angry over Disney's "non business experiment" (won't dignify it as a website).... but mostly? I'm starting to feel SORRY for them. It's like looking at an innocent Chimp, trying to make a spaceship with rocks :(.

Since this last incident affected more than just DVC, I'm quite sure they are "all over it" When reservations and park operations are impacted, there is some major revenue impact. Best (and only) thing we can do about it is to send our complaints to Member Satisfaction &/or Guest Relations.

Just called to add a request and got all the way through, then the phone rang and rang, at least 20 times before I hung up. It's not that important, so will try again tomorrow. I've been waiting so that I didn't tie up the phone for those booking rooms, but see again today, nothing has changed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!