We went to the first Mickey Halloween Party, any questions?

We did not make it to the toon town pre party but I've done it before. I wish we had done TT instead of DCA, I was excited to see e decorations in DCA but they were not worth the time. The entrance to DCA was the coolest though!
They had an AP photo spot, but no treat trail that I saw and I don't see anything other than the photo spot on the map. I don't know who it was but it was in New Orleans right in between the main walkway and the treat trail that runs along the river.

Did you meet characters? Interested especially in villains. Does anyone have the times of the parades and fireworks? I've tried googling and I can't find times anywhere.

Where is the best place to view the fireworks and parade??

Main Street but keep in mind, you will be giving up a large chunk of time. Last year we were right in front of the entrance to Tomorrow land/ Rockets and we had a great spot for both. This year we were across from the bathrooms by Alice in Wonderland and it was great for the parade and the CM said we could walk towards Main Street after the parade to se the fireworks. There was a huge mass of people behind the parade trying to get to Main Street to see the fireworks but then the parade stalled so they eventually dispersed. The fire works were delayed so we went on rides but our friends saw it from Main Street and they said they were cool! Not worth the time commitment in my opinion though, especially with what happened and could happen any night.....the people in front of the castle invested almost half of their party time to stake out s spot and then wait for the delayed parade and then the delayed fireworks. The parade was worth it though and only about an hour commitment for us. We ate candy and went on the treat trail right behind us while we waited. And rested our feet! We walked 9.4 miles last night!!!

Did you meet characters? Interested especially in villains. Does anyone have the times of the parades and fireworks? I've tried googling and I can't find times anywhere.

Headless horseman ride 8:40, 10:20.....he came by us at 8:50
Parade 8:50, 10:30. Parade went by us at at about 9:05
Fireworks 9:30, I would say they went off about 9:45 for us
Cadaver Dans hourly starting at 7 until 10 and then also 10:45

Sorry no characters for us, lines were looooooong though there were characters at the Halloween Dance Party in Tomorrow land

Maps says
Disney Pirate Pals: frontierland dock
Disney princessses fantasy fairy
Villains: town square, Main Street
Winnie and friend: critter country
Mickey and Minnie: frontierland
Friends from Aladdin: Aladdin Oasis
Jack and Sally: New Orleans Square

We did not make it to the toon town pre party but I've done it before. I wish we had done TT instead of DCA, I was excited to see e decorations in DCA but they were not worth the time. The entrance to DCA was the coolest though!
They had an AP photo spot, but no treat trail that I saw and I don't see anything other than the photo spot on the map. I don't know who it was but it was in New Orleans right in between the main walkway and the treat trail that runs along the river.

If the AP info about it on the website is accurate, it's just a magic shot with Zero. Which is pretty disappointing if that's all they're offering APs this year. It's not even a special meet and greet let alone a special treat.

Which, sadly based on the AP Facebook response to someone, sounds like all there is :(

If the AP info about it on the website is accurate, it's just a magic shot with Zero. Which is pretty disappointing if that's all they're offering APs this year. It's not even a special meet and greet let alone a special treat.

Which, sadly based on the AP Facebook response to someone, sounds like all there is :(
The AP photo line was huge too.

One of the ways I was able to sell DH on the added cost of the Halloween party this year was the assurance we'd be able to hit rides with almost no wait time. Did you find that to be true? I've read a few reviews from previous years (mainly from Yelp) where people reported bad lines, which is very different from what I've heard here on the disboards.

What kind of candy/treats did they have this year?
All name brand stuff....milky ways, kit kat, snickers, Swedish fish, skittles etc. for the "other" treats it was fruits crisps, goldfish grahams, pretzels, chips, pirates bootythat kind of thing. I got three gallon sized plastic bags jammed full. So much candy, great variety....though I got about 100 Baby Ruth's :crazy2:

One of the ways I was able to sell DH on the added cost of the Halloween party this year was the assurance we'd be able to hit rides with almost no wait time. Did you find that to be true? I've read a few reviews from previous years (mainly from Yelp) where people reported bad lines, which is very different from what I've heard here on the disboards.

I've been five years in a row and every year, for us, the lines have been ridiculously short. This year, everything was literally walk on. We entered Disneyland at 6ish. Matterhorn had maybe 5 people in line, we got on the ride in less than 2 minutes. Then we went on Space Mountain, literally walked onto the loading zone. No wait at all. Then Buzz, again complete and total walk on. Then we did the parade. Then BTMRR walked straight onto the train, twice. Then Spalsh mountain, again walked straight on. Walked past Haunted Mansion, that was a posted 15 minute wait. Looked about that. Walked past Pirate, no one was in line. Then Indiana Jones, this was our longest wait at about 2.5 minutes lol. My friends did ST during the parade, no wait. And I think I'm missing a few rides!
This was the shortest lines we've experienced but previous years have been close to this.

The treat trail kines were huge so we didn't get any candy. They didn't even give you a starter handful with your bag like they did at WDW last year.

We did Space twice during the party. Waited less than 5 min both times- first at 7:30 and then immediately after the fireworks. At 7:30 it was posted as 20 but was basically dead. We also did Snow White and Mr. Toad and they were dead. PPF we didn't do, but the line was significantly shorter than the norm. Matterhorn was dead too. Alice looked like 15 min wait or so. We were going to do Indy but they stopped the ride right before we got on because some idiot dropped something on the ride and they shut down the whole thing. We ended up leaving because we needed to get a spot for the parade. Before the breakdown it was posted 10 but I think it was more like 15.

Yes the railroad is open.

All name brand stuff....milky ways, kit kat, snickers, Swedish fish, skittles etc. for the "other" treats it was fruits crisps, goldfish grahams, pretzels, chips, pirates bootythat kind of thing. I got three gallon sized plastic bags jammed full. So much candy, great variety....though I got about 100 Baby Ruth's :crazy2:

We haven't been to the parties since ours kids were younger, but the years we went, we didn't have to buy much for our trick-or-treaters on Halloween - we just gave whatever we didn't like from our Disney haul! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter