We Wants The Rum or Do We? April Trip Report! Complete! New TR in my signature 8/26**

Your new phone took some fabulous pics!

Your meals at DS sound delicious! Sounds like a great first day!!

The room looks really nice :thumbsup2

Yum! This looks SO good :thumbsup2

I can sympathize with the early morning flight and being tired - my flight is at 6am on Monday which will mean a 3am wake up call :scared1: The things we do for Disney ;)

Your room looks lovely! Though I have to say I completely understand the whole white sheets thing :faint:

Sounds like a lovely end to your day! Excited to hear about this donut... :thumbsup2
Your trip is coming soon, yay! From reports, it looks like WDW is not real busy right now, that would be awesome for you!
Fontera was a good choice for us, it was very delicious and something different.
The older I get the more the little things bug me, why? I don’t want to be one of those crabby old ladies :rotfl:
A clean room and pristine white bedding is a must!
I’ve never noticed what the printing says on the Rapunzel photos. Such a cute detail.

Your dinner looks amazing. I don’t see a lot of FC reviews & have been wondering if it’s any good. We plan on going to DS a couple of times on our next trip & we haven’t decided where to eat. I made an ADR for Raglan Road but dh has no interest in eating there. I really booked it for dd5 because she would enjoy the dancers. FC will go on the list of possibilities.

Your room looks nice. We’re staying there for our last AP trip this summer. I put in a request for that building I hopes of getting a refurbed room, near the lobby & not too far from the pool.
Fontera was a winner for us, something new and yummy! We have been to Raglan Road once and I really liked it, Andi thought it was meh! We were there at lunch so we didn’t see the dancers! I would like to see them one day.
I really liked the room location, so close to everything. The refurbished room was very nice and the bathroom redesign I loved. I think this resort is my very favorite of moderates!:bounce:

Your new phone took some fabulous pics!

Your meals at DS sound delicious! Sounds like a great first day!!

The room looks really nice :thumbsup2
I finally figured out how to resize and edit my iPhone pictures as well with a new app! It helps a lot
I would highly recommend Fontera. I think if my ears hadn’t been plugged the acoustics would have been better.
Yay! To the refurbished rooms.:cheer2:

It is! I have a really tough day ahead tomorrow at work and then I'm home free :thumbsup2 I'm so hoping the crowds stay light while I'm there! ::yes:: That would definitely be awesome!

I agree 100% :thumbsup2 :laughing:

Good luck today at work:thumbsup2 The last day before vacation is always busy at work, ugh! Nice to have a few days off before your trip to get into vacation mode!

Here is to hoping your room is clean and the all white bedding is white!!:rotfl: Are you staying at the Pop?

Joining in! That bus ride is quite the start to a vacation, wow! Hope he gets more comfortable with the routes quickly!
Looks like you had a great first day! Love the pics!

We decided to check out the Storybook circus area, the smell in the gift shop is so good.
Isn't it? I love going in there and usually get my favorite big Mickey head chocolate chip cookie from there instead of the Confectionary just so I can smell it inside :cloud9:

We walked over to PoTC to check the wait time and this had a 50 minute wait, very odd because SM and BTMRR only had 20-25 minute wait times. I guess everyone was checking out the new scene Arr.! pirate:
:sad2: NOT a fan of the new scene!

We had a fun ride with the hitchhiking ghosts and the scary bride in the attic. She is creepy.
The attic is my favorite scene and both my boys hate it lol.

We headed to Basin for some fun handwashing with the great body scrubs. It was so fun to see these older men in there, washing their hands and loving the smells in Basin.
So funny you say this! Steve came in to Basin at the GF with me for the first time a few days ago and while I was picking out some soaps, he used the body scrub. I turned around and he was singing the scrubs praises with another man as they were both drying their hands :laughing: Then when we met up with my stepson the next day he said he did it at the Basin in DS and was amazed at how soft his hands were afterwards!

The controversial shampoo, conditioner, and body wash dispensers. I didn’t mind them.
We had them at Pop this week, first time for us. I didn't really like it................

I can sympathize with the early morning flight and being tired - my flight is at 6am on Monday which will mean a 3am wake up call :scared1: The things we do for Disney ;)
Whoo, 3 days!!! The early morning flights are tough at the time but worth it when you get there. Last Sat. I was up at 2 am for our flight :scared1: But I lasted until 10 in the parks!

Good luck today at work:thumbsup2
Thank you! Indeed I survived :laughing:

The last day before vacation is always busy at work, ugh! Nice to have a few days off before your trip to get into vacation mode!
It's so true! I'm happy to have a couple days to wind down from work and gear up for vacation ::yes::

Here is to hoping your room is clean and the all white bedding is white!!:rotfl: Are you staying at the Pop?
:rotfl: Yes! Here's to hoping! Yep, staying at Pop this trip :thumbsup2

Joining in! That bus ride is quite the start to a vacation, wow! Hope he gets more comfortable with the routes quickly!
Looks like you had a great first day! Love the pics!
Worse bus experience for us at WDW ever! :welcome:Glad to have you joining in!
Isn't it? I love going in there and usually get my favorite big Mickey head chocolate chip cookie from there instead of the Confectionary just so I can smell it inside :cloud9:

:sad2: NOT a fan of the new scene!

The attic is my favorite scene and both my boys hate it lol.

So funny you say this! Steve came in to Basin at the GF with me for the first time a few days ago and while I was picking out some soaps, he used the body scrub. I turned around and he was singing the scrubs praises with another man as they were both drying their hands :laughing: Then when we met up with my stepson the next day he said he did it at the Basin in DS and was amazed at how soft his hands were afterwards!

We had them at Pop this week, first time for us. I didn't really like it................

Whoo, 3 days!!! The early morning flights are tough at the time but worth it when you get there. Last Sat. I was up at 2 am for our flight :scared1: But I lasted until 10 in the parks!
Welcome back from your most recent trip! Storybook treats is my favorite spot in MK, we go in there at least 10x a visit:flower:
Spoiler alert, my title has to do with the PoTC scene, I agree with you!
The controversial dispensers is a big topic here. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner so I just used the body wash from there, it was okay. I do agree with it being a bit tacky! With the prices we pay our toiletries should be brought to us on a silver platter:laughing:
How was the Pop we are staying there for the first 4 nights in August before we move to WL!
Thank you! Indeed I survived :laughing:

It's so true! I'm happy to have a couple days to wind down from work and gear up for vacation ::yes::

:rotfl: Yes! Here's to hoping! Yep, staying at Pop this trip :thumbsup2

Have an awesome trip, let me know what you think of the new redhead scene at Pirates:wave2:

Happy Mother’s Day to all you awesome moms out there!!
3EE0F229-EFD1-40A1-B756-E2B81C734E75.jpeg

I am sitting alone on Mother’s Day this morning so I thought I would start my next update. Don’t feel bad for me, I love it. Andi had prom last night so she is at a friend’s house in town, Hubby is at a dog trial. He is the dog man! He trains and runs field trials with our labs. Jack is in North Dakota at college so I am hanging out in solitude! I will have a nice dinner later with Joe and Andi! I sure miss Jack, wish we could see him more often. He is 24 but still my toy story, lion king, and Star Wars loving little boy! Here is a picture of my two babies when they were little.:sad:
E72F3CED-17E0-4472-8253-350A86398F86.jpeg

Household items were all they needed back then to play with:rotfl:

Day 2. A day at USO and the best donut ever!!!:dance3:

The new beds at FQ were very comfortable. They are beauty rest in case anyone is wondering. I was not a fan of the super soft, marshmallow like pillows. These were not good for my neck. So, I did not sleep very well this first night. This is not unusual for me but the pillows were part of the problem. I was up by 0600! I got ready in the big bathroom, even made my coffee in there:coffee:. Andi was roused and we were ready to go by 07:30. We chose Uber and this worked very well. The cost from FQ was $15.00+tip. We had a great driver, he use to work in MK. We arrived to USO before 0800!

We were dropped off in a great spot. If you Uber, you are dropped right at the bottom of the security area for USO. We took the stairs up and did the easiest security check ever!! Cmon Disney take a note from USO, it is like the airport, put your backpack in a bin, it is X-rayed and you walk through the metal detector. It is simple and many people can go through quickly. This trip I was stuck in super long security lines at WDW all the time, ugh! If it wasn’t for my need to carry Andi’s epi-pen I would have gone bag less everyday! Andi did! A mom’s work is never done right!
IMG_May132018at84017AM.jpg

We were in at USO, it was a beautiful morning. Our first stop was to check out the New Voodoo Donut shop. We must have timed it just right because we walked right in, ordered, and took a few pictures with virtually no one in the shop. We then turned to leave and the line was out the door, wow! We lucked out. I went with the Voodoo man donut, mine was so fresh and tasted so good. It had chocolate icing and was filled with a raspberry sauce. This was the best donut I have had in ages! I have read some reviews about this shop and some said the donuts were not real fresh. Mine was so fresh, maybe they got there act together after being open for awhile. Andi had the Captain Crunch coated round donut, she loved hers as well. I ate my whole donut, which is a lot for me. I was in sugar heaven! Andi could not finish hers.
IMG_May132018at82528AM.jpg IMG_May132018at82557AM.jpg IMG_May132018at82622AM.jpg
We headed to US side first, we were let in to the front of the park and had to wait until 0900 because we were not resort guests. The last time we did this, it was really low crowds and the wonderful TM let us in with the resort guests, it was so nice. This didn’t happen today but The Minions ride was open so we were able to do this with no wait. We had a fun ride with Gru, Minions, and the girls.
IMG_May132018at83739AM.jpg

We were let in the rest of the park at 0850 so this was awesome. We of course headed to Diagon Alley, this is such an amazing immersion into HP world. It is a true HP fan’s dream! We went straight to Gringotts and it was a walk on. We even had our own elevator to the ride area, so cool! This was a fun ride, the only bummer was the voices were not matching up to the characters so a little off, we still enjoyed it. During our time in DA, Andi did the virtual queue for the new ride Fast and Furious. This is a nice option at US, you can also do it for Jimmy Fallon ride. It gives you a time to return so your wait is less.
IMG_May132018at82651AM.jpg

We headed over to the ride after Gringotts, FF is where the old Disaster attraction was and if I am not wrong, the old Earthquake attraction?? We did not need our virtual pass, we walked right on, very long queue, with a car shop area.
I don’t want to be a Debbie downer, but this ride was bad. If you don’t want to be spoiled by my review don’t read the next few lines. This Is a virtual bus ride, being chased by the FBI, the screen scenes to me were like a bad version of the popular Grand Theft Auto game. It was really loud and just dumb in my opinion. Now understand, I am not a fan of the FF movies or Video games. Andi is from the video game generation and she hated the ride as well. I would say try it out for yourself, but, if it is super busy do not wait long for this ride!!!
IMG_May132018at82830AM.jpg

We decided to head back in DA after FF to get some pictures and a butter beer. I opted for a gilly water, I was sugared out at this time from my donut. Gilly water is just a bottled water nothing special, just a HP name. Andi had the regular butter beer. I did sneak a sip. We tried to do the virtual queue for JF ride but it wouldn’t work.:confused3

We headed over toward that area and Andi had a ride on the Mummy! I passed because I freak out on this ride for some reason. It is a great ride for you adrenaline junkies but my 2x is enough:rotfl2:The JF ride only had a 5 minute wait so we did this. I thought it was okay. I like the studio waiting area, so fun. We saw the panda bear and of course, my picture didn’t turn out. It is another virtual screen ride. The park was not to crowded so we went on Transformers with very little wait and Andi did the Rip ride rocket, single rider line. You could not get me on this unless I was guaranteed one million dollars after the ride.
IMG_May132018at83116AM.jpg

Cont in the next post more pictures from our morning and I will write the next portion soon. We head into IOA via the Hogwarts Express!!

Your meal at Frontera looks great. We are huge top chef fans too and enjoyed watching Rick Bayless on there. Jason's made a few of his recipes too and they are always amazing. I'll have to see if that guacamole is in one of the books we have as that sounds amazing.

Your room at POFQ looks awesome. We stayed there a few years ago before the refurb and the rooms were definitely a lot.

Happy Mothers Day Caroline! Hope you have a good dinner.

I am sitting alone on Mother’s Day this morning so I thought I would start my next update. Don’t feel bad for me, I love it. Andi had prom last night so she is at a friend’s house in town, Hubby is at a dog trial. He is the dog man! He trains and runs field trials with our labs. Jack is in North Dakota at college so I am hanging out in solitude! I will have a nice dinner later with Joe and Andi! I sure miss Jack, wish we could see him more often. He is 24 but still my toy story, lion king, and Star Wars loving little boy! Here is a picture of my two babies when they were little.:sad:

Happy Mother's Day!

I don’t want to be a Debbie downer, but this ride was bad. If you don’t want to be spoiled by my review don’t read the next few lines. This Is a virtual bus ride, being chased by the FBI, the screen scenes to me were like a bad version of the popular Grand Theft Auto game. It was really loud and just dumb in my opinion. Now understand, I am not a fan of the FF movies or Video games. Andi is from the video game generation and she hated the ride as well. I would say try it out for yourself, but, if it is super busy do not wait long for this ride!!!

It was awful! As for the line Josh called it "waiting in line: the ride" :rotfl: since the queue was better than the whole ride, and we spent quite awhile waiting even with the virtual pass.

Happy belated Mother's Day, I hope you had a great day!

Yum your donuts look good! Glad they tasted good too!

Andi looks adorable in her HP outfit!

Sounds like the morning is off to a great start!

Your meal at Frontera looks great. We are huge top chef fans too and enjoyed watching Rick Bayless on there. Jason's made a few of his recipes too and they are always amazing. I'll have to see if that guacamole is in one of the books we have as that sounds amazing.

Your room at POFQ looks awesome. We stayed there a few years ago before the refurb and the rooms were definitely a lot.

Happy Mothers Day Caroline! Hope you have a good dinner.
Thank you Kari, I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day
Fontera was very good, delicious guacamole!
I enjoyed the refurbished rooms at FQ, the only negative is not much Disney themes. I don’t mind that since there is so much in the parks:mickeyjum

Happy Mother's Day!

It was awful! As for the line Josh called it "waiting in line: the ride" :rotfl: since the queue was better than the whole ride, and we spent quite awhile waiting even with the virtual pass.
Thank you!
I agree on the ride it was awful! Such a shame it wasn’t better. I thought for some reason, not sure why, it was going to be like test track :confused3 The queue was better than the ride especially if you like cars!
I hope you had a wonderful trip. I enjoyed your photos on FB and I am excited for your TR.

Happy belated Mother's Day, I hope you had a great day!

Yum your donuts look good! Glad they tasted good too!

Andi looks adorable in her HP outfit!

Sounds like the morning is off to a great start!
Thank you!
The donuts were really delicious, definitely a good way to start the morning.
Ahh Thanks, she got many compliments during the day
Beautiful weather and fairly low crowds made it a great morning.

agree on the ride it was awful! Such a shame it wasn’t better. I thought for some reason, not sure why, it was going to be like test track :confused3 The queue was better than the ride especially if you like cars!
I hope you had a wonderful trip. I enjoyed your photos on FB and I am excited for your TR.

I didn't think it was going to be too good because we aren't interested in the franchise, but I didn't think it would be THAT bad. It seems like they didn't even try :confused3 We don't really care for cars too much, but it seemed like to a fan of the series the queue would be amazing :rotfl:

And thank you!

I've been hearing the same thing from everyone. I think they took the exact same version from Universal Hollywood, and I wasn't too impressed with that one anyways. So at USH, they combined several rides into one with the Backlot tour. First, you get a studio tour, which is cool, because it's actually the working studio so you drive by sets and soundstages (nothing actively shooting; when they are shooting they reroute the trams around those areas); it's super cool to peak into the stages though! Then, they do the King Kong portion, which is the same video as the dinosaur attack in the Kong Skull Island ride. Then drive around a bit more, which includes a behind the scenes video of how they made that film/ride combo. Finally, you drive into the Fast and Furious film/simulator. I wouldn't wait for the Kong or F&F portions themselves, but I'll take them when they are part of the whole backlot tour.

Joining in!! And my first comment is YES! ANDI IS A SLYTHERINE!! I wave to a fellow dungeon mate :)
Most of the Voodoo donut reviews I have read sound fantastic! I can't wait to try one, but they seem huge!
Sounds like a very productive USO day so far!!

Loving the report so far. That voodoo donut looks soooooo good!!! I'm also do FQ for the first time in November. Only for two nights before we head over to BWV. Good to hear the bathroom is spacious!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!