We came, we saw....we added-on! AKV /OKW trip

3DisneyKids

More Drink, Less Run...Since 2008
Just back from our AKV/OKW quick trip! No time for a full trip report now, but let me just say....

AKV is truly BEAUTIFUL! We had no intentions of adding-on right now, but once we saw the rooms, combined with the double devloper points...well, we were just sold!

Great trip overall...though OKW now seems sadly old when compared with AKV. We absolutely enjoyed OKW and have nothing negative to comment on, however when you compare it with brand spaking-new rooms, you really do see the difference.

Parks were very crowded for the last week in August. This time is usually about the same crowd level as early May, but we found it to be far more crowded than that. We were prepared for the heat and humidity, though not that level of crowds (this was before Labor Day).

More to follow! :goodvibes

Ok...off to get AKV in my signature!:yay: :yay: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2:

:banana: Congratulations on your AKV add on!!! We're heading there soon:banana:

August heat readdy did me in last year. We'll probably have the same sort of temps when we get to WDW on the 15th, but I/we just had to check out the new villas in person!!:banana:

Bobbi:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Congrats on joining us in an AKV add-on! We HATE the heat of late August early September, and vowed never to do that time frame again!

:banana: Congratulations on your AKV add on!!! We're heading there soon:banana:

August heat readdy did me in last year. We'll probably have the same sort of temps when we get to WDW on the 15th, but I/we just had to check out the new villas in person!!:banana:

Bobbi:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Congrats on joining us in an AKV add-on! We HATE the heat of late August early September, and vowed never to do that time frame again!

Thanks! We were SO not planning it...but even DH said we HAD to add on! :thumbsup2

We only went in August b/c I had a conference down there. And DH said..."If I have to take a few days off work to watch the kids...why don't we all just go with you and I'll watch them in Disney World?" It took me all of about half a second to run to the computer to check Southwest for flights!

Knowing about the heat, we planned 2 non-park days (to just hang by the pool or even pool-hop, which we never did do) and a day at Typhoon. Then only 2 days in parks. So, while the heat was bad, we planned accordingly. But yeah, summer is basically on my never-again list. September still has a lot of heat, but the oh-so-low crowds still make it attractive for us. Since the parks are so empty, you can really get a ton in, then have a nice lunch, then back ti the Villa for pool time all afternoon.

I am getting ready to plan our next trip and am thinking about January. Low crowds and we get to get out of Maine in the dead of winter! But if we are going to do that, I need to make a decision like, um, now! :rotfl2:

I am so happy to be part of the AKV crowd! I just can't tell you how impressed we were by everything. They did such a great job with the layout...it feels so spacious (I know it is bigger then all but OKW, but it actually felt comprable to OKW. I think that is b/c the "lost" space betwen AKV and OKW is actually the lack of a laundry room as opposed to living space. The living room felt quite similar to OKW...just a tad smaller, but hardly noticeable.)

Diane--you are just going to LOVE your first AKV stay! I was sooooo impressed. The bed! OMG...I loved the bedspread...and the mattress was so so so comfortable.

Congratulations on the add-on!! DH and I are hoping to get over to SSR to get a look at the AKV model on our Oct. trip. Though we have no plans to add on there, we'll probably try it out sometime.

We've been to WDW twice during the last week of Aug., and I really enjoyed it. It was very hot, but the crowds were low and the hours were long. This was before they offered the free dining incentive, though. Do you think that's why the crowds were so large? That's really disappointing, as the kids are getting older and it's harder to pull them out of school, I was thinking right before school starts would be a good option for a Disney trip, but not if the crowds are crazy. Heat + crowds are not a good combination!!

Congrats again!

Congrats to you!!
We are avoiding viewing the new AKV villas, trying to hold out for CRV if it ever happens.
I'm dying to go to the preview center though ;)

Congratulations on your AKV add-on!! :goodvibes We did the same thing when we took our trip to WDW in July. We went to the preview center at SSR and looked at the AKV models and fell in love with them!! We were able to meet with our guide, Gib, and ta-da...we bought 125 points at AKV. We are staying in a 1 bdrm. SV room at AKV this spring using the DD points and are so excited!! :yay:

We've been to WDW twice during the last week of Aug., and I really enjoyed it. It was very hot, but the crowds were low and the hours were long. This was before they offered the free dining incentive, though. Do you think that's why the crowds were so large?

Yes, I think so. A lot of people who book the free dining don't want to take their kids out of school. So that week is probably the most popular with FD.

I've been a few times as well, before FD, and walked onto rides during that time. Times have changed.

Congrats 3DisneyKids on your add-on. That's exciting. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter