We booked a room at MiraCosta!

Biscottina

Earning My Ears
I am so excited that we were able to book a Porto Paradiso Side Superior Room Piazza for our last night in Japan!

My husband, 10yo daughter and I will be in Japan around Thanksgiving, traveling through Tokyo and Kyoto. I talked my husband into staying the last night in MiraCosta. We will go to DisneySea on the Friday after Thanksgiving, then stay that night the hotel. We couldn't miss this opportunity to experience walking out of our hotel directly into a Disney park!

I was online at 10:00pm Eastern time (exactly 5 months before our stay), and refreshed, refreshed refreshed. At first we saw rooms available, but we weren't sure yet what room we wanted. Before this night we didn't know the prices (as all the rooms were sold out before this and we couldn't check the prices), so it took a few minutes to determine which room we wanted to book. By the time we decided, all the rooms were sold out (even the Tuscany and Venice side rooms). I kept refreshing and remembered reading somewhere (probably on this site) that they release more rooms at 11:30am Japan time (10:30 Eastern). I waited until that time, then refreshed more. I was just about to give up at 10:40 EDT, and refreshed again and the rooms became available! I clicked reserve, then entered an AmEx card. That failed, but the room was still held. I tried a Barclay MC and that said it was denied (but was a different message than the AmEx). I quickly called the card number and sure enough they marked it as fraud (which really, is a great thing). At the same time my husband received a text asking if the charge was fraud. I ok'd it on the phone and he did on the text msg, tried the card again and IT WORKED!

I had read here and other sites how difficult it was to book a room, then to have your credit card accepted and it didn't disappoint. But is was worth it!

Thanks to everyone on this board asking/answering questions and giving trip reports! The information has helped so much.

Now to learn more Japanese :)

Congrats! I know, the TDR reservation website is ridiculous and it is truly a victory to get the booking from outside Japan.

Congratulations! The booking process is so panic inducing, but totally worth it!

Also on the learning more Japanese - if you drive, there's a Spotify album called Learn Japanese in your car, it's not brilliant but it's taught me enough to handle simple transactions.

Congrats! I know, the TDR reservation website is ridiculous and it is truly a victory to get the booking from outside Japan.
THank you!
Have a great trip next week! I hope you do a trip report...I'd love to read it.

We'll just miss you. Will be in the Venice side from 11/19, then moving to Tokyo on Thanksgiving day.

Congratulations! The booking process is so panic inducing, but totally worth it!

Also on the learning more Japanese - if you drive, there's a Spotify album called Learn Japanese in your car, it's not brilliant but it's taught me enough to handle simple transactions.

Yes, totally worth it.

Thanks for the tip about Spotify. I will check that out. So far we have only learned very basic things. We have a poster up by our kitchen table with pictures, kanji/katakana and the phonetic pronunciation of the words. It is helpful, but we need something more.

We'll just miss you. Will be in the Venice side from 11/19, then moving to Tokyo on Thanksgiving day.
Ahhh, just the opposite of us. We arrive in Tokyo on the 16th, then in Kyoto for 3 days in the middle, then DisneySea on the 24th.

Have a great trip!

We just left the Miracosta. It is beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and DisneySea. I failed to learn a single word of Japanese before arriving (shame on me) but have had great luck using the Microsoft Translator ap.

We just left the Miracosta. It is beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and DisneySea. I failed to learn a single word of Japanese before arriving (shame on me) but have had great luck using the Microsoft Translator ap.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm so glad you had good luck with the Microsoft Translator App...I'll check that out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!