We’re all going on a Summer Holiday to the Disney Parks -WISH July Lifestyle/Challenge

QOTD: What do you need to blast away to keep yourself on track, overcome unexpected aliens in an effort to be the best Star Fleet Commander of your healthy life that you can be?

Honestly I need to do more meal planning and making up crockpot freezer meals for when it is already in the 90s at 9 am in the morning and at 10 pm is still in the 80s. That or do all stuff that requires an oven between 2 and 4 am when the temps are in the low 70s or high 60s and just plan to reheat servings in the microwave. Even turning on the stovetop for a length of time is too much-browning burger for tacos is fine as is doing fried or scrambled eggs or other quick cooking meals-boiling water for cooking pasta not happening. It has been a lot of quick snack type meals due to not wanting to do any cooking as it has been so hot that I don't want to eat much hot food. At least I choose peanuts for my current snacking enjoyment.

Bonus Question: Do you have a Toy Story favourite character?
I love Mrs Potato head for a minor character and Jessie for a major character

Reporting that I got a total of 15 minutes of exercise in for Tuesday concentrating mainly on doing arm exercises with some light walking. I am thinking that 9 year old must believe I did not give her enough to eat today since she not only ate the corn dog I fixed her she proceeded to open a lemon hug bottle ( the ones with foil on them that can't be resealed) and leave it on the counter right in front of the sink-she might have taken a tiny sip out of it, a peach yogart that was also left on the same counter-which she might have taken 2-3 tiny bites of ( I told DH that he needs to keep those in the basement fridge as before I have found 2 of them left out and gone to where they were separating compete with liquid but at least not to curdles ( At least this time I caught it, tried to get her to eat more and put the rest in the fridge after she went to bed), and a peanut butter sandwich which it looks like she actually at at least 1/3 of though since it is a bite here and a bite there it is hard to tell exactly. ( Thankfully she does not know that we actually have some jam hidden in the back recesses of the fridge for that would be gone). This was the answer to use your ipad app to tell me what you want to eat when I heard her in the kitchen digging around in the cupboards. She is not liking the you have to communicate because mama is no longer playing the mind read game rule that is in effect so has decided she is a big girl and can fix her own meals. I went through the I want to do my own cooking and for the family phase with 12 year old but at least there was communication and there still is though she has moved on to oriental cooking ( currently Japanese)

It is that time of the week again everyone..... WOOHOO WEDNESDAY :rainbow:

Nothings makes you woohoo like a WDW waterpark waterslide!

crush-n-gusher-gallery02.jpg

Share with us you Woohoo's for this week they can be big, small, healthy journey or just everyday life stuff that you are celebrating today....​

Whew .... ok now to catch up myself!

QOTD: What do you need to blast away to keep yourself on track, overcome unexpected aliens in an effort to be the best Star Fleet Commander of your healthy life that you can be?

Bonus Question: Do you have a Toy Story favourite character?

I need to blast away soooo many things, motivation, non-planning, snacking (and not the good kind), laying on the couch, pessimistic attitude.... I think the list goes on and on at the moment.

I like Woody and slinky dog. I saw a recentish clip with Tom Hanks on the Ellen show and he was talking about being in a life when a Mum and child gets on and the Mum is all like "do you know who this is? ... Its Woody" and the kid is looking at Tom like WHAT? So he says to the kid "Okay, close your eyes" and then does the Woody voice - how sweet. He and Ellen then had a Woody/Dory conversation.

Well I did really good with one of the 3 goals I had. I gained a pound and didn't track my food. I did get about 75-80% of drinking 20 oz a day. The pound I think will go away in a week or so though.

Hey one out of three ain't bad - as the saying goes :-)

QOTD: I have to work hard to blast away my DH's poor eating habits (which are part of the reason I gained weight in the first place!). He has a tendency to binge on junk food regularly and usually it's while we are watching Netflix together. For instance, last night we were watching Friends and he brought over a piece of cheesecake, cream puffs, and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms :rolleyes2 So I have to work on blasting away my temptation to join him!

Oh that is so hard - good luck with blasting away that temptation.

I need to blast away my old habits of not planning ahead and eating whatever I can get my hands on or want in that moment - no more ice cream dinners.

Okay so you and I are so similar in so many ways I have noticed from our posts!

I need to blast away my general laziness...

I can relate to this totally. But I never think of you as lazy - you do lots of active things :-)

I am 3 lbs down this month-75% of goal.

That is great :thumbsup2

okay have to dash to pick us DS16 from work - have a great day everyone - keep making those healthy choices :P

I am woohooing my birthday. Karate was canceled for Saturday so i get to sleep in on my birthday. Also work is having a retirement lunch for 3 coworkers that are retiring on Friday so I am just saying that work is throwing me a birthday lunch. I am just having fun with it. I will miss the 3 that are leaving. One I work closely with and have for about 5 years.

I also did get out and walk last night but I had 2 doughnuts this morning. Ugh!!!! I will eat better the rest of the day.

Also, DD is feeling much better and so far no one else has gotten what ever she had.

My woohoo isn't a very emphatic one but it's still a win for me. I didn't lose any weight last week but I maintained within .2 lbs, which is better than I was expecting! Our 4th wedding anniversary was last week and we went a little crazy with food-centered celebrations. We went to the Melting Pot and I'm pretty sure that single meal was about 70 WW points o_O BUT it's been on my DH's bucket list and he was really looking forward to going and his happiness is worth one week without progress.

I am woohooing my birthday. Karate was canceled for Saturday so i get to sleep in on my birthday. Also work is having a retirement lunch for 3 coworkers that are retiring on Friday so I am just saying that work is throwing me a birthday lunch. I am just having fun with it. I will miss the 3 that are leaving. One I work closely with and have for about 5 years.

I also did get out and walk last night but I had 2 doughnuts this morning. Ugh!!!! I will eat better the rest of the day.

Also, DD is feeling much better and so far no one else has gotten what ever she had.

WooHoo Wednesday here we come! I've got a couple:

Monday I wore a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get in to lately... granted they were stretchy jeans, but at least I was able to zip them up.

Yesterday was my second day with 10,000 steps.

One of the teachers at the crafting retreat was a dyer who has published one of the most respected books on natural dyeing - I have the book and love her aesthetic. I chatted with her briefly about how she schedules classes at her shop in San Francisco, as I hadn't signed up for her classes at the retreat. Sunday she posted on IG that she was going to be teaching at a shop in Nashville in September, and shortly after that the shop, which I also follow, posted about the workshop. I have this rule where I pay attention to things I hear twice, so I started to think... hmmmm... Nashville or San Francisco? I've never been to Tennessee... so I started looking at travel options and hip hip hurrah I'm booked to go to Nashville in September! I won't have a lot of time to explore, but should be able to get to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Pantheon before class starts the first day. And Tennessee will become the 42nd state, in my quest to visit all 50. That'll be two that I've added this year.

Happy Wednesday everyone... let's make it full of woohoo's!

My woohoo isn't a very emphatic one but it's still a win for me. I didn't lose any weight last week but I maintained within .2 lbs, which is better than I was expecting! Our 4th wedding anniversary was last week and we went a little crazy with food-centered celebrations. We went to the Melting Pot and I'm pretty sure that single meal was about 70 WW points o_O BUT it's been on my DH's bucket list and he was really looking forward to going and his happiness is worth one week without progress.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your anniversary and it didn't do any damage to your journey ... maintaining is still a great achievement this week :banana:

Monday I wore a pair of jeans I haven't been able to get in to lately... granted they were stretchy jeans, but at least I was able to zip them up.

Yesterday was my second day with 10,000 steps.

One of the teachers at the crafting retreat was a dyer who has published one of the most respected books on natural dyeing - I have the book and love her aesthetic. I chatted with her briefly about how she schedules classes at her shop in San Francisco, as I hadn't signed up for her classes at the retreat. Sunday she posted on IG that she was going to be teaching at a shop in Nashville in September, and shortly after that the shop, which I also follow, posted about the workshop. I have this rule where I pay attention to things I hear twice, so I started to think... hmmmm... Nashville or San Francisco? I've never been to Tennessee... so I started looking at travel options and hip hip hurrah I'm booked to go to Nashville in September! I won't have a lot of time to explore, but should be able to get to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Pantheon before class starts the first day. And Tennessee will become the 42nd state, in my quest to visit all 50. That'll be two that I've added this year.

You have some great woohoos going on here @Oneanne! Ahh Nashville my DD will be super jealous of you - it is on the bucket list of US cities my DD wants to visit. Hope you have a fabulous time.

Hello, Dearies!

My woohoos are going to sound really small, but they are big in my book...

DD13 took a shower yesterday all on her own. Then at the store she picked out a new toothbrush and actually USED it! Today she "cleaned" her room... actually, she shoved everything under the bed and in the closet, but it's *WAY* more than she's done in a loonnnggg time. And while we were at the grocery, she asked for (and got) one of those air fresheners that automatically sprays on a timer. She even washed her face when I told her to!!!

This is all a big deal because she's been going through a gross phase for a *REALLY* long time now.

There were trade-offs for all of this, of course-- by that I mean massive bribes/rewards were involved... but since those rarely work on her, I'm happy! Tomorrow she might be back in her rut, but tonight, my clean-ish child is going to bed less-horrendously-late-than-usual in a clean-ish room. I'll take it!

Hi, Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day.

Whew .... ok now to catch up myself!

I need to blast away soooo many things, motivation, non-planning, snacking (and not the good kind), laying on the couch, pessimistic attitude.... I think the list goes on and on at the moment.

Start with one? you really don't have to have it all figured out today. :)

My WhooHoo

I have not gone over my calorie burn for about 12 days. I am happy with that as even before vacation I found myself up and down little to be honest. WW is actually cleverly designed. Yes you can eat rubbish and struggle with it but I don't intend to and this can be said for many other approaches. It's annoying not have the use of the app, but I add my things at MFP leaving the fruit and veggies as separate meal and add the points before dinner. I made some adjustments to breakfast and lunch but only do it for the next day, I eat fairly healthy anyway. It's really taxing when you choose processed food and not adding points for activities is good change too. I may end up dropping off the points counting and picking up again only if I need to but right now I am enjoying it.

I am loving my workout program and will be done with phase 1 before we go away, meaning I will be starting phase 2 which is always short workouts while away. I will try to do them, but lets see if I can find few heavy kettle bells or dumbbells while there. I don't really want to bring my trx band.

Less than week to my beach vacation! I am really looking forward for that too, I have been travelling so much last 6 months - the winter will be long haha! But I am enjoying it, and I need a travel break so it's all good.

When Disneyland opened on July 17, 1955, Walt dedicated Tomorrowland with these words: “A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man’s achievements … a step into the future, with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals: the Atomic Age, the challenge of outer space, and the hope for a peaceful and unified world.”

There is a TV show starting here next week called "This Time Next Year" and it follows several people who of course say "This Time Next Year I will ...." a range of things are being explored and on the show we get to see what happens a year later. This got me thinking about Tomorrowland and us, we typically make month to month goals to help us with a bigger journey but just for a moment lets take a leaf out of Walt's book and think about our Tommorrow. Picture yourself one year from now.....

QOTD: This time next year I will ....... Fill in the blank on what you will have achieved on your healthy journey at that time.

Bonus Question: Do you like Tomorrowland do you have a favourite ride?

When Disneyland opened on July 17, 1955, Walt dedicated Tomorrowland with these words: “A vista into a world of wondrous ideas, signifying man’s achievements … a step into the future, with predictions of constructive things to come. Tomorrow offers new frontiers in science, adventure, and ideals: the Atomic Age, the challenge of outer space, and the hope for a peaceful and unified world.”

There is a TV show starting here next week called "This Time Next Year" and it follows several people who of course say "This Time Next Year I will ...." a range of things are being explored and on the show we get to see what happens a year later. This got me thinking about Tomorrowland and us, we typically make month to month goals to help us with a bigger journey but just for a moment lets take a leaf out of Walt's book and think about our Tommorrow. Picture yourself one year from now.....

QOTD: This time next year I will ....... Fill in the blank on what you will have achieved on your healthy journey at that time.

I do in Disneyland more than I do in WDW. Space Mountain is very different there. I have my hopes up for Thor

OTD: This time next year I will ....... Fill in the blank on what you will have achieved on your healthy journey at that time.

I will have solid workout routine and will feel fitter. I will be the weight I am now +-3kg. It's wide range, but i am happy with it.

Wow, I love this question!

QOTD: This time next year I will....not have gained back the weight that I'm working so hard to lose. That's my biggest fear is that I'll go through this whole process then give up on the work of maintaining once I've reached my goal.

Bonus: Tomorrowland is okay for me. It's just funny because it's supposed to feel so futuristic but it definitely just feels like what people in the 80s thought the future would be like :P I do love Space Mountain, though!

This time next year I want to be down 20 pounds and look great for our cruise.

As for Tomorrowland..... It is ok. I love the Laugh Floor, CoP and the People Mover. I hate Stitch and Space Mountain (I have sworn I will never get on this ride again) and I can take it or leave it with Buzz, The Rockets and the Speedway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!