We’re all going on a Summer Holiday to the Disney Parks -WISH July Lifestyle/Challenge

Friday QOTD: I actually love soda, particularly Dr Pepper. When I was in middle school I used to have one every day. When I started playing soccer in high school I realized that wasn't going to cut it and so I limited myself to just one per day on the weekend. Now that I'm on WW I've switched to diet and I'm okay with that. I'm still seeing results and it helps me keep my sanity. And if that's the worst thing I put into my body then I'm doing alright.

Yesterday QOTD: This is my first real weight loss journey so I've never really paid attention to the different seasons. I think the weight loss has been easier for me this summer because I absolutely love fresh fruit and veggies, which are in abundance this time of year. It will be interesting to see how that changes as fall/winter comes and my options are more limited. I should meet my goal by November, though, so hopefully I'll be in maintain mode once the real cold hits.

Bonus QOTD: I've only ever been to Food & Wine and I love it! But I'm excited to experience my first F&G next spring. All the topiaries look so beautiful :)

Soda:
I have the occassional diet soda despite trying to stay away from it because of the artificial sweeteners. In Japan there is nearly no diet soda, but there are these vending machines with the most interesting drinks!! I sometimes had tea when I wanted something besides water, but I am not the biggest fan of green tea... And then I started trying other stuff despite the sugar. I saw it as a vacation treat. And in the end it did not do me any harm. I am thinking that I might add in the odd small soda as a treat now and then as I really enjoyed it and I realised that this is something that I miss.

Seasons:
I have certain things that I like about all the seasons. The longer daylight in summer, the best temperatures for exercise in spring and fall, the motivation to do work outs at home or at the gym in winter. I find the worst time for me is late winter, early spring. I am tired of winter, it is often still too cold to be outside, I am yearning for fresher produce to become available...

Weekly check-in: down a couple more pounds for a total of -8: 160%
increased water intake: 100%
10,000 steps 1 for 24, so basically 0%
Average for the month: 87%

Seasons:
We're so far north that the days get super long in the summer, which I love. We've now had a string of 30+ days without measurable rain fall, so we are getting a proper summer but I find myself spending a lot of time indoors, Texan style, instead of getting out and taking full advantage. In the winter the days are super short and with the regular grey overcast it can feel like you never see the sun at all. For many years I made my annual WDW trip in April/May, to reset my body clock for the season to come. The first year I went during the holiday season I was a bit out of sorts, being back in the warmth and sunshine when it should be dark and wet. This year the trip is Mid-November, which should be OK.

Festivals: I think I favor F&G, as I've had a few too many encounters with people drinking a little too much at F&W and it alters the feel of EPCOT. Now if I'm there for F&W I pay more attention to the days I'm going and stay away from Friday evening and Sat/Sun when there are so many locals. My favorite year for F&G was the year they did the gardens up in edibles, it was stunningly beautiful. Another year they had a patio set-up back by Morocco and I sat in one of the chairs for a while and just watched and soaked things in. For me that was the start of shifting from commando style touring, to just being there and being grateful.

It retrospect, last week was not as successful as the first week of this new way of eating. I have more food left over to toss, and I got caught a couples times eating whatever I could grab at the time. Thursday I had intentionally planned to go out for lunch, but got stuck at my desk and could only run down to the lunchroom and grab something. Thursday night I forgot to put my overnight oats together and was out of chia seeds (that can be done up in the morning), so again I ended up grabbing something from the lunchroom. Then I was in an off-site meeting at lunchtime Friday, where we were served sandwiches... not horrible but not ideal. So overall things weren't as planned out and balanced as they need to be. On the positive side there were no cocktails last week and only one dessert.

Saturday I went up to our neighborhood core business area for lunch, totally forgetting it was summer parade day. I was going to turn around and go elsewhere but thought I'd make one tour thru the parking lot and got lucky when someone pulled out right in front of me. Then the restaurant was empty and I was able to sit right at the front windows and watch the festivities, so that was a nice surprise. After lunch I wandered thru the antique store and found another deer vase, so now I have two! I had purchased the first one the weekend before at the Makers Market, from the gal who wrote the decor/life style book that I first saw it in, so yes, I now own the very vase that was in the book. The second one is now here at work with me, which makes me very, very happy.

Hope all have a smooth and peaceful Monday!

Checking in for up to the 15th since I was too tired to do it last night/early this morning when I posted.

Original goal 208/400 minutes 52%

Exercise at least 10 minutes every day 100%

Average 76%

I can host for September or I could do August if someone can cover for the 10th-20th as I am tied up with our fair at that time ( also the 7th as non livestock stuff is judged that day unless everyone is fine with not have a QOTD until much later after we get home-there is so much metal in the building we are end that just sending a single photo to someone is it doesn't go through until you get home 10 hours later and can use your wifi instead of mobile web-even the local news station could not do a broadcast from in that building last year).

Hi all! Man, it's been quite a week! I've been MIA too long to catch up so I'm just going to jump back in. I did read through everyone's responses though-- lots of good stuff going on it seems like! @MommaoffherRocker , sorry to hear Paris isn't coming to fruition, but sounds like you will have a wonderful replacement trip!!!

Bonus: What is your favorite scene in Spaceship Earth?

Had to weigh in on this though--- "Thank the Phoenicians!" :rotfl: I actually love how this ride shows the evolution of our communication. I think that is why I am drawn to the history of theater and literature. It's incredible to think how far we've come and to really consider the giants on whose shoulders we stand.

I am in south Florida so I find it tough from June to Oct. Too hot and way to humid to do outside things. I don't mind what time it gets dark for walking and such, it is cooler. I love in the winter to take the binocs we have for astronomy and take our time and look at the stars. There is so much light pollution by us we try and take advantage whenever it is clearer and darker. I find the food , mostly produce, is so much cheaper and more avail in the summer. I like that and notice the scale is easier to go down that time of year.

Hey neighbor! I'm down here too ... and my oh my! So sticky and so hot and last "winter" barely even cooled off! DH and I definitely reserve our evening walks (on the rare occasions when they happen) for when the sun goes down -- which is hard in the summer since it stays light for so long.

--------------------------

So I'm back from our trip. It was so nice to get away! The scale wasn't tooooo bad this morning. I am up a few pounds. Hopefully some of it's general travel bloat and water weight (I was drinking soooo much water since I'm not used to the drier weather out west!). Either way, we had some wonderful meals and a wonderful time so I will take a few vacation pounds in return LOL Back to the grind though... I'm two weeks away from the date I had set for my goal weight. And as of today's weigh in I'm 7 lbs from it :( So I don't think that will happen. Being back to my pre-vacation weight would be great though and is certainly doable.

Happy Friday!!

Let's make this Friday a fun day and visit Club Cool.

View attachment 254789

Located near the Fountain of Nations in Epcot, this soda shop is probably unlike any soda shop you've ever been to before. Here you can try popular sodas from around the world.

View attachment 254790

Some of these sodas are quite good, others are just awful (Beverly I'm looking at you!)
But this place is great for beating the heat or just be silly with your family.

What are your feelings on Soda?

Have you been to Club Cool? If so what is your favorite soda? How about your least favorite?

I drink Rootbeer mostly but will brink Pepsi too. This month I have been drinking water instead of pop. I have had very little pop because of it. This was my goal.

I have been to club cool. I am not a fan of most of the flavors but we do have fun with it.

QOTD- no soda for me. I used to drink diet coke all the time. I learned that I do not react well to aspartame so that was finished. That was about 15 yrs ago. I have soda in the house in the 2nd fridge for guests but even my kids rarely drink it.

Club Cool is fun, they try a few dif. ones every now and again. When they were young they really enjoyed trying all of them.

I am the same way. I can not drink any diet pop or flavored waters because they all have aspartame in them.

Epcot is known for it's festivals.
Currently there are three throughout the year.
In the Spring there is Flower and Garden.

View attachment 255298

In the fall is the wildly popular Food and Wine

View attachment 255300

and in the Winter there is the Festival of the Arts

View attachment 255302

In life the different seasons can bring their own advantages and disadvantages. How do you adapt to the changing seasons? Do you find yourself slacking when it is too cold, too hot or maybe too dark? Do you get motivated when summer is around the corner? What can you do to help yourself prepare for these changes?

Bonus: What is your favorite Epcot festival?

I seem to do better in the winter. I think this is because there seems to be so much going on in the summer for us.

I have never attended the festivals.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

This weekend was a busy weekend. Friday I went to my moms for a little bit and them we came home in time to watch Descendants 2. It was a cute movie. Saturday we had karate in the am then we cleaned the house, DD and I had hair appointments and then my cousin came over to watch the kids while we went out. I can't believe she is old enough to babysit. I babysat her when she was little. We are about 18 years difference between us. DH and I went to see Girl Trip. It was a really good movie. It was so funny. After that we wasted money at Dave and Busters (an adult Chuckie Cheese) and then decided to go get wings. We ate horribly Saturday but had lots of fun. We do not get out much at all plus his birthday was Sunday and mine is Saturday so we gave ourselves a pass.

Sunday was grocery shopping and laundry with some Pokemon playing thrown in. We did get a lot of prep done too. Salads stuff and fruit are all chopped and ready for the week.

Sunday night and this morning have been rough though. My DD woke me up at 2 with a stomach ache. I put her on the couch in the living room because her room is not air conditioned. I tried to sleep on the love seat but that was not comfortable and she was up and down for an hour and a half before she finally got sick. After getting everything cleaned up and her back on the couch it was about 4. I still couldn't sleep. I ended up taking today off even though my husband is working from home and could watch her. I was not functioning this morning. I took my son to summer camp (easy way to keep them apart so hopefully he does not get it) and came home and slept from about 8 until 11 when DD woke me up to make her something to eat. I am still very tired but doing better then earlier. I am not sure how much exercise I will get in today. I might be taking another nap soon.

Hello, Dearies!

Like Lady Marie, I've been reading along when I can, but no way can I catch up at this point!

But I *WILL* answer the soda question. I drink insane amounts of diet cola. Not gonna lie. I also use Splenda in place of sugar in many things, to include the non-carbonated beverages (tea, iced tea, Kool-Aid) we drink. I'm Dolewhipdreams on this one, if it's my worst habit, I'm good with that. :)

Sorry for the late question guys, this day has been just one of those days!! And here is proof
View attachment 254797

Yes that is my two year old covered in paint. I guess it is really my fault because thought I could clean while the kids were painting LOL.​

Teehee! I have a similar picture from about 8 years ago... except you were cleaning and it was tempera paint, from the looks of it. I was powerwashing the deck, and it was BOTH my kiddos and blue food coloring. They didn't realize that children are made of meat... It remains a source of *GREAT PRIDE* for me that in that stressful moment, I *DIDN'T* powerwash the kids! (Because I admit, the thought did cross my frazzled mind...) They looked like Smurfs for DAYS!

Checking in-- I'll give myself 50% for the month, so far. The trip-bloat came off very quickly, and I'm not only down below pre-trip weight today, my middle number has changed!!! (we're talking 1X9.5 here, but still, it's a change!!!) ***BUT*** I have been really bad about tracking and nutrition. I haven't been watching my fiber, protein, calcium all that good stuff, haven't even been taking my multivitamin... so that's why I'm only at 50%... because I want to lose FAT... not bone density!!!

I have never been to any of the festivals at EPCOT... we don't go to Disney much and the timing has never lined up. I think I'd like the Flower and Garden Festival, though. The pictures always look pretty. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like the Food and Wine Festival. I love the idea of wine, but hate the taste (and believe me, I've tried... everyone always says "you just haven't had the RIGHT wine...." I have had oceans of "wrong" wine, though...) And I have discovered in the last few years that while I love food and like cooking... apparently I do not qualify as a "Foodie." I love YELP to help me plan trips and adventures, but the past few years, all the high-rated places I've tried I haven't liked... Apparently I'm just too mainstream. ;P

On the cooking and Foodie note, though, Saturday I *FINALLY* got around to using the pasta roller I demanded for Christmas! YAY!!! There is a little hole-in-the-wall Chinese food place near where I used to work, and their wonton soup was amazing... there was a bit of fresh ginger ground into the pork filling, which was fairly fatty, I think, and it was like normal wonton soup until you bit into the little pocket, and then there was this amazing burst of flavor... well, they changed up the recipe or their supplier or whatever at some point, because it isn't that way anymore :( And I have been trying to make something similar ever since, but the store-bought wonton wrappers just wouldn't stay "stuck," and ended up with noodle-and-meatball soup... But Saturday, I'm thrilled to say, we rolled our own wrappers, and they held together, and YAY! I was able to put about half in the freezer for a future batch, and right now I have new dough "resting" nd we're going to try making fettucine for lunch and maybe some lasagna sheets to freeze for later. (Ever notice that "regular" noodles are $1/lb and "lasagna" noodles are $2/lb???) I want to go out and buy a kitchen-toy for molding bunches of ravioli at once, but DD13 isn't up for it right now, so maybe later...

But hey, check it out, I FINALLY had time to log in and post! YAY! Have an awesome day!

Last edited:
We ate horribly Saturday but had lots of fun. We do not get out much at all plus his birthday was Sunday and mine is Saturday so we gave ourselves a pass.

Happy Birthday to you both!!! That's cool that you're back-to-back like that! Definitely Pass-worthy! (And naps are great! Take 2!) If you're ever jones-ing for buffalo wings, try looking up "buffalo chicken casserole"...there's a recipe by "Eating Well" magazine that's super-yummy and reasonable (but not for atkins/keto/paleos... sorry guys!!!!)

Happy Birthday to you both!!! That's cool that you're back-to-back like that! Definitely Pass-worthy! (And naps are great! Take 2!) If you're ever jones-ing for buffalo wings, try looking up "buffalo chicken casserole"...there's a recipe by "Eating Well" magazine that's super-yummy and reasonable (but not for atkins/keto/paleos... sorry guys!!!!)

I will have to look that up. We don't get the craving often but when we do it is bad. My husband and I are 6 days apart down to the minute. it is kind of cool.

Got in 10 minutes of walking today plus I am counting the 15 minutes spent cleaning up the sun tea that 9 year old spilled all over the kitchen floor ( took almost 3 rolls of paper towels to get that mess cleaned) as part of my exercising for a total of 25 minutes today. A certain 9 year old thought she didn't have to help clean up the mess but I was a mean mama and told her if your a big girl and can try and get a drink without using your prolqu2go to ask me for what you want and instead go and help yourself than your big enough to help clean up the mess.
12 year old is at church camp this week and she sounded like she was having a good time when she called me this evening. It sounds like since they are in a cabin which can be locked by their counselor ( all the girls are from our church that are in that cabin) that the ones who took their phones were able to keep them instead of them being put in a bag and locked in the church van) since 12 year old said she was forced to interact with others not through a screen today and that her feet hurt but she couldn't get back in the cabin because it was locked. I have also been told that next year she is bringing her phone and at least on of the ipads ( I informed her that she was not taking her sister's or mom and dad's ipad ( purchased when 9 year old's was in need of a repair that was not going to be done in time for a 4H event) and she told me she would take her's ( which has something like 16 GB of data space ( maybe 32) because she wants her drawing app)

Hello all - I am back :wave2:

Lets take a spin with Buzz Lightyear

BuzzLightyear1.jpg

buzz-lightyear-space-ranger-spin-gallery01.jpg

In this ride we get to have fun blasting away alien enemies. We are now headed into the last week of our montlhy challenge...

QOTD: What do you need to blast away to keep yourself on track, overcome unexpected aliens in an effort to be the best Star Fleet Commander of your healthy life that you can be?

Bonus Question: Do you have a Toy Story favourite character?​

I can host for September or I could do August if someone can cover for the 10th-20th as I am tied up with our fair at that time ( also the 7th as non livestock stuff is judged that day unless everyone is fine with not have a QOTD until much later after we get home-there is so much metal in the building we are end that just sending a single photo to someone is it doesn't go through until you get home 10 hours later and can use your wifi instead of mobile web-even the local news station could not do a broadcast from in that building last year).

That is great @sweetpeama thank you ..... do we have any takers to share for August with @sweetpeama or to take on August by themselves and @sweetpeama could do September??

Hello all - I am back :wave2:

Lets take a spin with Buzz Lightyear

BuzzLightyear1.jpg

buzz-lightyear-space-ranger-spin-gallery01.jpg

In this ride we get to have fun blasting away alien enemies. We are now headed into the last week of our montlhy challenge...

QOTD: What do you need to blast away to keep yourself on track, overcome unexpected aliens in an effort to be the best Star Fleet Commander of your healthy life that you can be?

Bonus Question: Do you have a Toy Story favourite character?​

Well I did really good with one of the 3 goals I had. I gained a pound and didn't track my food. I did get about 75-80% of drinking 20 oz a day. The pound I think will go away in a week or so though.

Favorite character is Woody I think. I really just don't care for Jesse or even the 2nd movie all together.

QOTD: I have to work hard to blast away my DH's poor eating habits (which are part of the reason I gained weight in the first place!). He has a tendency to binge on junk food regularly and usually it's while we are watching Netflix together. For instance, last night we were watching Friends and he brought over a piece of cheesecake, cream puffs, and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms :rolleyes2 So I have to work on blasting away my temptation to join him!

Bonus: Okay this makes me really unpopular with the rest of the millennials but I don't really care for Toy Story. They are fine films but I'm just not obsessed with them like a lot of folks are. If I had to choose a favorite character it would probably be Rex.

QOTD: I need to blast away my old habits of not planning ahead and eating whatever I can get my hands on or want in that moment - no more ice cream dinners.

Bonus: I've only seen the first movie and liked it well enough but don't really have a favorite character. While in the parks its always a treat to find the green army men out and about, as they do some pretty cheeky stuff. I'm really bad at the Buzz Lightyear game, I wish the shooters were more manageable and easier to aim. I'm also not very good at Toy Story Mania but enjoy it more because you do seem to have better control. I always forget what the secrets are to get high scores, even when the kid in front of us in line just explained them.

QOTD: I need to blast away my general laziness...

Bonus: Woody!

I'm really bad at the Buzz Lightyear game, I wish the shooters were more manageable and easier to aim.

The one in Shanghai is a great version!! There the guns actually work really well, so much easier to aim and you actually see where you are shooting! I also found that it reacts better. This makes it so much more fun! I totally get your frustration. And I think the one in Shanghai now has spoiled me for all the other versions, but especially the WDW one where the guns are fixed!!

piglet1979- Happy Birthday!

I am 3 lbs down this month-75% of goal.

AOTD- I need to just keep plugging away . I have been focused on other things this past week.

Toy story- No favorites, I like them all. I think we must have watched the movie 100 times. My older son love Buzz, the younger Woody. I have fun on the ride as well, but the boys and DH always want tier 1 FP to go for RnR so we don't always get on it any more.

QOTD: I have to work hard to blast away my DH's poor eating habits (which are part of the reason I gained weight in the first place!). He has a tendency to binge on junk food regularly and usually it's while we are watching Netflix together. For instance, last night we were watching Friends and he brought over a piece of cheesecake, cream puffs, and a bag of peanut butter M&Ms :rolleyes2 So I have to work on blasting away my temptation to join him!

Bonus: Okay this makes me really unpopular with the rest of the millennials but I don't really care for Toy Story. They are fine films but I'm just not obsessed with them like a lot of folks are. If I had to choose a favorite character it would probably be Rex.

I don't care about it either. And I don't like the buzz ride! I love the toy story one at HS, much better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter