WDW Proposal ideas

hushhush89

Earning My Ears
Hi all

So me and my girlfriend are coming to WDW in late April/early May for the first time and my plan is to propose to her... but I'm a little stuck on where to do this.

She doesn't like the idea of having it done with lots of people looking (so takes photopass on main street off the list). I don't really have the money to pay for an experience, so it would need to not cost (like the boat rides on the lagoon etc.)

Any ideas would be greatly helpful.

Many Thanks

Where will you be staying on your trip?

If you propose at WDW in a public place there is going to be SOMEONE who sees, but you can do as much as possible to minimize that of course, which is what it sounds like you are asking to do.

Does she have a favorite park? Of course MK is most common but you could do it anywhere.

My wife loves Beauty and the Beast so if I had proposed to her at WDW it would have been back near Be Our Guest/The Beast's Castle. I think this could be a good option because you can get engaged in front of a castle but that area of the park can be much less busy, especially depending on the time of day.

Another good option would be to propose at her favorite World Showcase pavilion, if she has one. If you do it inside the pavilion it would be more intimate than outside on the main walk.

If you can give a little more detail about your trip plans as well as about your girlfriend and what she likes best at WDW I can try and come up with some more ideas.

What about on one of the rides? Not on a roller coaster, but small world, or pirates might work, or ariel's grotto. Of if you are staying on property and really want it to be private, have a cake sent to your room.
Is there a resort she likes? Have dinner at the resort and take a walk to the beach (poly, bc etc), and do it there.

One beach at Poly, GF or WL during The Electric Water Parade. Or while the fireworks at MK are going off. Do you still get free mini golf when staying on Property? you could do something there

Hi all

So me and my girlfriend are coming to WDW in late April/early May for the first time and my plan is to propose to her... but I'm a little stuck on where to do this.

She doesn't like the idea of having it done with lots of people looking (so takes photopass on main street off the list). I don't really have the money to pay for an experience, so it would need to not cost (like the boat rides on the lagoon etc.)

Many Thanks
Where will you be staying on your trip?

If you propose at WDW in a public place there is going to be SOMEONE who sees, but you can do as much as possible to minimize that of course, which is what it sounds like you are asking to do.

Does she have a favorite park? Of course MK is most common but you could do it anywhere.

My wife loves Beauty and the Beast so if I had proposed to her at WDW it would have been back near Be Our Guest/The Beast's Castle. I think this could be a good option because you can get engaged in front of a castle but that area of the park can be much less busy, especially depending on the time of day.

Another good option would be to propose at her favorite World Showcase pavilion, if she has one. If you do it inside the pavilion it would be more intimate than outside on the main walk.

If you can give a little more detail about your trip plans as well as about your girlfriend and what she likes best at WDW I can try and come up with some more ideas.

We’re doing a split stay at POR and WL. She’s a huge animal lover, so was thinking somewhere at AKL or AK? Would love to have a PhotoPass or Disney photographer to capture the moment

We’re doing a split stay at POR and WL. She’s a huge animal lover, so was thinking somewhere at AKL or AK? Would love to have a PhotoPass or Disney photographer to capture the moment

I don't know of PhotoPass photographers being available at the resorts, but maybe in the case of AKL there would be.

There is a large seating area near Flame Tree Barbecue that has friendly birds that roam around. You can walk down through the seating area near the water and propose. If it's not during a high eating time it shouldn't be too busy there.

Before you go down just grab a photographer and ask if s/he could follow you for a quick picture.

What about doing dinner at Sanaa. Call ahead and tell them your plans. Ask for a spot near the window.

My husband proposed to me with the help of Talking Mickey. Somehow, he managed to tell several of the cast members in the queue about his plan without me noticing! So by the time we got up to the front of the queue the word had been passed along and Talking Mickey was totally in on the whole thing!! It was amazing!! There were people watching, but only a small group. And we have the added bonus of the photo pass photographer as well as one of the cast members who took my phone and got the whole thing on video.

My husband proposed to me with the help of Talking Mickey. Somehow, he managed to tell several of the cast members in the queue about his plan without me noticing! So by the time we got up to the front of the queue the word had been passed along and Talking Mickey was totally in on the whole thing!! It was amazing!! There were people watching, but only a small group. And we have the added bonus of the photo pass photographer as well as one of the cast members who took my phone and got the whole thing on video.

I'm surprised they let this happen. Normally characters do NOT get involved due to the "No" factor.

Hi all

Many Thanks

Stick to the basics dude. Does she like a particular ride? Park? Restaurant? Anything like that? If yes, there ya go. Pick a spot nearby, get a CM from the attraction and have them help. Do NOT count on characters helping. There's an anomaly response here, that until I see the video, I'm skeptical believing it happened because, as I said there, the last thing Disney wants is a "No" coming out of the persons mouth and smiling characters and whatnot in the picture/video. It's been said that in the past if something like that happened, the character would turn their back to the proposal. Perhaps with this being the talking Mickey, it's possible, but even still, he's got a smile.

There's an anomaly response here, that until I see the video, I'm skeptical believing it happened because, as I said there, the last thing Disney wants is a "No" coming out of the persons mouth and smiling characters and whatnot in the picture/video.

Proof! :earboy2:

And my husband said all the cast members 'flew' into action and were more than happy to pass the word up the line. I think he just told them he was planning on proposing during our meet and greet.

(also, this was just before MSSHP)

MK_TSTHEATERBCHAR_20161020_7836292658 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised they let this happen. Normally characters do NOT get involved due to the "No" factor.

I thought it was OK as long as you don't ask a CM or the character to handle the ring.

OP so this isn't a surprise at all? It sounds like your GF is helping you plan where its going to happen which sort of sounds strange. Its like you and your GF are just picking a spot where you are handing over the ring.

My husband proposed during the fireworks. There was a ton of people around, however no one was paying attention to us so it was still just him an I in the moment. Of course due to this there is no pictures of the proposal but I will never forget it so i don't need pictures.

At AKL there is a savannah outlook, and there is usually a CM around to answer questions that could take a picture. You could propose there near the animals, it's usually very quiet. You could always leave her in the lobby at Jambo House, excuse yourself to the restroom, then go and find a CM out there and arrange a picture before you suggest she join you ;) My DH proposed to me at Epcot a little over three years ago by the lake in a quiet area across from Canada and Great Britain pavilions (I'm from Canada, he's American, plus I love the Twinings tea shop, so perfect spot!). Only a few people noticed because he was obviously proposing being down on one knee, but I wish someone would have snapped a picture! Now we stop by 'our spot' every trip just to reminisce. Good luck in choosing the perfect spot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!