Water Bottle? or Purchase Water? What do you all do?

My thoughts in no particular order:

1. Buying bottled water in the parks every day for that many people is quite cost prohibitive.
  2. If your family doesn't like the taste of the tap water, then you either need to add something to the water to make it taste better or you need to filter it.
  3. Bring a Brita water bottle for each person. Or if that's too many water bottles to carry, have family members who tend to swap germs a lot (husband & wife, for example) share 1 water bottle.
  4. Then you go to any CS location & fill up the Brita water bottle with ice water. The Brita thing should filter out the taste that you don't care for.
  5. OR use 1 or 2 Britas and filter all the water through that and then transfer to your Yeti water bottle.
  6. You can't bring glass containers into the parks.

We buy cases of water bottles for the parks and gallons for the room for coffee. Last trip for 6 people we has a soft sided cooler to carry on the stroller or the wheelchair. The cooler was about 18 inches square. We had about 6-8 cans of soda, 6-8 bottles of water and 4-6 juice pouches. The kids started with full sippy cups. And usually the stroller already had a cup or two that adults were drinking.

We saved a boat load of money with not buying water or soda in the parks the entire week.

But if we didn't have something to carry all that liquid, we'd be going into the park with just a couple of bottles and get the water from CS.

We're going for the first time this summer and a collapsible (so it's small in your bag when you're done drinking) water bottle (cheaper) with a built-in filter (no taste) is what we're going to use. Perhaps you could look into that?
Quick service locations can give you cups of ice water for free but I'm worried about the taste. I've drunk heavily chrolined water before and I can tolerate it for a day or two but not for three weeks. I mean I would if I had no choice but I'd rather not.

My thoughts in no particular order:

I'll definitely give the brittas a chance. The thing is we are all water snobs, we are used to drinking Aqua Panna in the glass bottles by the cases. When the grandchildren see us they look forward to the Aqua Panna, they don't always have it at home, they buy other brands too.
I can't believe I just admitted that here... none of us care to drink alcohol so we make up for it with water. My son & daughter in law too.
I'll give all the suggestions a whirl tho, it won't kill us for 8 days!! I'll be sure to buy a few cases from Amazon for the rooms tho, maybe 6.
  1. Buying bottled water in the parks every day for that many people is quite cost prohibitive.
  2. If your family doesn't like the taste of the tap water, then you either need to add something to the water to make it taste better or you need to filter it.
  3. Bring a Brita water bottle for each person. Or if that's too many water bottles to carry, have family members who tend to swap germs a lot (husband & wife, for example) share 1 water bottle.
  4. Then you go to any CS location & fill up the Brita water bottle withh ice water. The Brita thing should filter out the taste that you don't care for.
  5. OR use 1 or 2 Britas and filter all the water through that and then transfer to your Yeti water bottle.
  6. You can't bring glass containers into the parks.

We order cases of water from Garden Grocer, they deliver to the resort, and then we fill out hydroflasks with ice and water before we leave for the day. We normally take our two 32 oz hydroflasks and then multiple bottles of water to refill them with.

We brought a collapsible water bottle that had a carabiner clip to it so we attached it to our park bag. We did do the courtesy water which is very easy to get and water fountain combo. It worked perfectly for us. My husband had actually gotten it for free from one of his vendors but they aren't really expensive to purchase either.

Here's basically what it looked like (searched Google for some pics):

upload_2018-5-30_16-52-13.png upload_2018-5-30_16-52-37.png

We brought a collapsible water bottle that had a carabiner clip to it so we attached it to our park bag. We did do the courtesy water which is very easy to get and water fountain combo. It worked perfectly for us. My husband had actually gotten it for free from one of his vendors but they aren't really expensive to purchase either.

Here's basically what it looked like (searched Google for some pics):

View attachment 326024 View attachment 326025

I like the idea of those in theory, but in practice whenever I've looked seriously at getting one I've been nervous about how well the insides can be cleaned out. It just seems like it would be hard with the small opening at the top and no hard sides against which to scrub a bottle brush.

There are six of us, and we always pickup water bottles at Walmart, Walgreens or Target. Everyone takes one or two a day. We usually buy drinks during the day also.

I like the idea of those in theory, but in practice whenever I've looked seriously at getting one I've been nervous about how well the insides can be cleaned out. It just seems like it would be hard with the small opening at the top and no hard sides against which to scrub a bottle brush.
I'll be honest..it was never cleaned out but nor has it been used again. The one we have is BPA free. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to unscrew the lid put soap and water and screw back on the lid then shake it around empty it out some press on the sides to smush around the soap then wash it out and let it air dry. Hope I'm explaining that well enough as it works in my mind lol. IDK if that would clean it really really good but I'd be ok with it personally can't speak to others. It's also cheap enough IMO that if you wanted to just toss it (or recycle what you can) you could and just buy a new one for the next trip.

The other kind I was thinking about getting was hydaway bottle:

upload_2018-5-30_17-44-24.png but it was more than I honestly wanted to spend especially because the other option at home was free lol. But it is still one that I will keep in mind for the future. I believe the hydaway is dishwasher safe though.

I prefer to carry as little as possible, as well as not spend my money on bottled water in the parks. Like others have mentioned, plenty of water fountains and CS to get water from.

I prefer to carry as little as possible, as well as not spend my money on bottled water in the parks. Like others have mentioned, plenty of water fountains and CS to get water from.
I should really try this too!

I use a clip to attach my water bottle to my purse so I don't have to carry a big backpack or carry the bottle in my hand. Just search amazon for water bottle purse or backpack clips. The clip fits around the neck of standard water bottles

I can dehydrate really easily - in May 2009 we were at WDW for our "babymoon" when I was 27 weeks pregnant - it was a heat wave in the 90s all week - and I ended up in Labor & Delivery at Celebration Hospital due to severe dehydration. Baby and I were fine (he'll be 9 in August) but it was SCARY. And I thought I had been drinking enough water.

So we don't care about carrying a backpack (even in the August heat) and will order at least 2 cases of water to be delivered to our resort. We bring an insulated bag and ziplocks and fill them with ice to keep the water cool. I'll get the free water too. I'd rather wait in security than chance not having enough water when I need it.

There will be 7 of us & we all drink a lot of water especially me, because I've been hospitalized with dehydration twice in the last 13 months. I have to drink 96 oz. a day in order to not be dehydrated so I'm sure it will be a challenge on July on our trip in the heat. I think if I have my Yetti water bottle with me it would great. It's stainless steel & 36oz. but I"m not sure if it's allowed. My son & husband drink a lot of water as well. Then the 3 grandsons 1,2 &5, and my daughter in law. I want to make sure everyone stays hydrated so we can really enjoy this trip without being paranoid. I can see us spending at least $1000 on bottled water for the 7 days. I don't really want to wait in line for water though and waste a bunch of time buying bottled. I'm also not sure if we will like the taste of the water, I remember last time in 2004 it had a chlorine taste, is that still the case? It also dried my hair out in the shower to the point where it frizzed like an 80's style in all the pics, lol.
So many questions about something as simple as drinking water.

We don't really add any flavors to our water, as we are a family that's allergic to just about everything under the sun between the 7 of us. Food dyes, dairy, eggs, wheat or gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, oats, barley,seafood, fish strawberries, figs, atichokes...and i'm sure Ive missed a few. That's a lot of allergies between 7 people. We do all table service meals. Disney is the one of the few places we can all go and dine together without worry. The chefs personally come out and talk to us and whip up something we can all eat. They have their work cut out for them and never make us feel like it's a bother.

When we order from Garden Grocer we add 2 or 3 cases of water to our order. Freeze them the night before. They defrost pretty quickly in the florida sun but then you have a really nice cold water. Everone carries at least one in their backpack except for one of my sons. He likes to wear a camel back. It is basically a water bladder in a backpack. You drink from a long tube.

When we order from Garden Grocer we add 2 or 3 cases of water to our order. Freeze them the night before. They defrost pretty quickly in the florida sun but then you have a really nice cold water. Everone carries at least one in their backpack except for one of my sons. He likes to wear a camel back. It is basically a water bladder in a backpack. You drink from a long tube.
I'll have to check out garden grocer. I also have Amazon prime, I think they deliver as well. It might save time, since I had planned to take a drive to Wholefoods.

We try not to drink from plastic water bottles after reading some recent studies showing large amounts of tiny plastic bits in all bottles that were tested! (Yikes!) The plan was to bring our own stainless steel water bottles. But... we were on vacation and apparently no one wanted to carry a bag or a "heavy" water bottle. So... we grabbed three tiny water bottles (sigh!) that we refilled at water fountains *and* we got free cups of ice water at many counter locations. We stayed hydrated. (And I carried a lightweight cloth shoulder bag and held the mini bottles, sunscreen, etc for everybody.)

Brita bottles. Water gets filtered plus you don`t have to carry multiple water bottles for each person. We bring 2 Brita bottles (the squeezable type) for our family of 4 and we attach them to purse, backpack, etc with a carabiner clip. We refill them from a fountain or a CS location throughout the day as needed.

We use the Brita filtered bottles carried in an insulated water bottle carrier with a strap that you can wear cross body. Like other people have posted, it's super easy to get ice water from any CS. The bags I have I bought on a Carnival cruise when we were getting off the ship at port. They had a 1 liter bottle in them. These work perfect for the large Brita bottles because they cinch down over the top of the bottle keeping it cold, but not so far down that you can't get to the bottle. We usually have a stroller to hang them on. Our adult trip in November will be a test on how willing we are to carry the bottle. I have searched high and low to try to buy a couple more of these bags, but I can't find them anywhere. My parents really wanted some so I just loan them ours when they need them. The links below are for the bottle we use and a carrier that looks like it would work. I ordered the carrier to give to my parents so I hope so!!

https://www.amazon.com/Brita-Ounce-...1527987951&sr=8-7&keywords=brita+water+bottle

https://www.amazon.com/Neoprene-Car...Zh&pd_rd_wg=OjT2g&refRID=BAKJW71J9HRVWCJ0J7XX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!