Water Bottle? or Purchase Water? What do you all do?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
There will be 7 of us & we all drink a lot of water especially me, because I've been hospitalized with dehydration twice in the last 13 months. I have to drink 96 oz. a day in order to not be dehydrated so I'm sure it will be a challenge on July on our trip in the heat. I think if I have my Yetti water bottle with me it would great. It's stainless steel & 36oz. but I"m not sure if it's allowed. My son & husband drink a lot of water as well. Then the 3 grandsons 1,2 &5, and my daughter in law. I want to make sure everyone stays hydrated so we can really enjoy this trip without being paranoid. I can see us spending at least $1000 on bottled water for the 7 days. I don't really want to wait in line for water though and waste a bunch of time buying bottled. I'm also not sure if we will like the taste of the water, I remember last time in 2004 it had a chlorine taste, is that still the case? It also dried my hair out in the shower to the point where it frizzed like an 80's style in all the pics, lol.
So many questions about something as simple as drinking water.

We don't really add any flavors to our water, as we are a family that's allergic to just about everything under the sun between the 7 of us. Food dyes, dairy, eggs, wheat or gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, oats, barley,seafood, fish strawberries, figs, atichokes...and i'm sure Ive missed a few. That's a lot of allergies between 7 people. We do all table service meals. Disney is the one of the few places we can all go and dine together without worry. The chefs personally come out and talk to us and whip up something we can all eat. They have their work cut out for them and never make us feel like it's a bother.

There are 5 of us, and we always bring in our own bottled water. You can bring in your own water bottles, but for our family, we cannot tolerate the taste of water in Orlando. At home, we drink tap water, but when we are in Orlando, we exclusively drink bottled water.

Water bottle for us. We fill it regularly at the drinking fountains and at the quick-service restaurants.

But then I'm not bothered by the taste of the water, so this may not be your best choice (though it would certainly be your least expensive one).

When my kids were still stroller age, we brought in as much frozen bottled water to the parks as we could, making use of that stroller basket. Of course, we would also buy juice or other drinks when those were done. Now that my kids are older, I still like us to each carry in at least one or two bottles of water. Drinks are so expensive in the parks, any little bit helps. We would just buy a case of water at our resort or stop by at Walmart.

I can't believe they let you carry the water into the parks. I was thinking empty water bottle, but I'll make sure it's full! How about Aqua Panna, do they allow glass bottles? Sometimes it's only available at Whole Foods in glass.

Neither! I don't like carrying a water bottle around with me all day & bottled water is too expensive when you are buying for multiple family members.
Disney offers a free cup of water with ice, it's yours for the asking. I've never been told no.
Do you have to wait in line for it though?

I can't believe they let you carry the water into the parks. I was thinking empty water bottle, but I'll make sure it's full! How about Aqua Panna, do they allow glass bottles? Sometimes it's only available at Whole Foods in glass.

No glass allowed.

But have your non-glass bottle just as full as you like when you enter the park. :-)

We order a case of bottled water and have it delivered to the resort. I think the last time it was under $10 from Amazon. We also carry a refillable stainless bottle in a backpack in the parks. We usually fill the bottle before we go to the parks and then refill at counter serve spots once it's empty.

We order a case of bottled water and have it delivered to the resort. I think the last time it was under $10 from Amazon. We also carry a refillable stainless bottle in a backpack in the parks. We usually fill the bottle before we go to the parks and then refill at counter serve spots once it's empty.
Amazon delivers to Resorts? to the lobby, or room?

Amazon delivers to Resorts? to the lobby, or room?
Yes, they do. We ordered through Amazon Now and they delivered to us at the Poly within an hour or so. They delivered to bell services and then bell services can bring to your room if you're there I've been told, similar to bringing you your bags. We just went to bell services and picked it up and brought it to our room and stocked the fridge. It was great.

I don't use plastic water bottles, so I always bring in a refillable water bottle (and do the same for my kids) - we use water fountains to fill up the bottles, and have found more and more places either have water on the soda fountain or have water cooler to refill a bottle. We were at the parks all day today and found plenty of places to fill our bottles up.

There will be 7 of us & we all drink a lot of water especially me, because I've been hospitalized with dehydration twice in the last 13 months. I have to drink 96 oz. a day in order to not be dehydrated so I'm sure it will be a challenge on July on our trip in the heat. I think if I have my Yetti water bottle with me it would great. It's stainless steel & 36oz. but I"m not sure if it's allowed. My son & husband drink a lot of water as well. Then the 3 grandsons 1,2 &5, and my daughter in law. I want to make sure everyone stays hydrated so we can really enjoy this trip without being paranoid. I can see us spending at least $1000 on bottled water for the 7 days. I don't really want to wait in line for water though and waste a bunch of time buying bottled. I'm also not sure if we will like the taste of the water, I remember last time in 2004 it had a chlorine taste, is that still the case? It also dried my hair out in the shower to the point where it frizzed like an 80's style in all the pics, lol.

We don't really add any flavors to our water, as we are a family that's allergic to just about everything under the sun between the 7 of us. Food dyes, dairy, eggs, wheat or gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, oats, barley,seafood, fish strawberries, figs, atichokes...and i'm sure Ive missed a few. That's a lot of allergies between 7 people. We do all table service meals. Disney is the one of the few places we can all go and dine together without worry. The chefs personally come out and talk to us and whip up something we can all eat. They have their work cut out for them and never make us feel like it's a bother.

We don't carry water - it is readily available at any of the CS places. We just stop whenever we are thirsty - get as much as we want at a time. I hate carrying water.

We take the Brita drinking bottles with the filters and just keep filling them up as the day goes on. We keep them in the fridge overnight so we have cold water to start. We fill them up at fountains through out the day.

We take collapsible water bottles that have carabiner clips on them to attach to our backpack. Take them in full in the morning and refill as needed at the QS restaurants in the park that we know have self serve fountain machines (they all have a water button) so we can fill them back to the top with cold ice water. Or if we’re not near one of them (only a few places have self service drinks in the parks) get a few free cups at the counter and dump them in for travel.

No you don't.

You walk into a counter service location, walk past the line, and go directly to where you pick up your food and ask for a cup of water. You're in and out in about 90 seconds.
Yes, your answer is spot on. My answer to the OP was more in comparison to carrying a bottle of water right on his/her person vs they will need to wait in some sort of line for free water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!