Wanted: Conciege Collection Reviews

cmark

Earning My Ears
I, like most DVC members bought because I love WDW. However, the conciege collection was an attractive part of the club. This Board is very helpful, but I have not seen very many reviews about the different concierge resorts. I would appreciate anyone that has used this program to review the resorts that they have visited--and their impressions. Doc, maybe we could even set this up as a resource file that reviews could be added to the different resorts??? Thanks for your help.

You might want to try the "search" feature. Just ask for a specific CC resort. Many have already had posts discussing experiences at a variety of these resorts.

We can try to compile a list of CC threads and post it at the top of the DVC Forum page. Good suggestion!

I haven't used the CC for any of the options and have only been to a couple of the resorts. General concensus is that these, for the most part, are world class resorts. The Grand in MI, Stein Erickson Lodge, Arizona Biltmore, the 2 HI resorts, and so on. All you have to do is turn on the travel chanel and you're likely to see one of them reviewed. I've seen 6 of them mentioned within the last 2 weeks and have seen a whole show on 2 of them. These should be easy resorts to get info on. I'd agree that a collection of reviews on the resorts might be helpful for some. MS should be able to send you that type of info on any you have interest in. I can only think of one (maybe 2) that I'd have concerns about the resort.

The resorts are not the problem, the points costs in the problem. I guess that's another thread so I'll let it go at present. Much has been said about Keystone, the HI resorts, The Grand, The dude ranch and SF choices, do a search. If there's something you don't find, ask and maybe others will know something to help.

If you are not too far from Asheville, NC, you should check out the Grove Park Inn. It is an old Historic Inn built about the same time as the Biltamore Mansion (the largest house in the Usa)
The Hotel also has a fantastic spa and golf and tennis. Asheville is a neat little town. The hotel has been visited by most of the Presidents, and other famous people. On the door will be a sign that has the name of the famous person who stayed in the room. But best of all, it is haunted!!! Just ask anybody there to tell you about the pink lady ghost.!!!!

We visited the Sagamore at Bolton Landing on Lake George for three nights last week. The Sagamore is a Grand Old Historic Hotel, with Colonial architecture and elegant décor. It sits on its own 72-acre island. There are about 4 restaurants located in the main hotel. It has tennis, mini golf, a beach, a golf course, indoor and outdoor pools and a full European spa. We stayed in the Lodges, which are very nice condos decorated in American country and Adirondack styles. You get a bedroom, a small kitchen and dining area and a living room with deck and fireplace overlooking Lake George. Lake George is surrounded by the Adirondacks. It is a gorgeous lake and was very beautiful with all the fall foliage.
During the summer there is boating, swimming and all kinds of summer stuff, in winter there is cross-country skiing, snowmobiling and downhill nearby. In spring and fall there is hiking and just general enjoyment of the area. The place was fairly empty and there was nobody in the stores or restaurants.
The place was very nice. Top shelf. We will return during ski or summer seasons.

Woodstock and Topnotch

We visited Woodstock Inn and Topnotch in Vermont in September of 2000 when we first joined DVC. We flew into Burlington (Tampa to Newark to Burlington) and rented a car. We stayed our first night in Burlington and then took a boat tour the next day on Lake Champlain, which was just beautiful. We then drove south to Woodstock and spent three nights there. We really enjoyed the Inn and the small town and surrounding areas. It is a quiet, upscale resort, more suited for adults, and the main restaurant is excellent but expensive. Breakfasts are included with the DVC deal. The town is quaint and has interesting shops and galleries. A rental car is great to get out and see the surrounding countryside. One day we drove up a mountain (Acusnet or something similar) and also drove across the longest wooden bridge in the U.S., to New Hamshire, across the Connecticut River.
After Woodstock, we drove north, and through the Green Mountains, to Stow Vermont and Topnotch Resort and Spa for 2 nights. The resort is west of town, and the whole area is built up a little more than Woodstock, as it is a popular ski resort area, so there are more activities for kids. On the way up, we stopped and took the $1 Ben & Jerry's tour nearby, which was lots of fun! We had some great meals around Stowe, particularly at the resort (expensive) and at "Whiskers" - a restaurant resembling a French country house. We took a ride on the ski lift (early September - no snow yet) up Mt. Mansfield (I think) and it was great (much cooler at the top). The resort has an indoor pool and a large spa with a waterfall for your shoulders. We did not get any special treatments and chose not to pay $20 for a basic spa visit, as there was a steam room, a spa and a pool all outside the actual spa. The $20 would have added lockers and exercise equipment and some more steam rooms. After Stowe, we drove back to Burlington (about 45 minutes) and flew home. A great trip. I would recommend both resorts for a nice leisurely getaway.

We used points to stay at Big Cedar Lodge and it is awesome!!!!!They have turn down service every night!!!!
The food is great, the people are very helpful and freindly.
The resort is beautiful. We stayed in an inn room and found it be almost as big as a studio at OKW.
They had a jacuzzi in the regular inn room,
Big Cedar sits on a lake and all the inn rooms have lake views and private porches. We would sit on the porch and watch the sun rise.
They have a marina. a stable, putt-putt. croquet. and 2 pools.
Its only about a 15 minute drive from Branson and lots of shows.
We went on Labor Day weekend and although they were 99% ocuppied, we never felt the crowds.
The owner of Big Cedar also has a nature center called Dogwood Canyon about 20 mins. from the lodge. We went there also.
Really,really nice place.
We're going back Memorial Day weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter