Want to apply again for the college program but have one reprimand

anadisney13

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm new and I just wanted to know if anyone here, who did the college program, ever got accepted again after finishing a past program with a reprimand (Or know about someone)

I just finished the Disney International Program, and ended up with an attendance reprimand for calling in sick, (I really was sick), and now I want to do the program again but I'm worried they won't accept and think that maybe they would rather hire someone with a clean record card :(

Have you heard about someone who got accepted again after having a reprimand?

I spent 5 years looking for work in Australia. I did not get any paid work for 5 years. I got fired after two weeks at a venture in Brisbane for being too slow. I was told I will never make it. Being disabled and hearing you should not apply for this job or that is too hard. After hearing 1000 nos. You cannot do this, I got a certificate II. And even with that I got lots of no. I applied to the same company after I got a certificate II in kitchen operations. And was hired a position in the same company I now worked for 4 years one day a week. There is no harm in applying . The worse that can happen is no. Do not let anyone say you a not good enough. Make sure you are healthy and get all full workup at the clinic first!
I work at Urbane in Brisbane http://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/...2017-good-food-guide-the-hats-20160718-gq86wl

ps why did you get reprimanded for being sick? that does not make sense

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new and I just wanted to know if anyone here, who did the college program, ever got accepted again after finishing a past program with a reprimand (Or know about someone)

I just finished the Disney International Program, and ended up with an attendance reprimand for calling in sick, (I really was sick), and now I want to do the program again but I'm worried they won't accept and think that maybe they would rather hire someone with a clean record card :(

Have you heard about someone who got accepted again after having a reprimand?

I know of several cast members that were hired for multiple college programs even with points/reprimands. In fact, I myself was hired again after being a restricted rehire -- I had to end my first program early due to my grandmother's terminal cancer diagnosis, but did give them a two weeks' notice. The managers were incredibly kind when I had to leave, and I knew back then that I'd end up trying to go back someday to finish what I'd started -- and now I'm so glad I did, even though I no longer work there!

I will say this, though -- I wouldn't shy away from talking about this at some point during your interview. From a hiring standpoint, it seems incredibly responsible and honest to bring this up yourself, and then perhaps to talk about what happened.

I know of several cast members that were hired for multiple college programs even with points/reprimands. In fact, I myself was hired again after being a restricted rehire -- I had to end my first program early due to my grandmother's terminal cancer diagnosis, but did give them a two weeks' notice. The managers were incredibly kind when I had to leave, and I knew back then that I'd end up trying to go back someday to finish what I'd started -- and now I'm so glad I did, even though I no longer work there!

I will say this, though -- I wouldn't shy away from talking about this at some point during your interview. From a hiring standpoint, it seems incredibly responsible and honest to bring this up yourself, and then perhaps to talk about what happened.
But people get sick . Its a part of life. What is wrong with being sick?

But people get sick . Its a part of life. What is wrong with being sick?

Definitely nothing wrong with being sick at all! That's the point, really -- the recruiter isn't going to fault them (in my opinion) for the OP just explaining that while they had their program, they did get sick and ended up with a reprimand. It's all information they'll have access to anyway, and it might avoid the recruiter bringing it up themselves. But really, it's up to the OP -- whatever you're most comfortable with is best. I wouldn't sweat it too much though -- as AdamEfimoff said, people get sick!

Good luck, OP!! :)

I spent 5 years looking for work in Australia. I did not get any paid work for 5 years. I got fired after two weeks at a venture in Brisbane for being too slow. I was told I will never make it. Being disabled and hearing you should not apply for this job or that is too hard. After hearing 1000 nos. You cannot do this, I got a certificate II. And even with that I got lots of no. I applied to the same company after I got a certificate II in kitchen operations. And was hired a position in the same company I now worked for 4 years one day a week. There is no harm in applying . The worse that can happen is no. Do not let anyone say you a not good enough. Make sure you are healthy and get all full workup at the clinic first!
I work at Urbane in Brisbane http://www.goodfood.com.au/eat-out/...2017-good-food-guide-the-hats-20160718-gq86wl

ps why did you get reprimanded for being sick? that does not make sense

I had two kidney stones :/

I had two kidney stones but on my record card they do not see the reason for the reprimand :(

I know it might be hard, but I wouldn't worry too much -- just let them know what happened! Honestly, we're only human, and they know that things happen -- and with something like kidney stones, I can't imagine having to go to work through that. There's no harm in trying, right? c:

I honestly don't think they'll even ask you about it. I had a reprimand on my last program and was just accepted for another one. Unless you had multiple reprimands (more than two), self-termed or were termed (unfavorable rehire or no rehire), I don't think it matters! Go through the application process as normal, and on the off chance your interviewer asks you about it, be honest with them.

I honestly don't think they'll even ask you about it. I had a reprimand on my last program and was just accepted for another one. Unless you had multiple reprimands (more than two), self-termed or were termed (unfavorable rehire or no rehire), I don't think it matters! Go through the application process as normal, and on the off chance your interviewer asks you about it, be honest with them.

What was your reprimand for? :( Did you had any more points?

What was your reprimand for? :( Did you had any more points?

A lot of personal issues came up on top of me getting sick, so I had a reprimand for too many call outs! I may have gotten a point or two after that, I'm not sure, but I only had the one reprimand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!