"Walt Disney World." Facebook page

Mufasa&Simba

Mouseketeer
I tried searching for this topic on here to see if it was mentioned already and kind of surprised I didn't find anything. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen those fake "Walt Disney World." (with the period at the end, of course) Facebook pages claiming to give away park tickets to lucky winners. I'm kind of shocked at the number of family/friends on Facebook that have fallen for it and I've even said it's fake. These pages have only 5,000 LIKES or less. The real Disney World page has 14 million likes- makes more sense. It's not just Disney World, I know there was a "Southwest Airline." (notices without the s in airline) a little under a year ago. Here's an article I found about all these Disney World hoax pages:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/fake_walt_disney_world_facebook_pages_being_used_to_scam_people_with_free_trips.html

I'm not sure what makes me more upset... that these "people" are doing this to hoax/scam innocent people or that people I know who normally are pretty intelligent human beings are falling for it!

Two quotes come to mind: "there is a sucker born every minute" and "if it sounds too good to be true, it is!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter