Waits for SW characters

momof2n2

DIS Veteran
do the characters meet continuously in light and dark sides? As in DHS? How are the waits lately?

Yes, they meet continuously. You can see their times on the app.

At 10:13 last Saturday (so 13 minutes after Launch Bay opened), the posted wait time for Chewbacca was 20 minutes and Rey was 10 minutes. However, we actually were only behind one other family for Rey, and no one was behind us at all when we went in, so my daughter spent several minutes with her "learning to fly the Millenium Falcon." When we left, she only had one family waiting again. Chewie's side had a real line the whole time; 20 minutes was probably close to accurate.

The Dark Side has Kylo and Darth, and I saw people in both lines but didn't actually walk by to see the wait times.

If you can go in the first 30 minutes that the Launch Bay is open, the lines aren't usually too bad.

I've never waited longer than 30 minutes for any of them. In April, Kylo started up while we were in line waiting for Darth so when we finished we literally walked right in to see him.

In our experience the lines are not long and they over state the time. We've met Chewie and both Vader and Kylo.

If the weather is very warm, we actually like waiting for the characters in Launch Bay. The a/c is nicely efficient in there! It can make for a pleasant break during the peak heat of the day.

On our last visit two years ago, we had no idea the SW characters were going to be there. We went into the building just to cool off and look around. I remember seeing an empty line for a character greeting and didn't see a sign for who it was. So I said lets go peek in here. There was Chewy! I think I giggled with glee for 5 minutes straight. We got the best pictures with him since no one was in line behind us. I'm happy to hear the lines are still short, but longer than our last visit. We will have to check it out.

The line for Darth Vader doesn't look very long but it takes a little longer than it looks because they take one group into the room at a time. WELL WORTH the 15-minute wait to see my husband's reaction. I won't give spoilers, but he was super impressed at his interaction with one of his favorite characters.

I don't remember from seeing Chewbacca a couple years ago whether the room setup is the same. Some character meets (like Mickey's house in Toontown) they have several groups in the room at once.

PHXscuba

The line for Darth Vader doesn't look very long but it takes a little longer than it looks because they take one group into the room at a time. WELL WORTH the 15-minute wait to see my husband's reaction. I won't give spoilers, but he was super impressed at his interaction with one of his favorite characters.

I don't remember from seeing Chewbacca a couple years ago whether the room setup is the same. Some character meets (like Mickey's house in Toontown) they have several groups in the room at once.

PHXscuba

We did all 3 and all were one group at a time. They have an area they call a tunnel where a second group can wait. We have never had very long interactions with the characters, but I imagine some people do.

We did all 3 and all were one group at a time. They have an area they call a tunnel where a second group can wait. We have never had very long interactions with the characters, but I imagine some people do.

We met Darth Vader, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca and Rey, and every time you are alone in the room during the meet. The interactions are fantastic and we’ve had some long ones. My favorite ones were Chewy teaching my son how to press all the buttons on his instrument panel and all of our Darth Vader meets. The best Darth Vader interaction was when my friend acted “scared” of him. I felt like I had stepped right onto the set of Star Wars, it was fantastic.

This is great.
We met Chewy and Kyle at DHS and they were fabulous. We had to leave Ren the first time because my dd 6 went hysterical with fear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter