Waitlisting during December & January

prouddaddycdn

Mouseketeer
Hello DVC owners. I am about to close on an AKV DVC resale contract that has a Feb use year and currently has 160 points sitting in a holding account for 2016. These must be used by Jan 31, 2017 or be lost forever.

My wife and I bought the contract knowing these points would likely burn (2018 year already has 2017 banked into it so we get another 320 points come Feb 1st, 2018) so took a flyer on the off chance we could book something last minute this December or January, provided we close on time with Disney.

I had a quick look for Jan 1st to 5th and it looks like I can only book 2 days consecutively during that 5 day time frame. Same story for pretty much all of December so my question is, how likely am I to get another day or two tacked on to the 2 day reservation if I waitlist? I thought first week of January would be easier to book since it is directly after the holidays.

As an FYI, we are good to go to Disney either the first 2 weeks of December of from Dec 30th - January 8th.

Thanks.

Odds of getting anything marathon weekend are extremely poor. last on the wait list for a popular weekend.

That is also why that week is not and never will be an easier booking: marathon.

First week of December is also likely a lost cause. Most popular week for booking DVC all year.

If I were you -- I would consider renting those points out to someone that wants to book at the end of January -- or book something for those weeks yourself. December is going to be next to impossible, as is marathon week in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!