Waitlisted 1 night. Still hasn't come through...

kbeam

Don't get saucy with me, Bernaise.
In April, I waitlisted 1 night for early December. 2 different resorts. 3 months later and still nothing. This has never happened to us before (and we usually go during F&W, another busy time)...we always had our waitlist come through in a matter of weeks. Is this a trend others are seeing, as well?

In may or June I know that there has been availability at both AKV and Poly for early December.

DVC released some inventory which was held. Those dates did however get picked up pretty fast when they made it into the open inventory.

A lot of people have experienced that the availability is there but their WL does not get filled.

I would recommend to stalk the RAT, hopefully your dates should open up.

Willing to bet the first week of Dec - pop warner has many renters vs a 'normal/non holiday' F&W stay

Take into account your WL:

what/# points per night (studio, 1 BR, etc.)

Where (popularity of resort)

When (mid week vs. weekend, etc.)

As more owners are added, availability get harder each year.

:earsboy: Bill

I am right there with you. We need two nights in December and I am checking the site 3-4 times a day with no luck. Not expecting our waitlist to come through.
Does anyone know if I book our missing nights with cash if they can keep us in the same room?

I am right there with you. We need two nights in December and I am checking the site 3-4 times a day with no luck. Not expecting our waitlist to come through.
Does anyone know if I book our missing nights with cash if they can keep us in the same room?
Yes, if MS books the cash nights for you in the same booking category.

If DRC books the cash nights, you'll need to have both DRC & MS cross-reference the reservation numbers and include a request to stay in the same room. (Again, cash & points nights need to be for same exact booking category).

Your real problem might be availability. There's no guarantee the nights will be available to you for cash.

Hope your waitlist works soon.

I finally called MS and booked the cash rate. I will still continue to check the website (4-5 times a day!!!!) these missing nights, but I have to say it feels better to have the dates sured up and know we shouldn't be switching rooms. The rates were not near as bad as what I was expecting!

What nights are you looking for?

I just released my SSR Dec 6. I was able to waitlist BCV successfully. Happened yesterday.

I had a night at SSR for Oct and AKL for December. Both trips are for Epcot and I've been stalking the site for Epcot hotels. On Friday I was able to book BCV for Oct and BWV for December... right in a row! Exactly what we wanted!!!! I wasn't on a waitlist for either. Just got lucky I guess!

YEA!!!! Both of days came through!! Cx my cash nights and they linked my entire stay. That feels better :) My youngest is happiest because it means we only have to sanitize one room!! :rotfl: I have them trained well! We open the Owner's Lockers and clean before we do anything....and stay healthy in Disney ::yes::

YEA!!!! Both of days came through!! Cx my cash nights and they linked my entire stay. That feels better :) My youngest is happiest because it means we only have to sanitize one room!! :rotfl: I have them trained well! We open the Owner's Lockers and clean before we do anything....and stay healthy in Disney ::yes::

So I am curious what exactly do you all clean before you "do anything"?

So I am curious what exactly do you all clean before you "do anything"?
I wipe everything down, remotes, light switches and all surfaces with clorox wipes. We travel quite a bit with our children's activities and I have seen a huge difference in the amount our children have gotten sick just by taking a few extra steps. I also preach hand washing often as that really is the only thing that kills the bugs ;) . I am not speaking for the original poster however and what she does may be different.

I just pieced together In the last week a 5 night BWV Studio Boardwalk view for the 2nd week of December. I waitlisted 2 of the 5 nights but they showed up on RAT so I grabbed them, I'm still stunned I got a BWV Studio let alone Boardwalk view. lost faith in the waitlist tho

I wipe everything down, remotes, light switches and all surfaces with clorox wipes. We travel quite a bit with our children's activities and I have seen a huge difference in the amount our children have gotten sick just by taking a few extra steps. I also preach hand washing often as that really is the only thing that kills the bugs ;) . I am not speaking for the original poster however and what she does may be different.

Same here, we stay in one or two bedrooms so we also wash the dishes, pots and pans, and utensils that we intend to use.

:earsboy: Bill

I have 2 WL for BCV and 1 just disappeared yesterday 7/30/17. No conformation yet

Not to freak you out just an FYI- there are some things that go around that are spore organism that don't die with Clorox and are becoming a problem. Clorox sells a health institution wipe that for hospitals and only available commercially or Amazon,of course. The wipes smell pretty strong but you def want them for the bathrooms and maybe even the floor.

Not to freak you out just an FYI- there are some things that go around that are spore organism that don't die with Clorox and are becoming a problem. Clorox sells a health institution wipe that for hospitals and only available commercially or Amazon,of course. The wipes smell pretty strong but you def want them for the bathrooms and maybe even the floor.
Do you know the name of the wipe? I will happily buy them ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter