• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waikiki fireworks?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
Anyone heard any rumblings on if/when the HHV might resume these on Friday nights?

I would caution you to not get too excited over the fireworks. They go for a scant 5-7mins so don’t arrange your whole evening around them.

I know you didn’t ask this, and IDK if it’s happening again yet either, but...there is also a free hula show right on the beach on Weds and Sat nights (I think). It’s not a five-minute show, either, and very talented performers. We caught it on our arrival night and it was the perfect way to start a trip—something a two minute walk from the hotel and free, in case we got sleepy and decided to bail.

I know you didn’t ask this, and IDK if it’s happening again yet either, but...there is also a free hula show right on the beach on Weds and Sat nights (I think). It’s not a five-minute show, either, and very talented performers. We caught it on our arrival night and it was the perfect way to start a trip—something a two minute walk from the hotel and free, in case we got sleepy and decided to bail.

I thought that show was cancelled right now as well.

I thought that show was cancelled right now as well.
It probably is :( But I hope it comes back! It’s such a great show, and it’s awesome that’s it’s free. My kids enjoyed meeting the elderly gentleman who was lighting the tiki torches under the banyan tree, too. It was just so much Aloha—couldn’t have made for a more perfect first night in Hawaii ❤️

I live close enough to just barely see/hear the show and I didn’t notice any tonight. My ultra-sensitive golden retriever is a big scardy cat and she didn’t pick up on signs of the doggy Armageddon otherwise known as fireworks.

As short as the show is, it’s very expensive to put on so I wouldn’t expect it to return anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter