Vwl

evedein said:
Are there VCRs (as opposed to DVD players) available at VWL?

My last trip was last May and they had VCRs and you could rent tapes for free at the Mercantile. The Lodge itself has been upgraded with flat screens and DVD players but I think the Villas are still VCR based.

I think someone says DVC is replacing as needed - so if you want a DVD instead just call housekeeping.

I don't remember if the new is just DVD or both VCR and DVD.

Flashback to 2006 an we were still using VCRs...

... and now we have blu-ray players in the VWL villas :) Who knew?

And in another 8 years this thread will be revived for someone to laugh at my comment and how antique blu-rays are. :rotfl:

Too funny I started reading the thread at the beginning post (did not look at dates) and was thinking to myself "wow they still have VCRs and people still have VHS movies they want to bring" then I got down to the current year.

I wonder what we will be using in 2022 ;-)

Thanks for the giggle!

Too funny I started reading the thread at the beginning post (did not look at dates) and was thinking to myself "wow they still have VCRs and people still have VHS movies they want to bring" then I got down to the current year. I wonder what we will be using in 2022 ;-) Thanks for the giggle!

I think most physical media is going away. Disney will have its own "cloud" service that will come with some basics or you could upgrade to purchase additional streams...

They have already started it. If you buy a physical DVD with the add on for the digital copy option you go onto "my disney anywhere" and put in code and now you have the movie in the app.

I still need to figure if you can only watch when connected to wifi or will we be able to view in airplane mode.

So agreed we will not have physical items to put into a DVD or whatever player very soon.

I think most physical media is going away. Disney will have its own "cloud" service that will come with some basics or you could upgrade to purchase additional streams...

Great...one more wireless service that Disney can buy from the lowest bidder. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter