VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

And while I'm in my hosting site - here's an old one I had of Mickey with 2 mountains:

p773846237-5.jpg

Didn't DVC Mickey once have a tail? I seem to remember he did only to have it frozen off during one particular cold snap a number of years ago. Then again, I may be hallucinating entirely. . .

I miss the Geese welcoming us back to The Lodge on Timberline Drive . . . . anybody have a photo of them?

Once when arriving from the Airport on the ME bus, the driver, self proclaimed "new guy", pointed out the lovely swans meeting us at the gate. When I disembarked, I pointed out that they were Geese. He responded "nobody cares". Man, I was stunned, but I guess there are those that work at Disney that hate the place.

I miss the Geese welcoming us back to The Lodge on Timberline Drive . . . . anybody have a photo of them?

Once when arriving from the Airport on the ME bus, the driver, self proclaimed "new guy", pointed out the lovely swans meeting us at the gate. When I disembarked, I pointed out that they were Geese. He responded "nobody cares". Man, I was stunned, but I guess there are those that work at Disney that hate the place.
Swans?! Maybe over at another hotel. . .hhrrmpph. Yes, I'd love to see a picture of them as well. All I have is video of the numerous times we drove by them. Guess they're never coming back.

Swans?! Maybe over at another hotel. . .hhrrmpph. Yes, I'd love to see a picture of them as well. All I have is video of the numerous times we drove by them. Guess they're never coming back.
I had to laugh about the geese/swans... my son who is 22 looked into our back yard a couple years ago ( yes probably around 19 or 20 at the time) and saw a group of birds eating pieces of bread I threw out. He says “hey look at all the Pelicans in the yard eating!” I start laughing and said “Joe they are Seagulls!” He looks out again and says “eh, whatever..” the best was it was winter snow all over the ground and were in Ct. So now whenever there are seagulls around we tease him about the pelicans in the backyard!:joker:

Just one more rumor . . . I was told that the logo went to two mountains because it used less ink to print. I always thought that was a lame excuse.

I'm afraid that was a bad rumor. It would cost the same to print with or without the third mountain since if you aren't printing the mountain you are printing the background color. Virtually no difference in ink costs. But it does sound like the kind of "Disney is cheap" rumor that goes around. In my opinion, Disney isn't cheap...the redo of the WL campus could have been done for much less if they just wanted to convert WL to DVC villas and add some cabins. But they clearly spent a lot on design and construction, no matter what we think of the end product.

Now I do think they could stand to invest more in their "What Can We Rename an Existing Resort" committee! :sad2:

Jennifer...thank you so much for that fantastic slideshow!!!

The pictures and the music were so well coordinated. It was pure fun to relive so many great sights, Awesome!:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Jimmy . . . as I may have stated before in this thread, because of such negativity in the world, DiznyDi & I do not have cable or satellite TV; do not get a newspaper or magazines; don't "do" Facebook, nor do we Tweet, Snap, Chat, Quack, or Pop; we watch no commercial TV, but watch Netflix often. Somehow we survive, still knowing what is going on in the world, and enjoy our family and friends more.

But let me say, that there are two discussion boards I participate in; this thread is one (sorry, I no longer visit other DISboard threads) and one hobby discussion board. Both are wonderful in there own right. This thread feeds my love for The World, while the other feeds my need for improvements in my hobby. Both are filled with great people that are understanding and concerned for the others participating. Yes, Jimmy, Safe Havens. But we also need to remember that although we are safe in these environments, that is not what we were made for . . . . now get to work! :teeth:
I do occasionally Snap, Crackle and Pop, mostly due to work!!:duck::teeth:
In all seriousness we too pay Little attention to the news and try to avoid political discussions as it tends to separate folks

This thread is full of friendly folks from all over. Had it not been for this thread, I may not have had the chance to meet and become friends with folks from OH, MO, NJ, VA, Mass., NV, TX and on and on. Though we may talk a bit different, have differing views on life, we all have this common thread that intertwined our lives together.

I am fortunate and all the better for knowing you folks and calling you friends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter