VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy...personally I don't like using the website. Once I get my reservation and passes linked, I just use the phone app for FP+ and ADRs. That isn't as helpful as the other suggestions, but it does give you a Plan B in case you can't get the website to work for you. Good luck!

As others said Jimmy I'd try a different browser. I personally use Chrome and haven't had any issues. Or clear cookies.

Jimmy...personally I don't like using the website. Once I get my reservation and passes linked, I just use the phone app for FP+ and ADRs. That isn't as helpful as the other suggestions, but it does give you a Plan B in case you can't get the website to work for you. Good luck!

One thing I've noticed with the app is that it doesn't show all the dining options - for example if you want any special event I've always had to go to the website.

As others said Jimmy I'd try a different browser. I personally use Chrome and haven't had any issues. Or clear cookies.

One thing I've noticed with the app is that it doesn't show all the dining options - for example if you want any special event I've always had to go to the website.

Good point. But for FP+ and regular dining it works fine for us. As you indicated, I had to do Candlelight Processional online as well as the DVC moonlight magic thingy.

Good point. But for FP+ and regular dining it works fine for us. As you indicated, I had to do Candlelight Processional online as well as the DVC moonlight magic thingy.
Are you saying Moonlight Magic appears in your MDE?

Are you saying Moonlight Magic appears in your MDE?

I'm curious about that too. It doesn't appear in mine.

No, I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant that I couldn't book moonlight magic on the app. It doesn't show up in my MDE. The CP dinner package does show up, however.

My 1st night waitlist just came through at VGC for March! :yay: Now fingers crossed night #2 comes through otherwise that is going to be a pain for me.

Here's throwing some Moose Dust your way for that second night!

No, I'm sorry I wasn't very clear. I meant that I couldn't book moonlight magic on the app. It doesn't show up in my MDE. The CP dinner package does show up, however.

Here's throwing some Moose Dust your way for that second night!

Thanks Granny!

I came across something interesting this morning for any groupie that might have an AMEX Platinum card. They have an offer with Undercover Tourist. Spend $100 or more & get a $20 statement credit. It's valid until 1/1/18. I stockpiled some tickets at the beginning of last year before they went to the expiring tickets so I won't use it but maybe it will help one of you.

Have a great day groupie friends!

how do I submit a room request? I want to request one of the cool dedicated two bedroom units in the wheel. How far out should I make the request?

how do I submit a room request? I want to request one of the cool dedicated two bedroom units in the wheel. How far out should I make the request?

Call MS. I put in requests when I book so I don't forget but do it at least a week ahead. I think room assignments are done 3-4 days ahead but I could be wrong about that

Call MS. I put in requests when I book so I don't forget but do it at least a week ahead. I think room assignments are done 3-4 days ahead but I could be wrong about that
Yes, put in any requests as soon as possible. I spoke with the assigner for Kidani years back (not sure if Jambo uses the same person) and she said she tries to get everything sorted out and rooms assigned about 2 weeks ahead of check in, but things always change.

Providing they still work the same, this means my room is assigned as I'm 2 weeks out! It has been a very long 17 month break from the mouse. Looking forward to this trip.

Last edited:

You can make them as soon as you book or anytime after that. As mentioned its best to get them in at least a week (or sounds like two) ahead of check in. I tend to get them in sometime in the month before but sometimes sooner. Early or late has never seemed to make much of a difference - we have our resorts we tend to get our requests and then others that it's been rare. Sad to say that VWL is on the rare to never side for us but I know others have better luck. On the other hand I've had most requests filled at BWV and many say they are the worst for them.

Apparently, Moosie Dust abounds!

First, Happy Thanksgiving (early) to all the Groupies and to our sister site the Copper Creek Crazies (I mean that in a good way!). Second, students went home today and won't be back until Monday. I work tomorrow, as does Luv, but I should be able to get off by 2:30 or so. Began baking tonight working on a couple of apple pies. House smells great. Though it's just the two of us, we still like to do a whole turkey, dressing, potatoes, etc., etc., etc.

Third, and perhaps most amazing, we've gotten four of our five nights at VGC for our June trip! Dang, those rooms are hard to get. Right at 7 months, 8 a.m. sharp, and nothing available. They were there a couple of days before, but it appears someone was walking a reservation and beat us to the punch. Over the past few days, we've managed to get our first day, then our second day, both 1BR (and, of course, we've wait listed). We had already made reservations at Paradise Pier, so we were set if nothing else came through. Tonight, on a whim before heading off to bed, Luv decided to check availability. To her "grand" surprise, the last two nights of our stay were open--in a GV! We jumped on it, though we're having to borrow some points. At first we were planning to wait list a 1BR for the remaining night still. . .then we said, "we've never stayed in a GV before!" and have decided to keep it. Now, we're just wait listing that one single day in between.

As I've mentioned before, this trip is a special celebration: our 5th anniversary, my daughter's 18th birthday, and her graduation from high school all rolled into one trip. She doesn't know about the GV yet. That will be a "day of" surprise, one last "a-ha!" moment before she heads off to college a couple of months later. So, as I said, major Moosie Dust going on here.

Have a great break, Groupies!

First, Happy Thanksgiving (early) to all the Groupies and to our sister site the Copper Creek Crazies (I mean that in a good way!).

Hey now, Copper Creek Crazies... that just might stick! :laughing: Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, sleepy, and all the other Groupies and Crazies.

This Copper Creek Crazy is happy to say that I'm finally going to WLV (the one and only original)! This is a very last minute trip for mid-January, so of course mostly Saratoga Springs, but with the sweet, sweet bonus of 2 nights at Boulder Ridge. I'm excited to at least briefly scope out all the new changes at the Lodge before our longer trip to Copper Creek in May. Can't wait!! We haven't stayed at WL since the main pool was renovated. Much too long!

Apparently, Moosie Dust abounds!

First, Happy Thanksgiving (early) to all the Groupies and to our sister site the Copper Creek Crazies (I mean that in a good way!). Second, students went home today and won't be back until Monday. I work tomorrow, as does Luv, but I should be able to get off by 2:30 or so. Began baking tonight working on a couple of apple pies. House smells great. Though it's just the two of us, we still like to do a whole turkey, dressing, potatoes, etc., etc., etc.

Third, and perhaps most amazing, we've gotten four of our five nights at VGC for our June trip! Dang, those rooms are hard to get. Right at 7 months, 8 a.m. sharp, and nothing available. They were there a couple of days before, but it appears someone was walking a reservation and beat us to the punch. Over the past few days, we've managed to get our first day, then our second day, both 1BR (and, of course, we've wait listed). We had already made reservations at Paradise Pier, so we were set if nothing else came through. Tonight, on a whim before heading off to bed, Luv decided to check availability. To her "grand" surprise, the last two nights of our stay were open--in a GV! We jumped on it, though we're having to borrow some points. At first we were planning to wait list a 1BR for the remaining night still. . .then we said, "we've never stayed in a GV before!" and have decided to keep it. Now, we're just wait listing that one single day in between.

As I've mentioned before, this trip is a special celebration: our 5th anniversary, my daughter's 18th birthday, and her graduation from high school all rolled into one trip. She doesn't know about the GV yet. That will be a "day of" surprise, one last "a-ha!" moment before she heads off to college a couple of months later. So, as I said, major Moosie Dust going on here.

Have a great break, Groupies!

That's awesome Sly! Congrats! You're giving me hope my 2nd night wait list may actually come through. I'm wait listing a studio though & I'm sure just like with all DVC resorts those are the most in demand.

Not likely to be back to post again so wishing all my groupie friends a very happy Thanksgiving!

moose-thanksgiving.jpg

Hey now, Copper Creek Crazies... that just might stick! :laughing: Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, sleepy, and all the other Groupies and Crazies.

This Copper Creek Crazy is happy to say that I'm finally going to WLV (the one and only original)! This is a very last minute trip for mid-January, so of course mostly Saratoga Springs, but with the sweet, sweet bonus of 2 nights at Boulder Ridge. I'm excited to at least briefly scope out all the new changes at the Lodge before our longer trip to Copper Creek in May. Can't wait!! We haven't stayed at WL since the main pool was renovated. Much too long!
That's great news! If you haven't stayed at the beloved Lodge since the main pool reno, then you are in for some major changes (though you might have visited). There's a whole new look and feel, though the overall vibe--at least last July--was still Lodge-y. I do miss the more humble notes there such as the now defunct nature trail and the Hidden Springs pool to name just two; however, there's no denying that the Lodge still looks gorgeous. Have a fun trip in January. We did a last-minute trip a couple of years ago around New Year's, and it was wonderful!

Well, I'm glad we have at least one vote for Crazies. It does seem to fit the energetic and thrilled-to-be-owners-at-a-great-resort attitude of the new Copper Creek owners. They're a great bunch and fun to chat with over on their board.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

In case we get busy around here tomorrow(got anywhere from 50-75 converging on us around lunch)just wanted to make sure I wished all my groupie friends and family a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Hello, fellow groupies. We'll be at Kidani tomorrow and depart on Sunday to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday. We're still going in December! Anyway, my youngest daughter and her "friend" were supposed to stay with us, but they cancelled today, TODAY! We bought two 4-day park hopper tickets which will sit idle until someone REALLY comes and visits. But we were unable to get reimbursed for the 2 adult tickets for the Thanksgiving DVC dinner at the Contemporary.

So, I'm offering the two adult dining tickets to any groupie and their guest who will be at WDW tomorrow and need dinner. Your cost - zero. They're not really tickets, but we have to show up and they mark us off the list. If I don't hear an answer by 9 pm EST, then I'll look elsewhere.

3f6491119a72b93080a84fe6d4f67d23.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter